Donald Breakfast in AK?

barbnjmom

Mouseketeer
Any reviews on the character breakfast in the AK with Donald?

Specifically...

Is it open prior to AK?
How is the food?
Are the PS 120 days out? Tough to get?
What characters are there?

Thanks....

We went last May. I think the hours are 8-10ish. The foos was really good, they have a lot to choose from including made-to-order omlettes. The characters were Donald, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto. The only thing we noticed that we didn't like was that the characters seemed very rushed, I don't know if it's usually like that. But, we'd go back again! :D Hope this helps!

The first PS is for 8:10.We like doing this time on a non EE morning. We find the food good, characters good and service great. It's the only CM where Donald is assured of being there.

Jordnan's mom

I think they must occasionally tweak the hours as I've seen different hours mentioned at different times. We went in early February and they were 8:00-10:30. We found the food to be very good, hot and fresh and a nice selection. PS can be made 90 days in advance and isn't too hard to get. If you want a specific time though, I would call as close as possible to the 90 day mark. We felt the character interaction was not nearly as good as the other character meals we had, they seemed very rushed and took a long time to get to us. We finished our meal and had to just sit around and wait an exta 15 minutes or more. (Notice there is nothing on our table in the picture below! That is because we finished and the table was cleared long before Mickey ever got to us!) However, we would go back because it is the only place you are guaranteed Donald and becuase the food was quite good.

I called today and got a PS for 4/28 at 8am. So I guess it depends on when you are going. This is our first time eating there.

I will give a contrary view - this is the one meal and place I plan never to go back to again

We were there for 50 minutes:

1) No characters showed up for 40 minutes

2) Our waiter was horrible - did not come to ask for a drink order until 20 minutes into our time there - he did not ask during the time we spend there if we were ok - had to flag him down by literally standing up and almost blocking him to get some ketchup

3) I know we were there towards the end of breakfast but the buffet pickings were pretty slim especially in the fresh fruit area

4) The PS were all messed up - we showed up on time but had to wait 15 minutes for a table

Anyways the whole thing was just bad from start to finish. I am not normally picky and I do eat out on a regular basis so I feel that I know a bad service experience when I have been through one.

Will not go there again - have not seen anything else in WDW even 15% as bad as this place was

thanks
jaysue

I have ps for this character breakfast. I am really looking forward to it as I have never been there before. I dont mind if the characters dont stay long. I am quite shy, and when they stay too long the kids food get's cold:earseek:

I must agree with jaysue. We went to Donald's breakfast last June and will never go again.
The lines at the hot buffet were so long we did not go back a second time. We had to settle for the cold buffet. The table was too small with way too many things on it that it was very uncomfortable.
We have been to many character meals and this is the only one that we did not enjoy at all.

This was our favorite character meal during our trip last June and we're going back again this year. The selection was not quite as large as Crystal Palace, but the food was fresh, hot, and plentiful. The characters came around two or three times and were great, as was our server. Our drinks were never less than half full and he even made sure to fill them as we were leaving so we would have sodas for walking around the park. We had a late ps and felt like we had the place to ourselves. This time we are going to try the 8:00 slot and hope our experience is just as good.

We have an 8am ps right now for our trip in April. We usually do Chef Mickeys and see the characters lots so I hope this one will be just as good.

Oh, Donald's is a great breakfest. Food is awesome. Same as Chef Mickey's. Characters circulate often. It's a don't miss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter