• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dollar fastlane upgrade???

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
Hi, I booked through dollar and got fastlane. I booked an intermediate car. I just got a coupon for up grade in the mail.My question is should I go back and just book compact which would save me about $100.00s and use coupon for up grade? How does that work? we are going to use fastlane. I have read some where that sometimes you get there and you will go to use coupon and there will not be an upgrade available. Could some one tell me how fastlane would work using our coupon?? I have never rented a car before so this is all new to me... We are going in 5 weeks so I am trying to finish all my final ressies...thanks,,,corvair

Anybody out there can you tell me about dollar fastlane???? Thanks,,corvair

We used Dollar for our trip last President's week. When we presented our free upgrade coupon she said "sorry, we have no cars available to upgrade you to". So reserve what you need , if you are able to upgrade, just enjoy it. ~:)~

Suzy Que, thanks for the reply. I think I will stick with what I have booked. There will be 4 of us so I got an intermediate. I thought maybe I would book compact and use up grade. thanks,,Corvair Do you think and compact would be big enough and comfortable for 2 adults and 2 kids? We are going to Universal for 2 day trips so I want to be comfortable? the compact is about $100.00 cheaper..thanks again,,corvair

Hi Corvair,

Yes, the upgrade coupon is not an automatic freebie...you might get lucky tho, and get an upgrade.

Dollar's compact car is a little Neon. Nice little car..Two kids and 2 adults should be fine, unless you have a ton of luggage.

Herc.

... assume the worst and book the car you need.

If the upgrade happens, it happens. If not at least you have suitable transport and hopefully enough notice for budgeting etc.

Booking a compact expecting an upgrade is inviting disaster. In the battle between cash and convenience, convenience wins *most* times :D

I read have read people doing this with hotels and flights, booking coach expecting business. I gotta laugh even when I see them roughing it in coach with the rest of us por saps because upgrades, in most cases, are a privilege not a right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter