Doing Epcot the day of Galaxy Edge?

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
Was wondering if Epcot would have lower crowds that Thursday that Galaxy Edge opens. Thinking everyone might be at the Studios?

TP is predicting the other parks will have low attendance that day. We plan to be in EP that day for the opening of F&W. If TP is correct, it should be a good day to visit any park OTHER than DHS!!! :)

I think it will depend on the system they plan to use for the GE opening- if they do reservations only and you don't have one for that day are you going to go anyways?

Haven't bought the tickets yet. Staying offsite so concerned about getting FP for anything that day.

Thursday the 29th is also the opening day for the EPCOT Food & Wine festival so I think that will attract a fair number of people - particularly any “locked out” of Galaxy’s Edge who choose to walk/boat/gondola over. I’m no crowd science expert - and EPCOT does absorb crowds very well - but I think if looking to avoid crowds I’d hit AK or MK.

Thursday the 29th is also the opening day for the EPCOT Food & Wine festival so I think that will attract a fair number of people - particularly any “locked out” of Galaxy’s Edge who choose to walk/boat/gondola over. I’m no crowd science expert - and EPCOT does absorb crowds very well - but I think if looking to avoid crowds I’d hit AK or MK.
We're not staying on property so we can't take advantage of the early entry MK and AK will have. We feel Epcot is our only choice for that day. Thinking this park will have the lowest crowds

We're not staying on property so we can't take advantage of the early entry MK and AK will have. We feel Epcot is our only choice for that day. Thinking this park will have the lowest crowds
F&W is awesome. I’m sure you’ll have a great time. Enjoy!

Since it is opening day of F&W I would expect decent crowds at EP.

If I was trying to avoid crowds and was concerned about FPs I would go with MK since they have tons of FP options.

Epcot will most definitely be the second busiest park that day due to food and wine. The opening of F&W is a mad house. I’m sure a lot of the Disney bloggers/news sites will send some staff to F&W esp if they go to media previews of GE before it actually opens to the public. And assuming you will not be allowed to spend all day in GE at first like they are doing at Disneyland there will definitely be a lot of crossover during the day between the parks since they are a boat ride or walk away.

If people can't get into SW:GE, I would expect them to be at Epcot because of the opening of Food & Wine. I've always heard it's overrun, if only because bloggers/vloggers etc want to be there so they can share stuff about the Festival. I also would suggest doing AK, even if you don't have EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!