Dog’s Ear Won’t Stand Up

We have a GSD puppy who just turned 6 months. The tip of his one ear still doesn’t stand up. We do not want to do any medical intervention because it seems cruel to do something for an issue that is purely cosmetic. But has anyone had a dogs ear finally stand up at 7-8 months?
Your breeder should be able to guide you on the best ways to get the ears to stand up. When I was a kid, my parents would tape our GSD puppy ears. Your breeder should be a wealth of info.

If this is a pet shop puppy or a back yard breeder dog, you might try calling your local GSD club and get some tips. However, if the proper breeding is not there, you may be out of luck.

I used to work with purebred german shepherds--show dogs and police dogs. You need to tape the ears. You can call the breeder for guidance, or just look up instructions online. It's simple to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter