Doing Disney, 26weeks pregnant.

alyssa18o6

Disney Obsessed.
Hi all, I’m currently here on my 4th day of 6 days in Disney. Prior to coming I researched the heck out of doing Disney pregnant, so thought it was only fitting to share my experience.

I should note first off that our “trip” had changed quite a bit 2 weeks before leaving when my Dad who is 57, with some health issues decided he wanted to tag along with my husband and I. At first I didn’t think it would matter, but it did. Dad had a wheelchair, and firmly believes you do the park open to close... which I’m sure you can imagine wasnt so easy for me.

Drink lots of water, I bought a Brita bottle beforehand for water. It definitelt helped out. Whenever you see a bench, take a break. It was INSANELY difficult for me to find a seat when needed, and my body was letting me know. Some parks are better than others, but sitting was difficult to come by. My feet were swollen from the time I got off the plane, and only got worse. I tried alternating shoes and that didn’t help. The best thing we found was making ice packs (I brought gallon ziplock bags with us) and iced them on top of pillows at night. My husband also rubbed my feet for me at night before bed. Buses... this has been the worst part for me. They’ve been standing room only every time, I think I’ve gotten a seat once, maybe twice if I’m lucky. This also has been difficult on my body, especially after having to stand almost all day. Looking back I wish I would of thought this through more. But buses are so hit and miss! I have a visible belly too, and no one was kind enough to offer their seat to me once.

Hopefully this helps some Momma’s out there :)

I should note first off that our “trip” had changed quite a bit 2 weeks before leaving when my Dad who is 57, with some health issues decided he wanted to tag along with my husband and I. At first I didn’t think it would matter, but it did. Dad had a wheelchair, and firmly believes you do the park open to close... which I’m sure you can imagine wasnt so easy for me.

I'm sorry your dad did that to you. That's not cool.

Sorry your trip isn’t going as planned. :(

I hear you about getting a seat whenever you can. I went at 15 weeks and even then, fatigued easily in the heat. I literally sat on the ground a few times when I needed a break!

I also think a good tip for pregnant women (or anyone who needs a seat frequently) is to rent a car. We rented a car on the trip when I was pregnant and I appreciated the guaranteed seat.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and have a smooth 3rd trimester!

As someone who won’t acknowledge a woman is pregnant unless the baby is crowning, I can see why folks would be hesitant to offer up a seat (I’ve been on both ends of this awkward mistake).

Thank you for sharing your recent experience! I am getting nervous about using buses for our upcoming trip during a super busy spring break trip. I might break down and rent a car just to make sure I can get a seat. Usually DH does all of the driving but he is not coming this time since it will be me, our 6 and 3yo, and my mom. I know my mom is very able bodied but she will stick me with the stroller. Ack.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience! I am getting nervous about using buses for our upcoming trip during a super busy spring break trip. I might break down and rent a car just to make sure I can get a seat. Usually DH does all of the driving but he is not coming this time since it will be me, our 6 and 3yo, and my mom. I know my mom is very able bodied but she will stick me with the stroller. Ack.
remember that at MK even if you drive you will have to push stroller up ramp to monorail or on to ferry, no walking from parking lot to gate. plus when tired at end of day that ramp is a killer if pushing 2 kids and you are not sure of a seat on either the monorail or the ferry also

Buses... this has been the worst part for me. They’ve been standing room only every time, I think I’ve gotten a seat once, maybe twice if I’m lucky. This also has been difficult on my body, especially after having to stand almost all day. Looking back I wish I would of thought this through more. But buses are so hit and miss! I have a visible belly too, and no one was kind enough to offer their seat to me once.

I ended up carrying my sleeping two year old out of the parks on our recent trip and we were never lucky to board with seats so I ended up standing. It was not comfortable but more importantly I didn't feel it was very safe. I couldn't believe how on a full bus of people no one offered a seat when I was struggling to hold him one armed while trying to hold on to a safety bar too. With your dad in a wheelchair is he not boarding first with it where you could also board? Maybe try an uber for the rest of the trip or sit on the ground and wait for the next bus that you can board with a seat?

As someone who won’t acknowledge a woman is pregnant unless the baby is crowning, I can see why folks would be hesitant to offer up a seat (I’ve been on both ends of this awkward mistake).
Someone doesn't need to be confirmed pregnant to offer a seat.

I've been verbally attacked for offering a lady a seat at boarding area for a train at a local park. I "assumed" she was pregnant and she really looked exhausted. WELL, she wasn't. I apologized but the lady screamed forever. Since that day I let someone else make the mistake. By the way, I never stated anything about her being pregnant. I think a rental car would solve the problem and would probably opt for one.

I ended up carrying my sleeping two year old out of the parks on our recent trip and we were never lucky to board with seats so I ended up standing. It was not comfortable but more importantly I didn't feel it was very safe. I couldn't believe how on a full bus of people no one offered a seat when I was struggling to hold him one armed while trying to hold on to a safety bar too. With your dad in a wheelchair is he not boarding first with it where you could also board? Maybe try an uber for the rest of the trip or sit on the ground and wait for the next bus that you can board with a seat?

I cannot believe no one offered you a seat... that is not safe at all!

He only used a chair in the parks. But I did notice quite a bit that people in ECV and scooters boarded with everyone else. Which I thought was weird! A few times the handicap loading area wasn’t there. I’ve never seen that before.

There was a whole debate on here once about how it’s rude for a man to offer a woman a seat. Not kidding.

I cannot believe no one offered you a seat... that is not safe at all!

He only used a chair in the parks. But I did notice quite a bit that people in ECV and scooters boarded with everyone else. Which I thought was weird! A few times the handicap loading area wasn’t there. I’ve never seen that before.

I offered a woman standing holding an infant (not in a sling) a seat and she turned me down. She was standing right behind the yellow line facing that big front window and our driver was very hard on the brakes. I could not watch her lurching back and forth with that baby.

There was a whole debate on here once about how it’s rude for a man to offer a woman a seat. Not kidding.

I don’t think it’s necessary for a man to offer an able-bodied woman a seat. That’s different from offering a seat to a woman (or man, even) carrying a sleeping toddler. The latter is a dangerous situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter