Dolphin resort room questions - new year 2019 updates ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
A few question about the new Dolphin rooms...

Mr. Coffee in the room - What size filters do they use ?
4 cup ? 6 cup ?
flat bottom with fluted sides up the sides of a round paper filter ?
Can we ship down our own coffee to the Dolphin ?

The walls look very bland and open
Can we use Command removable zip off hooks on the walls to hang hats and other things ?

Does the Dolphin have the 'green' option - so we keep our towels and do our own garbage ?
Do we get a gift card or room credits ?

Thank you for all the new information.
We have not been to the Dolphin in years

We just got back from a stay at the Dolphin. The Mr. Coffee machine in the room makes one cup of coffee at a time. I don't think any hotel wants you to hang hooks on their room walls. The Dolphin did have a green option - you either get a $5 food/beverage credit per night of your stay or 500 marriott points. You have to opt for every night of your stay if you choose this option.

We just returned from a single night in a regular room as well as a stay for a few days in a junior suite in the Dolphin. Only able to brew one cup at a time in both room types. Starbucks 'pouches' of coffee were supplied. I would simply ask for extra if I needed more. If you have breakfast in Fresh, they will give you extra cups of coffee to take with you in 'to go' cups, BTW. No extra charge.

Free bottles of water left in the room every day! Nice!

I wouldn't use command strips in either room. However, we found that there were plenty of places to store our things and lay out hats, etc. The decor is beautiful - I think that you will be pleasantly surprised. nice and bright and cheerful. Lovely views. comfortable beds. An assortment of pillow types so that you could choose what worked best for you. Toiletries were limited, small and unimpressive. Happily, I brought my own shampoo and cleansers/lotions.

there was a card in the room offering the 'green' option with a $5 (?) credit per day. I'm not entirely certain as we didn't opt for it. When I'm on vacation, I like coming back to a clan and tidy room with a bed that I didn't have to make!

Thank you - $5 a day is not worth being green
Yes new bottles of water and tidying up the towels is nice
ok - no command strips

We do like the new blue rooms - nice relaxing color

One more coffee question - My hubby does not drink Starbucks
Does it use K-CUPS ?

But is the Mr. Coffee maker the
Mr. Coffee K-Cup Brewing System
The Mr. Coffee K-Cup Brewing System is a small coffee maker that will be a hit with those who live alone, college students, and people who are the sole coffee drinkers in their family. It's simple to use and owners love the wide variety of available pods.

Pros
  • Uses all types of K-Cups
  • Included reusable filter for grounds
  • Brews up to 10 ounces

The coffee brewer is not a k cup type. The hotel provides self enclosed pods that make 1 cup each. We received both regular and decaf pods. You can also request more.

One more coffee question - My hubby does not drink Starbucks
Does it use K-CUPS ?

But is the Mr. Coffee maker the
Mr. Coffee K-Cup Brewing System
The Mr. Coffee K-Cup Brewing System is a small coffee maker that will be a hit with those who live alone, college students, and people who are the sole coffee drinkers in their family. It's simple to use and owners love the wide variety of available pods.

Pros

• Uses all types of K-Cups
    • Included reusable filter for grounds
    • Brews up to 10 ounces

The coffee maker doesn't use k-cups. It's a single-serve coffee filter. The coffee maker looks like this: https://www.hotelsupplydepot.com/mr...xcOP_GU7-brl_U48OvnFC0ZQW1xR7fchoCHE0QAvD_BwE

The filter packs look like this: https://www.ebay.com/p/20-Starbucks...ter-Packs/15013818934?iid=132560397822&chn=ps

We were in a king room. We had at least 6 bath towels and wash cloths. We took the $5 drink coupons as we prefer not to be bothered with housekeeping. We received additional coffee supplies every day. On the 4th day our room was cleaned and sheets changed. The decor is nice, there are 4 deep drawers on the dresser and open storage shelves in the bedside tables. Large closet. I hang both hanging clothes and reusable cloth bags to store items in the closet. It was great for a couple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter