Dolphin with ecv?

No, but there shouldn't be any problems. What might you be anticipating? Elevators should be large enough (hey, i we can fit tso ECVs and two ambulatory guests in the original Land elevator, a hotel elevator should be be easy!)

Buses are the Disney buses, so the only "problem" might be grumbling guests. Ignore them. Oh, possibly a driver or two with a, ahem, "broken" ramp, so you might have a bit of a wait.

Has anyone stayed at the Dolphin hotel with an ECV? Were there any problems with the buses or elevators?

Hi, Pats Dragon.

I never had any problem using my old ECV, now with my electric wheelchair.

There are elevator banks on the left and right side of the Dolphin Resort.

I had good experiences using the bus system with the covered walkway.

If you don't know, if you use the elevators on the right side near Shula's Steak House, you can go down to the ground floor near Picabu 24-hour Cafeteria/buffet service and convenience store and wind your around the hallway to the main exit near The Fountain to access the water boat taxi to various restaurants and other resorts and the two parks EPCOT and DHS. I love using this transportation. Plus going to EPCOT to use the Skyliner.

As far as the buses, during the busy times of the parks, there are still limited ECV spaces on each bus as with every resort.

But those buses that may share transportation with other resorts like the Dolphin Resort increases the chances of maybe having to wait for another bus.

Attachments

• 1588280271407.png
    1588280271407.png
    380.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1588281407463.png
    1588281407463.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 2
Has anyone stayed at the Dolphin hotel with an ecv? Were there any problems with the buses or elevators?

I just stayed at the Dolphin in October/Nov (2019) and use a rented ECV - had no problems. There are tons of elevators. I did have to hunt for the best door to go out of if I wanted to get over to Epcot or the Boardwalk area - some doors don't automatically open but definitely there are ones that do. I didn't have any idea about it before I went so I'm sure if I could figure it out you will also. I only mention it cause there are LOTS of doors and walkways around the outside and some will save you some time over taking the main entrance door.

I used the boats a lot - no issues at all. Also no issues with the bus. I think it stops at the Swan first so perhaps there is a higher chance of having all the wheelchair spaces occupied but I never had to wait for another bus. If it had been an issue I might have considered going over to the Swan to catch a bus. Wasn't an issue...and I cannot say for certain every bus goes to the Swan first. I was always the only one in an ECV waiting for a bus at the Dolphin and there was a marked waiting spot. I also used the paths to get to Epcot and DHS a few times without taking the boat - no problems.

I use an ECV for long distances (like touring the parks) so I usually didn't take it to go downstairs in the hotel to grab food or eat breakfast - however it can be a long walk from your room to the elevators so YMMV on that. It's a big resort. Plenty of space in the room for the ECV.

Loved this resort - if you're a Marriott club member the perks are great there and you might want to take a look at joining if you're not. 10 out of 10 I'd stay there again.

I just stayed at the Dolphin in October/Nov (2019) and use a rented ECV - had no problems. There are tons of elevators. I did have to hunt for the best door to go out of if I wanted to get over to Epcot or the Boardwalk area - some doors don't automatically open but definitely there are ones that do. I didn't have any idea about it before I went so I'm sure if I could figure it out you will also. I only mention it cause there are LOTS of doors and walkways around the outside and some will save you some time over taking the main entrance door.

I used the boats a lot - no issues at all. Also no issues with the bus. I think it stops at the Swan first so perhaps there is a higher chance of having all the wheelchair spaces occupied but I never had to wait for another bus. If it had been an issue I might have considered going over to the Swan to catch a bus. Wasn't an issue...and I cannot say for certain every bus goes to the Swan first. I was always the only one in an ECV waiting for a bus at the Dolphin and there was a marked waiting spot. I also used the paths to get to Epcot and DHS a few times without taking the boat - no problems.

I use an ECV for long distances (like touring the parks) so I usually didn't take it to go downstairs in the hotel to grab food or eat breakfast - however it can be a long walk from your room to the elevators so YMMV on that. It's a big resort. Plenty of space in the room for the ECV.

Loved this resort - if you're a Marriott club member the perks are great there and you might want to take a look at joining if you're not. 10 out of 10 I'd stay there again.

Hi Carol.

I agree with everything you said.

The Dolphin Resort is very large. The first time I visited after entering the huge lobby, I went straight to the other side of the lobby to get a glimpse of the walkway through the windows going across to the Swan Resort and the lake with the water taxi.

I was surprised to only see escalators going down to that lower ground level,

After asking around I found out if I went down the hallway to the right of the escalators toward Shula's Steakhouse restaurant I would find several elevators on the right down that hallway.

Looking at the map above, I now remember seeing two hallways on the right side with elevators. I went further to the end of the hallway and took one of the elevators designated going down to Tubbi's Buffeteria.

Once I exited the elevator there is a long hallway to the immediate left. If you travel a short distance down this hallway past the restrooms, make a left turn into the first hallway to the end. The only choice then is to make another left turn where you will see The Fountain food & ice cream restaurant on your immediate left.

Past that is the previously mentioned escalators on your left from the lobby and exit doors on your right.

To the left and right of the main ground-floor exit doors are push-button doors. The first one is in front of The Fountain quick to go ice cream line.

In case you were wondering when your exit the previous elevators just keep going straight down the hallway instead of making a left turn. Tubbi's Buffeteria will be on the right as you go further down the hallway.

And some of the Lobby elevators only go to some floors. I made that mistake a couple of times and notice the elevator only went to the upper half of the floors.

Just like only a few elevators go to the ground floor to Tubbi's Buffeteria.

Unless something has recently changed vendors like Gold Mobility work with bell services for pick ups and returns. When you're ready to go hand the key to a bellhop.

Unless something has recently changed vendors like Gold Mobility work with bell services for pick ups and returns. When you're ready to go hand the key to a bellhop.
That did change, last fall. The only vendor allowed to utilize Bell Services for equipment rentals is ScooterBug. All other vendors will arrange to meet the guest in person.

Oops! I just realized OP is staying at the Dolphin. Bell Services may be an option there for various vendors, one would need to confirm with the vendor. WDW resorts are restricted to the one Featured Vendor.

Enjoy your vacation!

That did change, last fall. The only vendor allowed to utilize Bell Services for equipment rentals is ScooterBug. All other vendors will arrange to meet the guest in person.

Oops! I just realized OP is staying at the Dolphin. Bell Services may be an option there for various vendors, one would need to confirm with the vendor. WDW resorts are restricted to the one Featured Vendor.

Enjoy your vacation!
Stayed there in a January. Gold is allowed to leave the ECV at Bell Services. I assume this is because it is not actually owned by Disney.

That place is a maze. I stayed at the swan a couple years ago and ended up having to go over to the dolphin to pick up a package. I had to get directions from like 4 different people to find the office, then thought I could take a different elevator back down and ended up walking around the whole outside of the building after I finally found a door to the outside.

So, anyway, don't make any assumptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts