• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doesn't anyone monorail surf

zulemara

<font color=royalblue>Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!<br
The comment about guys sitting when ladies are standing up really got me. Monorail surfing should be an official Disney sport. There's nothing like jumpin on that imaginary surfboard! You just never know when the brakes are gonna get hit! it's a hoot!

edit: I have driven from WI to FL 3 times round trip. The benefits far outweigh the negatives for me. Having a car on Disney property is fantastic and the drive has good scenery once I get out of IL.

Oh yeah! And if you want to take it up a level you have to hit the Charlotte light rail. It's like a faster version of the monorail that mixes in the launch of Rock n' roller coaster. It's a blast!:banana:

Never done it on the monorail, but done it numerous times on the London Underground!

So true Astrodrummergirl! Although i have got some odd looks from that! Especially if i am passing through with my HUGE backpack! That adds a whole new dimention! Plus the people can be just as rude! Men not letting preganant women or women with children sit down! :scared1: If i was their mother...

So true Astrodrummergirl! Although i have got some odd looks from that! Especially if i am passing through with my HUGE backpack! That adds a whole new dimention!

Literaly a whole new dimension!

Plus the people can be just as rude! Men not letting preganant women or women with children sit down! :scared1: If i was their mother...

Yep I know, it happens on buses too (buses are worse). They started a whole new ad campaign about it but I doubt its going to make much difference. I always offer my seat on the bus to someone who needs it more, be it an elderly person, pregnant woman, or most of the time, parents with little kids.

Okay, I gotta ask, how would one "monorail surf"? Surely you aren't planning to stand on top of the monorail and surf it that way... right! ;)

LOL! My kids never want to sit down on the monorail (unless they are up front with the driver). They always want to stand! :cool1:

Oh, I hate it when people refuse to give up their seats on the buses. I always volunteer my seat, even when it's 2 in the morning after Magic Kingdom EMH and I'm totally wiped, because I know it's worse for those parents holding 3 little kids (Though staying till 2 am with little kids is a little park commando-ish to me). It's common courtesy, something people seem to be lacking lately.

Oh, I hate it when people refuse to give up their seats on the buses. I always volunteer my seat, even when it's 2 in the morning after Magic Kingdom EMH and I'm totally wiped, because I know it's worse for those parents holding 3 little kids (Though staying till 2 am with little kids is a little park commando-ish to me). It's common courtesy, something people seem to be lacking lately.

totally agree!

Ultimate places to surf without going into water and risking a limb:
1. Disney theme park monorails and buses.
2. The Metro in Paris. Especially if you're going to Disneyland and you're too excited to sit down. This also earns you nasty looks from some French business men. Long story.
3. The Underground. Just not during Rush Hour. Not enough room since, if I recall correctly, we're packed in like sardines.
4. Buses. All buses in general... Just not when you're risking your life on a Detroit Smart Bus. (Those have a habit of running into buildings.
5. The BART.
6. Top level of a double decker bus.

And I'm sure there are more that I don't know about it.

All in all...It's just great fun. ^_^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter