>> Dog-Friendly Resorts FAQ <<

Would love to hear recent experience on a stay at Yacht club. We will be going this December and would love to hear all about it

Are the items included in the pet welcome kit ours to keep? For $50 a night, they should give us a new one every day :)

Hi everyone- I’m new to these forums and I appreciate all the info. We brought our small dog to Port Orleans (Riverside) in 2018 and the staff and facility were great. The only problem we encountered was that there was no doggy day care option on the premises. They said we’d have to take our dog down the road to the pet resort. Since we didn’t have a vehicle, that was impossible. We took the resort shuttle to and from the kingdoms to our hotel to walk the dog, but Animal Kingdom was a long ride and the shuttles were few and far between. If you plan well it’s not a huge problem getting back and forth to any of the kingdoms. A lot depends on your pet and how long they can be crated in your room before they’d need to go out.

We are returning to Port Orleans in May (2020) with our dog. The dog friendly rooms are located towards the back of the facility - so while it may be a long-ish walk to the dining area and main pool, it’s much closer to the shuttle pick up in back. There is also a smaller (quieter) pool directly next to the pet friendly rooms that face the garden.

Hi all- :dogdance:

We brought our dog (who was only a few months old at the time) with us 2 years ago during our Disney trip. We are returning in a few months with our dog again, and I was hoping some of you might have a few tips or tricks to make it a little smoother for our pup. The first day he cried and barked for a long time after we left the room. My husband and I took turns returning to the room each day we were there in order to walk him and give him love. However, it is a long ride from Animal Kingdom to our resort (Port Orleans). We use the Disney shuttles for transportation.

Would anyone recommend the doggy day care nearby? I wish the hotel had bathrooms with doors so we could let him stay in a whole room and not just his crate.

Just book your baby at Best Friends. They have play time, snacks, adventure walks, etc. My dog is headed there next week for three nights.

Just book your baby at Best Friends. They have play time, snacks, adventure walks, etc. My dog is headed there next week for three nights.
Great- thanks! One of the resort cast members mentioned that place, but I wanted to know if anyone had first hand experience with them.

Hi all- :dogdance:

We brought our dog (who was only a few months old at the time) with us 2 years ago during our Disney trip. We are returning in a few months with our dog again, and I was hoping some of you might have a few tips or tricks to make it a little smoother for our pup. The first day he cried and barked for a long time after we left the room. My husband and I took turns returning to the room each day we were there in order to walk him and give him love. However, it is a long ride from Animal Kingdom to our resort (Port Orleans). We use the Disney shuttles for transportation.

Would anyone recommend the doggy day care nearby? I wish the hotel had bathrooms with doors so we could let him stay in a whole room and not just his crate.
We had the same issue with our 2 year old dog at the cabins. We let him settle in for a 2 days before leaving him for an hour. We put a camera on him and saw the fuss he was making and decided to put him in Best Friends..

We chose the indoor/outdoor room and paid extra for playtime and explore time. He was not permitted around other dogs because he does not have the flu shot. I would definitely use them again.

They are pretty busy, so make a reservation in advance. I think you can open an online account before you go. IMPORTANT - you must have proof of vaccinations or they will not take your dog.

We will definitely use them again.

We heard dogs barking at AoA. I had asked for building 9 but got building 7. One day coming in we heard a dog barking constantly but once inside room with white noise machine could not hear it.

Do they still have dogs at Yacht Club? I’m going there in August (have stayed at BC before twice but not Yacht Club — okay basically same resort.. ) but I was hoping I would see dogs out and about with their families - I’m a doggy person! :-)

Does anyone know if they track which rooms the dogs have been allowed in? Or do they have a dedicated number of rooms for pets?

Only asking because I am highly allergic to dogs.

EDIT - Just spotted the first post... I can pretty much tell if a room has had a dog in within an hour so if my breathing is affected I can always get them to move us

Does anyone know if they track which rooms the dogs have been allowed in? Or do they have a dedicated number of rooms for pets?

Only asking because I am highly allergic to dogs.

EDIT - Just spotted the first post... I can pretty much tell if a room has had a dog in within an hour so if my breathing is affected I can always get them to move us
there is no way to tell for sure I would in your case contact and ask for the "deep clean" of the room because any room at the resort could have had a service dog or the bug dogs checking

Since the COVID-19 and Disney reducing number of guests in the resorts, are the dog friendly resorts banning pet dogs? We had to switch to YC and hope that pets will not be allowed now.

Since the COVID-19 and Disney reducing number of guests in the resorts, are the dog friendly resorts banning pet dogs? We had to switch to YC and hope that pets will not be allowed now.
I was told by guest services yesterday that dogs will not be allowed when YC reopens. We are moving from Poly to YC and prefer to not be where pets are allowed. They said those with dogs can book at Fort Wilderness

I was told by guest services yesterday that dogs will not be allowed when YC reopens. We are moving from Poly to YC and prefer to not be where pets are allowed. They said those with dogs can book at Fort Wilderness
Thanks for the update. It makes sense that FW would be allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!