Doing Disney a bit different this time! - Travel day Part 2 updated 5.22

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
As many times as we've been to WDW I am 100% confident I would get lost getting anywhere. I have a really good sense of direction but pay zero attention to where the buses are ever going. And I didn't even think about the alcohol factor. Think we will just ixnay the whole rental car idea right there.

I don't think I realized any states didn't have alcohol in the stores. We can get beer and wine in them, just not liquor. Of course maybe I'd drink less if I had to go to two different places :D

footballmouse

DIS Veteran
We rented a house for the first time when we went down a couple of Xmas' ago. It was really nice, will probably do it again next year.

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
Late to the party but joining in now!

We've had a car in Disney a lot now so I'm used to driving on property but the first few times were definitely rough lol. And using the GPS to try to navigate is a disaster- it's always trying to bring you to entrances you're not allowed to use lol. Google maps is somewhat better but at this point I just use the Disney signs. Disney Springs parking is the worst! I feel like the lime garage is the most conveniently located but for some reason I can never figure out how to get in it lol.

• NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    Sounds like the rest of your day was good!

I still get so amazed when I'm outside of NJ and see stores selling alcohol!!
    It was shocking to me when i moved to NJ and realized this, however it balances out that i never have to pump my own gas!

As many times as we've been to WDW I am 100% confident I would get lost getting anywhere. I have a really good sense of direction but pay zero attention to where the buses are ever going. And I didn't even think about the alcohol factor. Think we will just ixnay the whole rental car idea right there.
    I feel the same, i have a good sense of direction, but it is honestly all over the place and the GPS never takes you to the right spots its very frustrating.

haha! Yeah i will say it is a MAJOR negative to the offsite house. If the girls were older we would just Uber every where. Dillon doesn't need car seat per FL law but Maren does. And once we took an Uber when Dillon was 4 and the refused us because of her age.

I don't think I realized any states didn't have alcohol in the stores. We can get beer and wine in them, just not liquor. Of course maybe I'd drink less if I had to go to two different places :D
    Yeah it SUCKS! honestly it was a shock when i realized it when i first moved here, i thought it was just one store, so was like we will go to the other CVS and Rob was like what no, none of them sell alcohol... like WHAT

We rented a house for the first time when we went down a couple of Xmas' ago. It was really nice, will probably do it again next year.
    It was a really nice change! Has pluses and minuses but overall we liked it... i think!

Late to the party but joining in now!

We've had a car in Disney a lot now so I'm used to driving on property but the first few times were definitely rough lol. And using the GPS to try to navigate is a disaster- it's always trying to bring you to entrances you're not allowed to use lol. Google maps is somewhat better but at this point I just use the Disney signs. Disney Springs parking is the worst! I feel like the lime garage is the most conveniently located but for some reason I can never figure out how to get in it lol.
    Never late! Welcome! How are you?

Yeah google maps is my go to, but even still i am like WHAT is going on!

My friend said the same about Lime, but no idea how to get there, maybe we will try next time. haha!

rndmr2

DIS Veteran
    Just finished your other TR and followed your link to this one, looking forward to reading more about your trip.

My family stayed offsite the 1st 2 trips down to WDW in 85 and 87 then after that all trips have been onsite. Recently we have toyed with the idea of offsite either at another hotel or a condo/house but I haven't been able to do it yet, I think I would miss the Bubble too much (the Disney Bubble)

I am originally from Philly so I am used to the "No Alcohol in grocery stores", etc so when I moved in 2002 to VA it was REALLY strange. Now I have been in Western NY since 2005, it's not so strange anymore.

I have had a trip planned for late September to DLR but all that is up in the air now so I am bummed, it's nice to still get a little "Fix" via trip reports, though so looking forward to more of yours.

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
    Just finished your other TR and followed your link to this one, looking forward to reading more about your trip.
    Welcome and thanks for following along!

My family stayed offsite the 1st 2 trips down to WDW in 85 and 87 then after that all trips have been onsite. Recently we have toyed with the idea of offsite either at another hotel or a condo/house but I haven't been able to do it yet, I think I would miss the Bubble too much (the Disney Bubble)
    It was a really hard sell for me, i did miss the Disney bubble, but for this trip it made sense... and i didn't hate it nearly as much as i thought i was going to.

I have had a trip planned for late September to DLR but all that is up in the air now so I am bummed, it's nice to still get a little "Fix" via trip reports, though so looking forward to more of yours.
    It is such a bummer when stuff is getting canceled We have a November tip booked, and I'm holding out hope it can happen, and be somewhat normal.

Joining in! We have done several offsite stays and the last couple times we had a house with a private pool which the kids loved.
    Yes the pool is great! We don't end up using it this trip, but having it is such a nice option!

• amazingact21

Upendi
    I'm here and following along!
    Curious to hear how your offsite experience went. I see you've seen what a pain GPS can be in Central FL. It's such a pain sometimes!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.