Donalds Breakfastasaurus??

Chim Chiminy

stale marshmallows sting when they hit you
I made a 10am PS for Donalds on an AK Early Entry day.
My plan was to do as many attractions as we could, then hightail it over to Dinoland for the PS.
Has anyone ever done this?
Will the food be gross and cold and stale?
Will the servers be grumpy and tired?
Will the characters be ready to go hide somewhere in the back?
I guess what I am saying is that I am starting to question my plans.
Somebody help!!!

On both our trips we did this and I would do it again in a heart beat. The only problem I ever had was on the first trip they didn't refill the fruit toppings for the pancakes. The rest of the food was refilled when needed and was fresh. The character interaction has always been very good and our servers good and entertaining (sorry no details I won't spoil the fun for you)

We do early entry to ride the Safari and watch the animals first thing. We do what ever we can fit in before our 10am Ps at Donald's. We have always had good food choices and character interaction was great.

IMHO this is the best time to go on an EE day. We had an 8:10 on an EE day--I wasn't thinking when I made the PS. and it was so crowded at the front gate that we didn't even get to the restaurant until 9am. Everyone was backed up and the food lines took forever to get through. I didn't even get my food until almost 10am ( I refused to stand in a buffett line for 45 minutes when I could at least enjoy my cup of coffee!). It was painfully obvious to me that I should have made a 10 am PS on an EE day since the place cleared out and the characters were able to spend time with the kids. Lesson learned for me NON EE day at AK 8:10 PS, EE day 10AM!

Looks like I'm in the minority here. We had similar plans last June, 10:00 PS on an EE day. When we arrived to check in they were running 45 minutes behind. There was some seating confusion before we got settled at our table. The buffet was kept refilled for the most part, though there were a few things that appeared to have been left out too long. Our server wasn't grumpy, but she was a bit frazzled and rushed. We did see all the characters very quickly, but didn't experience any of the fun and games that were a big reason we were there in the first place.

We decided to give it another try this December, but with an early PS (8:10) on a non EE day. We had a much better experience. The food was fresher, and so was our server. :D We ended up with the same CM, and this visit she did have time for a few surprises.

Maybe they were just having an off day on our first visit, but our second was a much more enjoyable experience.

DH and I just loved this character meal...in fact, it was his favorite. He could not get enough food (3 plates total), and we really enjoyed the character interaction.

I talk a little about Donald's Breakfastosauras on my Day 3 trip report.

If you had a similar experience as us, you will not be disappointed. :cool:

Please correct me if I am wrong everyone; however, I think that the problem with a 8:00 or 8:10 PS on a non-ee day, is that the buses are not running yet.

Has anyone ever went this time and arrived on time with Disney transportation?

All of our experiences with this breakfast have been wonderful. We have gone everytime in our last three trips and do plan to do it again in December--cannot wait. We, though, always do the first seating so we are already in the park when it opens. Remember, when AK first opened, it did not have an EE day.

buses generally start running at last an hour before parks open. Also WDW provides a character meal bus, but I believe you must make sure your hotel notifies the bus dept that they need to stop at that resort.

sha-lyn:

Thanks so much for the information--I did not know that they run special character meal buses before the park opens. I did know that buses start running 45-minutes before park opening; however, not about the special buses.

This board is always so fulled with information.

Thanks again.

you are very welcome.

Someone did post a while back that they didn't think it was running anymore. However I got the idea that they just showed up at the bus stop and hoped for one ot come by in time. Try posting on the transportation board. I believe ChipnDaleExpress (I hope that is how he spells his user name) is a bus driver CM for WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter