Don’t want to bring a purse ... what to do?

Pumpkingirl7

Mouseketeer
I don’t want to bring a bag that I have to go through the bag check line but then I’m afraid my phone will fall out of my pocket... suggestions? Would one of those clear phone pockets still be considered a bag?

I stick the phone in my pocket (or hold in my hand) and my very small bag (a Running Buddy) in my pants or my husband's pocket. After we enter I take out the bag, put the phone in it, clip it on and I'm on my way.
Forgive my ignorance. I am interested in either a FlipBelt or a Running Buddy for my upcoming trip. I understand that you hold your phone in your hand through security, but why is there a need to put the Running Buddy in your husband's pocket?. Couldn't you just have it in place on your pants? I am really wanting to avoid bag checks this trip. But I will have more than my phone in my Running Buddy, such as a safe key, ID, credit card, small pill box, and lip gloss. Just wondering if I can have my stuff in there and it on my pants and still avoid bag check?

I quit carrying a bag of any kind years ago. Don't want the hassle of bag lines.
I'm lucky that my husband wears cargo pants, and the few things we take go in there.
We only bring ID's, small amount of cash, our daytime pills, and that's it.
When he didn't have cargo pants, I just put our pills in a very small (think clear plastic necklace/earring bag), and my glasses. These 2 items went into a small, appx 2" x 4", cloth neck bag. I could stick this undermy shirt and bypass the bag lines.
Love not having a purse or back pack with me.

Forgive my ignorance. I am interested in either a FlipBelt or a Running Buddy for my upcoming trip. I understand that you hold your phone in your hand through security, but why is there a need to put the Running Buddy in your husband's pocket?. Couldn't you just have it in place on your pants? I am really wanting to avoid bag checks this trip. But I will have more than my phone in my Running Buddy, such as a safe key, ID, credit card, small pill box, and lip gloss. Just wondering if I can have my stuff in there and it on my pants and still avoid bag check?

if you have it visible you have to go through the bag check line.

if you have it visible you have to go through the bag check line.
Thank you. So what happens if I have it in place with my stuff in it and my shirt covers it but then the metal detectors go off due to the magnets? (Or do metal detectors even detect magnets???) Would I have to go all the way back to bag check?

I use a Running Buddy at Disney and never had a problem. It’s really just a wallet that slides inside your pants with the outside magnetic flap that goes over your waistband to hold the Running Buddy in place. Never gone thru the bag check line or had any questions from Security.

I use a Running Buddy at Disney and never had a problem. It’s really just a wallet that slides inside your pants with the outside magnetic flap that goes over your waistband to hold the Running Buddy in place. Never gone thru the bag check line or had any questions from Security.
Great, thanks! I ordered mine yesterday, and it should be arriving tomorrow. I will practice using it with jeans to make sure it will work. (I know it's more for workout clothes, but I'll be in jeans at Disney.) Good to know about being able to skip bag check!

I do cargo pants/short. For anything you are worried about falling out of an unbuttoned pocket, you can always put a rubber band around it to make it "grab" the pocket material more.

I need to try those Macy’s cargo pants! Lost my phone out of my pockets 2 years in a row. 2018 on Frozen Ever After and last month on Big Thunder Mountain. Luckily both times I was able to recover the phone. Will check out those pants. Thanks.

Well, here's what I figured out with the Running Buddy. It would probably be better with workout pants, but it also worked with the jeans. The magnets didn't seem as strong with the jeans because it's thicker material, but I don't see how I could lose it since half of it is stuck down in my pants. It was very comfortable; however, I plan on wearing it for longer to make sure. For me, it was impossible to hide it under my shirt. I had it on my right front, and it just looked like I had a large growth coming from my hip! It looks better with my shirt tucked in a little. For bag check, I will just carry my phone in my hand and put the Running Buddy in my back pocket (perfect fit), which will contain my ID, GCs, pill box, and lip gloss, then I'll transfer it to the front of my pants once in the park. Hope that helps anyone who is thinking of going this route.

After wearing the Running Buddy around the house today, I've decided it will definitely work with jeans. I'm not sure if this is the route I will go, however. I'm seriously considering just putting my phone in my back pocket and using my Coach wristlet for all of my other things. I really want to be hands-free though, so I'm thinking of attaching my wristlet to my belt loop and placing it in the other back pocket. If it falls out, it won't go far since it's attached. Anyone carry a wristlet this way?

Small, thin, feminine wallet in my buttoned pocket (cargo capri's, always want ID and cash), phone in my front pocket and good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!