Don’t want to miss anything

luvsvacation

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I are coming to DLR at the end of July as part of her graduation trip. The plan is to but 3 day park hopper tickets. We have 2 full days at the park but the 3rd day is only partial as we will be seeing Taylor Swift that night at SoFi. We’ve done DLR a few years back and did all of the typical Disney stuff. At that time 2 1/2 days was enough to do everything (several things multiple times).

My daughter has been obsessed with Guardians of the Galaxy for the past year and chose DLR so we could ride the GOTG ride (we loved it as TOT) and because of the new Marvel land. She is very excited for the character meetings and all of the Marvel stuff. She has recently become obsessed with Star Wars also and is now talking about the Star Wars land and characters there and building a lightsaber and a droid.

I’m thinking of one day focusing on CA and Marvel but still wanting to do all the regular things at CA also. And one day focusing on DL and Star Wars but again riding all the classic rides as well. I’m planning to get Maxpass which I know can’t be used for the Star Wars/Marvel stuff but I’m thinking we can make reservations for space mtn./Radiator Springs Racers etc while we are doing the Starwars/Marvel stuff.

Do you think one day is sufficient at each park to focus on the new lands plus ride the classics? We are staying across the street and will walk so we plan to be there from before rope drop until close. The 3rd half day can be spent making up anything we miss...Thank you for any help

My daughter and I are coming to DLR at the end of July as part of her graduation trip. The plan is to but 3 day park hopper tickets. We have 2 full days at the park but the 3rd day is only partial as we will be seeing Taylor Swift that night at SoFi. We’ve done DLR a few years back and did all of the typical Disney stuff. At that time 2 1/2 days was enough to do everything (several things multiple times).

My daughter has been obsessed with Guardians of the Galaxy for the past year and chose DLR so we could ride the GOTG ride (we loved it as TOT) and because of the new Marvel land. She is very excited for the character meetings and all of the Marvel stuff. She has recently become obsessed with Star Wars also and is now talking about the Star Wars land and characters there and building a lightsaber and a droid.

I’m thinking of one day focusing on CA and Marvel but still wanting to do all the regular things at CA also. And one day focusing on DL and Star Wars but again riding all the classic rides as well. I’m planning to get Maxpass which I know can’t be used for the Star Wars/Marvel stuff but I’m thinking we can make reservations for space mtn./Radiator Springs Racers etc while we are doing the Starwars/Marvel stuff.

Do you think one day is sufficient at each park to focus on the new lands plus ride the classics? We are staying across the street and will walk so we plan to be there from before rope drop until close. The 3rd half day can be spent making up anything we miss...Thank you for any help
Based on my own touring plan (first time visitors here), I would spend one day at DCA, maybe not even a full day, and the other day and a half at DL. It's going to take us more than that to get through "everything", but we are with a young child and will lose a good chunk of time to a nap and early bedtime.

One thing I wanted to point out though is that the opening of the Marvel land hasn't been announced yet. To my knowledge, it is still "summer" 2020, but no guarantee that it will necessarily be open at a given time in July. Does anyone know any different?

One thing I wanted to point out though is that the opening of the Marvel land hasn't been announced yet. To my knowledge, it is still "summer" 2020, but no guarantee that it will necessarily be open at a given time in July. Does anyone know any different?

So far only ‘Summer 2020’ is what has been announced. Hopefully we hear more soon. If they follow the same pattern they did with SWGE it’d open in May. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: EmJ
It might help if you can get a list going for each park and rate rides/shows/character meets in order of "must do", "really really want to do", "do if we've got the time", and "meh, probably not worth the effort".

That should give you a good idea of where to focus your time. For example if I don't do PP and IASW then the trip is a bust, but I could not set foot in Adventureland and be fine. Not that I don't like that land (I love it) or don't like Jungle Cruise or Indiana Jones (I like both just fine). But *for me* they aren't the be-all-end-all of the trip. If I have limited time those rides don't make the cut, and Enchanted Tiki Room only makes the "do if we've got the time" list, if I had to cut it to make sure I experience "must do" then I could live with the mild disappointment because it means I got to do the stuff I valued more.

I second the thought on being careful planning this trip around Avengers Campus (Marvel Land). all they have announced is summer. We know a CM whose fiance is part of the construction team doing AC. He has joked that Disney misspelled "September" when they announced a "Summer" opening. If that makes sense. But the crew thinks it will be a fall opening unless they suddenly make a change in pace or reduce the SOW.

But please only take this with a grain of salt as its just another rumor from a couple guys on a job site.

Ahhhh, I’d be so sad if Avengers was delayed. I’d probably postpone my trip until it’s open so maybe I should hold off on those airline tickets...

I do think it’s weird we still haven’t heard anything. I felt like we got SWGE news earlier than this?

Ahhhh, I’d be so sad if Avengers was delayed. I’d probably postpone my trip until it’s open so maybe I should hold off on those airline tickets...

I do think it’s weird we still haven’t heard anything. I felt like we got SWGE news earlier than this?
In 2017, a lot of the announced “summer” stuff didn’t open until late July... I doubt they’ll announce for awhile, but it looks suuuuuper torn up in there. I am not assuming “summer” means Memorial Day for this one.

Thank you all for the replies...I will look at all of the attractions and make a list of must dos. I think I’m just feeling a bit overwhelmed this time trying to fit everything we’ve done in the past in plus the Star-wars and Avengers stuff! As for Avengers I am really hoping they open but if they don’t it’s not the end of the world. The Guardians ride will be open and they already have Starlord and Gamora characters. We have to go during the summer as my daughter will be starting college in the fall plus seeing Taylor Swift at SoFi is huge for her so the dates are set...we’ll hope they have the Avengers open in full by then, but if not it is what it is...

I've always followed @HydroGuy 's suggestion of having every person in your group pick THE #1 thing that they want to do on the trip. Then try to do ALL of those "#1 things" on your 1st day at the parks.

The reason you try to do all of the #1 things on day 1 is in case a ride breaks down, you still have an extra day to try again. Or if fireworks are somebody's "must do," and if the fireworks get cancelled then you have another night to try again.

I always tell my family that the philosophy is to go into the trip with the attitude of "if we can do everybody's #1 thing then everything else we do at Disneyland is like icing on the cake." We've learned that works pretty well overall and it lessens the odds of everybody being grumpy or frustrated or upset because they didn't get to do the 20 things on their "want to do" list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter