Doing Disney a bit different this time! - 5K Race morning! updated 10.23

Things have been crazy here, how dare life get in the way of my DIS board time! But I have a few minutes for an update and catching up on some threads so here I am! I will say my notes are fuzzy and this trip was so long ago, I may be missing stuff, but I think its still fun to revisit, and you wont know if i leave it out anyway! haha! So here we go.
I've been in the same boat, but its a rainy weekend and all we have going is some football so the DIS it is!

Are those autograph ears? Never seen those before

Hari Cuts at Harmony barber Shop! I am so sad this will not be open in November, as least as of now, Dillon was asking about it this week and everything!
We got Casey's hair cut here for the first time too, though she was almost 4 I think. Poor thing had next to no hair for the longest time we never had to cut it

Crystal Palace is always a good meal choice! The ears look sooo cute with the colorful signatures!!!

Agreed! It was a good pick! They came out amazing thank you so much! 🥰 Dillon Loves them, I want to put them in a shadow box, but honestly it will take me like 5 years to get around to it!

I miss character meets so much! The ears look adorable on Dillon- @missangelalexis is so talented. I'm glad we got those ears when we did because who knows when autographs will be a thing again :oops:

They came out great! So happy i stole the Idea from you! UGH I know I am very mixed about our trip coming up, Dillon loves character meets so much and I feel like she is going to be so sad to not get them, and i worry by the time we can do them again she wont be into them anymore ☹

I've been in the same boat, but its a rainy weekend and all we have going is some football so the DIS it is!

I feel like i have no free time, even thought i am home most of the time... 🤷‍♀️

Are those autograph ears? Never seen those before

YES I stole the idea from @lvcourtneyy ! I had to have a pair for the girls and they loves it! (well Dillon did, Maren had no idea what was going on)! @missangelalexis helped make Courtney's vision come true, i just stole said vision!

We got Casey's hair cut here for the first time too, though she was almost 4 I think. Poor thing had next to no hair for the longest time we never had to cut it

Yeah Maren was born with a ton of hair! SO i felt like might as well get it cut, i actually wish i had her hair its still Fab!

YES I stole the idea from @lvcourtneyy ! I had to have a pair for the girls and they loves it! (well Dillon did, Maren had no idea what was going on)! @missangelalexis helped make Courtney's vision come true, i just stole said vision!

I stole the idea from somewhere else on the internet too :rotfl: :rotfl: but Alexis made it come to life perfectly in her own way!

Well only a month and 2 days between updates... not a slacker at all!

Race day, my notes are VERY slim, but I have pictures.

I set my alarm for 3:30! If I remember correctly which I don't I had to be at the race by 4:30, but i worry i will over sleep, or miss a turn, or you know anything that will go wrong could go wrong. So i got up at the unnatural hour of 3:30, thinking about the days when this was a bed time not get up time.

I got dressed, and headed to the race, it was cold 55 with a light rain all morning.
When I arrived there was a short line for a phot here, so I grabbed one while I waited for my friend (H I am going to called her H) to arrive.

When H arrived we did a loop around saw lines for charters were long, but the characters were out yet due to the weather and who knows if they ever came out we did not wait. We were VERY fashionable in our ponchos and rain gear, I was in coral B but H was in C, I am not sure how much they check for the 5K but I went to C with her. We huddled together, and waited and waited and inched up and were off I think a bit after 630? but honest i have no idea.

if you haven't done a race yet, there is entertainment, and they let people start in groups, and if it wasn't so wet it wouldn't have been as bad.

I loved running this race, I had run a race at Disneyland back in 2016 and I loved it then too! I cant wait till the races start up again, we were signed up for the Wine and Dine, but it has been moved to virtual (understandable) but I don't really run unless I have a race coming up, so its sad I don't have any coming up, I need to run, but cant seem to motivate. Plus I love the Disney ones!

Anyway I digress, we didn't stop for any characters the lines were long and we had places to be.

Running the race! There are Photo pass Photographers out, so i got some pics!

The Theme was Moana, and I was Disney bounding as Hei Hei... you cant see the hair clip but its there, nice brown jacket for the cold... I did end up taking it off
Finish line! (picture says 7:07)

We finished around 7 (i check the time stamp I guess I was close) , got our medals, and took some pictures.

FINSIHED!

Then we headed our sperate ways to meet up later at HS. I also ate my snack box, and grabbed an extra foil blanket (this was VERY important)

I did a Starbucks run, then headed back to the house where the kids were getting dressed and hanging with their aunt, and we all got ready for a day at HS!
Dillon keeps asking for bunk beds! Guess they were a hit!

Up next HS!​

Attachments

• 1603477227382.png
    1603477227382.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

They certainly do make you get up early for runDisney! I want to do a princess race one day- hopefully they can go non-virtual again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!