Don’t want to bring a purse ... what to do?

I haven't carried a bag for 3 or 4 years now. I tend to wear tennis skorts that have pockets on the inside or zip pockets and I have a couple of pair of shorts that have zipper pockets. I just carry my phone which has one of the little cloth attachments on it that holds a credit card and my ID. In my other pocket I carry one of those little flip type wallets that will hold a little cash and a room key if I'm staying at the Dolphin. I wear my glasses around my neck. In the colder months, I wear running type leggings that have a pocket and wear a long shirt over them that covers all the bits that people just don't need to be seeing on a woman. I also have one of those infinity scarves that has a pocket built in that I sometimes wear in the winter and put my phone in it if I'm wearing jeans (cause women's jeans have the smallest little pockets known to the human race). It's not real comfortable because the phone tends to pull on it. I also have a running belt that I will wear under my shirt with nothing in it, carry my phone thorough security and then transfer it to that afterwards.

I have a small crossbody “purse” that’s just big enough to hold my phone. It’s small enough to slip into a big pocket or tuck inside a shirt and it has slots for credit cards and a small outside pocket for keys and such.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will buy a few running buddys for my teenage kids for Christmas. This is just what my daughter might need for marching band season next year. She can have her phone and ID and money in it and it will be covered up with the bibs and her marching band top/jacket they wear. If it doesn't work for marching band, she will still use it when she goes for walks/runs and our trip to Disney.

Well, I finally found my solution. OP, I don't know if you have already gone on your trip or not, but if not, maybe this will help you. I ordered a Baggallini Bryant Pouch. It is AMAZING! It is only 6.5” tall, 4.75” wide, and 1.25” deep. Even though it is tiny, it holds a lot! I have been able to fit my phone, my lip gloss, hand sanitizer wipes, floss, a poncho, mints, a pill box, a key, my driver's license, my health insurance card, a Disney GC, my DVC card, a Landry's card, and there's still some room left over! It works as a crossbody, a wristlet, or a fanny pack. I bought it thinking I would use it as a crossbody, but I think I like it as a fanny pack better. It's very light even with all those things in it since it weighs only 5 ounces empty. I am going to try to avoid bag check by sticking it in my back pocket with my phone in the other pocket. Then as soon as I enter the park, I will clip the Baggallini onto my hip and stick my phone in the front pouch. Totally hands-free! (I ordered it through Baggallini on sale and with an additional 20% off, but it's also available from Amazon.)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015GJ1XIW/ref=twister_B07MW1BV94?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

We use one of those phone holders we bought for the water park that goes arond your neck. It goes under my shirt on rides and it is water proof. In florida they have wide ones year around at walmart right inside the doors where the tourist isles are.

I used a flip belt two trips ago. I wore it empty under my shirt through security and carried my phone and ID and a 99¢ poncho through “no bag” line. Then once I was in the park I stuck it in my flip belt. Hands free!!

I use one of these......

B489529A-45F4-41BC-9C84-AF41EC61A44D.jpeg 3EFDFF10-76E4-4D9F-B110-60D62C42F0B4.jpeg

I found it on eBay. It comes in a bunch of pattern choices or solids. I got crazy and ordered black.
It be used as a crossbody, a or my preference, the wrist.

I would prefer to not use a bag but I have to switch from glasses to prescription sunglasses so I have to bring them in a case. This fits the glasses, my phone (iPhone XR with an Otterbox on it for size reference) and the small outer pocket I toss in a lip balm, ear plugs for my sensitive ears, ID, some cash and a credit card.

It’s quite small and could easily go into a pocket until you’re past bag check.

Just another option.

No one has mentioned sunscreen!! That is the one thing I can never need to find a bag small enough that I avoid bag check. 2 redheads in the family we need a sunscreen supply for the day. I always have to carry a bag

I just bought the most adorable Mikey phone case from Aliexpress. Has a pouch on the back that looks big enough to hold some cards and a crossbody lanyard. Bulkier than my everday wallet cases but too stinking cute

I have tried to go bagless.. for me it just will not work...

I have reading glasses, phone, small wallet, I have a small bag for my med's and inhaler... and a couple of other small things... none of these things I can do with out... so I bought a crossbody bag and have been super happy with it...

If they see your bag that's not a bag under your shirt... they will stop you, and check you and this will take up more time... it will make security wonder what you are hiding...

I use one of these......

View attachment 454239 View attachment 454240

I found it on eBay. It comes in a bunch of pattern choices or solids. I got crazy and ordered black.
It be used as a crossbody, a or my preference, the wrist.

I would prefer to not use a bag but I have to switch from glasses to prescription sunglasses so I have to bring them in a case. This fits the glasses, my phone (iPhone XR with an Otterbox on it for size reference) and the small outer pocket I toss in a lip balm, ear plugs for my sensitive ears, ID, some cash and a credit card.

It’s quite small and could easily go into a pocket until you’re past bag check.

Just another option.
This looks it would work for me! can you post the ebay seller's name--- if its a business, please?

I've just bought a drawstring bag small enough to fold into a pocket. Cameras around our necks, phones in hands, water bottle in hand then once through security it all goes in the bag!

I skip bag check by wearing my MagicBand and sunglasses, phone/lipstuff in pocket. Love the liberation to tour the parks just like that. MB for payment and key, perfect.

I SWEAR by my Lameeku phone case (purchased through amazon). Just purchased one for my new phone after having one on my 7+ for years.

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Leather-LAMEEKU-Shockproof-Protective/dp/B01LL9TABS

has a sleeve that holds 2-3 cards - so my ID and a credit card or two. (I now don't bring a purse into any stores when shopping, either!)

I second the idea of rolling up light string backpack and having everything else in your pockets at security to avoid the bag line if possible.

I SWEAR by my Lameeku phone case (purchased through amazon). Just purchased one for my new phone after having one on my 7+ for years.

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Leather-LAMEEKU-Shockproof-Protective/dp/B01LL9TABS

has a sleeve that holds 2-3 cards - so my ID and a credit card or two. (I now don't bring a purse into any stores when shopping, either!)

I second the idea of rolling up light string backpack and having everything else in your pockets at security to avoid the bag line if possible.
My whole family now have phone wallet cases :) Even my teens are hooked. Just got my DD an adorable one that comes with a little wristlet strap and a chain crossbody strap. It makes her phone look like a little black purse lol

This packable crossbody is something I have been eyeing. Can be folded into a tiny bundle to shove in a pocket and unfolded into a crossbody big enough to stash piles of stuff in. And yet lightweight to carry. The straps look wide enough to give decent support to prevent aching shoulders. Like a drawstring backpack, but much cuter :)
https://www.amazon.com/ChicoBag-Sidekick-Cross-Body-Reusable-Shopping/dp/B00CWTS2I4

Those bag check queues give me a sinking feeling, so being able to walk through would be amazing. I started to think about what I carry in my bag that's really necessary, and it's difficult to ditch some items:

Money - obvious one
Small hairbrush - vanity I know, but sometimes it's needed for photopass ops - maybe I could try a comb?
Painkillers - I don't go anywhere without them, just in case - maybe cut up into two-pill strips?
Sunscreen - even In December you need it most days - buy travel size?
Sunglasses - on my head most of the time except on some rides they need to go in my bag
Phone - too risky to not have a bag to put it in, have learned from experience unfortunately

I will check out all the suggestions on this thread, thanks everyone :)

I use something like this for money/cc: https://www.suddora.com/products/zi...nP-q5gIVDHiGCh1m8wPKEAQYASABEgJp1_D_BwE#green
But I also bought last year for the first time a skort at kohls that has pockets with zippers on each side. so I know my phone will fit and not fall out. It was very good for fl heat in august and for the zippered pockets and i did not have a bag for the first time. I put sample size sunscreen in the pocket, phone, tiny thing of meds. The only problem i have with needing a bag is if i want to carry light weight jackets for a.m. and then p.m. but during the day i don't need to wear it due to warm weather and don't return to the room. then i prefer a drawstring and everyone tosses their coats in there. But for that remedy I carry a foldable bag thru security without needing to open it because we are wearing our jackets that early a.m. for rd then i expand it as the day gets warmer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!