>> Dog-Friendly Resorts FAQ <<

Plan to have a trip to Disney's Art of Animation Resort with my pup. Great to read this helpful info.

Does anyone know if any YC CL rooms are available for pets or are they mostly lower floors, standard view rooms? :dog2:

TIA for answers. :flower1:

Unlikely, given that only one area of each of the four resorts is dog friendly. You might consider calling the Concierge. From the first post in this thread:
"Are dogs being hosted in specific buildings or floors of resorts? What if I don't want to be near other guests' dogs?

Disney has stated that dogs will only be placed in certain areas of resorts. If you wish to avoid dogs during your stay, you may request to be placed in an area that is not being used by guests with dogs. According to Disney, approximately 250 rooms property-wide are being designated as dog-friendly. That's less that one percent of their total room inventory."

Last edited:

I made reservations through my DVC account - under the Disney Collection for a cabin at Fort Wilderness and will be bringing my 2 Maltipoos. The Disney rep was very helpful. I am so glad Disney has finally set aside some rooms for people with dogs. I am treating my brother to the Food & Wine Festival this September and he is my dog sitter, so I have no one else to watch the pups, this really helps. So the normal 3 hour drive will take probably 4 hours because I plan to make two stops for them. It'll be their first trip. And yes, even as a dog owner, I am concerned about a room that might have dog odor, fleas, etc. But I feel Disney is on top of things, so I am looking forward to the stay with my pups and my brother.

This is super delayed, but it’s my constant struggle. I’m severely allergic to dogs. People don’t understand if they don’t suffer from the same allergies. The inability to breathe, the watery eyes, the hives all over, it’s the worst feeling in the world.

That being said, I’ve never had a problem with any of the resorts I’ve stayed at. I usually call about a week in advance and inform the cast member that we need an allergy clean beforehand and, like I said, they’ve always been amazing and accommodating for it! :sunny:

I just want to throw in my two cents. I have horrible allergies. When I'm around dogs, unfortunately, my face swells up, my eyes water, I can't breathe. We stayed at riverside last year, and before our stay, I called Disney and asked for an allergy clean. Aside from that one call, there was nothing else required of me, and I enjoyed my trip with no allergic reactions.

I just want to throw in my two cents. I have horrible allergies. When I'm around dogs, unfortunately, my face swells up, my eyes water, I can't breathe. We stayed at riverside last year, and before our stay, I called Disney and asked for an allergy clean. Aside from that one call, there was nothing else required of me, and I enjoyed my trip with no allergic reactions.
one thing to keep in mind even with the deep cleaning there could be a bed bug dog in your room while you are out of room and I do not know if you would be told of this if bed bugs are reported near your room. yes I have seen the dogs at the hotels. I am just not sure if you would be told if the dogs had been in your room or hoe you would know

one thing to keep in mind even with the deep cleaning there could be a bed bug dog in your room while you are out of room and I do not know if you would be told of this if bed bugs are reported near your room. yes I have seen the dogs at the hotels. I am just not sure if you would be told if the dogs had been in your room or hoe you would know

And/or a service dog as they can stay in any room on property.

I'd rather just pretend bed bugs didn't exist. Bed bug dogs never crossed my mind though, I wonder if Disney keeps notes on your room number and would notify you if a dog had entered your room in the middle of your stay. Whatever the case, it would seem that I lucked out, because there were no allergy problems during our stay. I can't even go to the mother-in-law's house anymore, because my face will swell up to cartoonish proportions. I did tell the disney rep on the phone when I requested the allergy clean that avoiding a trip to the ER would make my trip that much more magical, lol.

I'd rather just pretend bed bugs didn't exist. Bed bug dogs never crossed my mind though, I wonder if Disney keeps notes on your room number and would notify you if a dog had entered your room in the middle of your stay. Whatever the case, it would seem that I lucked out, because there were no allergy problems during our stay. I can't even go to the mother-in-law's house anymore, because my face will swell up to cartoonish proportions. I did tell the disney rep on the phone when I requested the allergy clean that avoiding a trip to the ER would make my trip that much more magical, lol.
I know the one time I saw bed bug dog checking rooms it seemed to do 3 in a row guessing it was the reported room and one on either side of that room. don't know if guests were told later or left a note

I know the one time I saw bed bug dog checking rooms it seemed to do 3 in a row guessing it was the reported room and one on either side of that room. don't know if guests were told later or left a note

I don't know if it's true of all bed bug dogs, but I know a popular breed of bed bug detectors are Jack Russell Terriers. While no dog is truly hypoallergenic, Jack Russell Terriers are considered one of the better breeds for allergy sufferers, due to their non-shedding coat which produces less dander. Disney thinks of everything else, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't try to use similar breeds.

I don't know if it's true of all bed bug dogs, but I know a popular breed of bed bug detectors are Jack Russell Terriers. While no dog is truly hypoallergenic, Jack Russell Terriers are considered one of the better breeds for allergy sufferers, due to their non-shedding coat which produces less dander. Disney thinks of everything else, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't try to use similar breeds.
one we saw was a beagle not a Jack Russel

My sister had a Jack Russell...they shed like crazy. I've seen Beagles as "sniffer" detection dogs, but not at Disney.

We have been requesting deep clean prior to the implementation of the dog friendly resorts since our youngest has severe food allergies and you don't know what foods people have had in their rooms. We used AAA, so the agent always did the requests & noted the allergies for us. On our last trip, I booked directly and the dog friendly policy was in place and our oldest is highly to dogs. I called the resort directly to request to not be placed in the sections of the dog friendly rooms and to have the deep clean. I also had them make a note about the severe allergies to dogs and the severe food allergies. I have found Disney one the most aware and accommodating about allergies.

We have been requesting deep clean prior to the implementation of the dog friendly resorts since our youngest has severe food allergies and you don't know what foods people have had in their rooms. We used AAA, so the agent always did the requests & noted the allergies for us. On our last trip, I booked directly and the dog friendly policy was in place and our oldest is highly to dogs. I called the resort directly to request to not be placed in the sections of the dog friendly rooms and to have the deep clean. I also had them make a note about the severe allergies to dogs and the severe food allergies. I have found Disney one the most aware and accommodating about allergies.

I, too, am highly allergic to dogs and have had to do the same thing! Never a problem! They’ve always been understanding! Allergies are such a tough thing to live with, it’s nice to know I can go there and not have an issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts