Dole Whips- MK vs. AK

So apparently I have either out grown my pineapple allergy or it never existed (highly a possibility my mom is weird) but now on our next trip for the first time in 30 years I will get to try Dole whip and I cannot wait to add my opinion as to which is better!!

How do the ones on the cruise rate?

So apparently I have either out grown my pineapple allergy or it never existed...
Interesting so I looked up this product on the Dole company site - Pineapple Dole Whip - Soft Serve contains the following ingredients which are in order of abundance:

Sugar, Dextrose, Stabilizers (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Coconut Oil, Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor (contains Pineapple Juice Powder), Modified Food Starch, Malic Acid, Beta Carotene (Color), Mono & Diglycerides, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking).​

I'm so glad this question was asked. I had planned on getting a dole whip at AK and a citrus swirl at MK. Now I'm conflicted!

Prefers the Orange Whip.
B92_C995_F-_B5_E4-4019-8_FA5-188249_C14_FFA.jpg

I don't like it plain but love it swirled with vanilla which I think is only in the MK?

Don't forget the options at Refreshment Port during F&G and F&W festivals:
Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream
Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum
Dragon Berry Refresher
featuring Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum

Personally, my hands-down favorite style of Dole Whip is Aloha Isle's pineapple upside down cake that's topped with Dole Whip! IT'S DELISH!!!!!

I'm so glad this question was asked. I had planned on getting a dole whip at AK and a citrus swirl at MK. Now I'm conflicted!

Suggestion:
Get a plain whip AND a float at MK.
Also get a citrus swirl (I don't like them at ALL - the orange stuff tastes too much like "From Concentrate" it has a bitter twinge, just not a fan.

Then get a whip at AK. (Mk whips are better.)

You WILL want to try them all. They are not "heavy."

Don't forget the options at Refreshment Port during F&G and F&W festivals:
Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream
Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum
Dragon Berry Refresher
featuring Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum

Personally, my hands-down favorite style of Dole Whip is Aloha Isle's pineapple upside down cake that's topped with Dole Whip! IT'S DELISH!!!!!

Is there a chance they also have it at Epcot during Festival of the Holidays?

Pineapple upside down cake might be what I actually need!

Is there a chance they also have it at Epcot during Festival of the Holidays?

Pineapple upside down cake might be what I actually need!

When we were there in 2015, it was not available during the Festival of the Holidays and I was bummed. I don't remember for 2016 because I was pregnant during that trip, lol.

Had no idea until this last trip that there are two different kinds of Dole Whip recipes at WDW! MK Dole Whips are creamier, more like ice cream. AK Dole Whips are more like sorbet, and you can get them with rum. Soooo... which do you prefer??

Of course, after this new and important knowledge, I HAD to try both, and I have to say I'm on Team Magic Kingdom Dole Whip...

I remember when these came out and a lot of people were promising they were the same..However, having had the ones at AK twice myself, they are definitely not the same. The one at AK has more of a slushy consistency to me. I prefer the original version, but i know a lot of people enjoy the AK ones as well.

Ok so we were at Magic Kingdom last week and I swear at the same place they had 2 different versions of the pineapple dole whip. Some people's were darker and some were lighter. I guess it depended upon which machine it came from. Everyone thought it was kind of bizarre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter