Dolphin Cribs Sizes...Side Gates Are Low??

Mark P.

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Read this on another post regarding cribs at the Dolphin(thanks flynnmnster:) ):

"One thing about the cribs- they are not truly full size. They are a real crib in that they have bars and are elevated off the floor but the mattress is probably the same size as a pack and play mattress. Also the bed can not be lowered so if you have a bigger toddler who still sleeps in a crib the bar may not be high enough. My DS is 17 months old but is the size of a 2-2 1/2 year old (over 28lbs and about 35 inches tall). The crib was not big enough for him we ended up renting one from a local crib rental company"

Our DS will be turning 2 in May, and is just about 35 inches tall. I called the Dolphin to see if they have pack n play cribs available, and they do not. But the very nice CM there said that the cribs are "Big". Still am concerned though...

So, can anyone offer any other experiences with the Dolphin's cribs?

I'd really hate to bring our pack n play from home, or have to rent a crib from an outside company, but we'll do whatever we need to.

Thanks!

I've never stayed at the Dolphin, but if their cribs are anything like WDW resort or other hotel "cribs", then yes I'd agree that the side rails wouldn't be high enough to contain a larger toddler.

The rates were not that bad and at 35 inches the rails are going to be to low for him. You can probably call a couple days before your trip and they will give you the name of a company. We used All about Kids, but there was another one also. It just gave me piece of mind to have him in the bigger crib. The first night I kept waking up everytime I heard him move (and he sleeps like he's running a race) because I thought he was going to stand up and tumble out.
It's not a hassle at all. All about kids dropped the crib off at the bell stand and they called us when it arrived. Then before you leave you need to have the bell man come and get the crib and return it to the bell stand.
The other great thing is that this company rents everything. Next time we go I think DS now 18mnths will be in a bed, so I am going to rent a toddler bed from them so that DH and I can still get a King Bed.
Good Luck. The other thing you can do is try the crib for the first night and if it doesn't work out order the crib from the rental company the next morning. That's what we ended up doing and it got there by 1 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter