DONALD'S PERSONAL THREAD

Wow thats great, did not know they had King beds in POFQ. Game changer for couples.
there aren't many but it's now a bookable category which is great for us because hubby is a bed hog so a holiday for me means a king sized bed! Also all of the king rooms are corner rooms so while it isn't actually any bigger it sure gives that impression.

yesterday was our first park day and it brought with it a huge challenge. Hubby has both arthritis and bursitis in both of his feet. He's been in real trouble with that since our spur of the moment trip 4 years ago when he chose to wear shoes he hadn't worn before. He's been doing well until late Tuesday evening when they started acting up again. He made it as far as the UK before he was forced to stop. We had lunch, fish and chips which btw are 100% safe for me, none of my "don't eat that" ingredients and then we realized he could go no further. I left him on a bench in the shade in Canada where Off Kilter used to play and set off in pursuit of a wheelchair to get him back to the bus. I was hoping to be able to see the fireworks and we were going to be using one of our "anytime extra, hope this makes you forget what went wrong" FP that we got due to being left in the lobby here with an entire luggage cart, full to the point I could barely push it and told to bring it back when we were done. We're in building 7, the very last room on the top floor btw, basically the furthest from the lobby, verrry looong way to go.

here's a couple of pictures from the little bit of time we were in epcot- I used the gift cards my mom gave us that she forgot she'd bought 😱🤪 if you're in a wheelchair and you're able to transfer you get to sit in the front of the frozen ride, get quite wet.... oh and you know I had to see if Donald was out!Screenshot_20200115-190652_Disney World.jpgScreenshot_20200115-190525_Disney World.jpgScreenshot_20200115-202738_Disney World.jpg

there aren't many but it's now a bookable category which is great for us because hubby is a bed hog so a holiday for me means a king sized bed! Also all of the king rooms are corner rooms so while it isn't actually any bigger it sure gives that impression.

yesterday was our first park day and it brought with it a huge challenge. Hubby has both arthritis and bursitis in both of his feet. He's been in real trouble with that since our spur of the moment trip 4 years ago when he chose to wear shoes he hadn't worn before. He's been doing well until late Tuesday evening when they started acting up again. He made it as far as the UK before he was forced to stop. We had lunch, fish and chips which btw are 100% safe for me, none of my "don't eat that" ingredients and then we realized he could go no further. I left him on a bench in the shade in Canada where Off Kilter used to play and set off in pursuit of a wheelchair to get him back to the bus. I was hoping to be able to see the fireworks and we were going to be using one of our "anytime extra, hope this makes you forget what went wrong" FP that we got due to being left in the lobby here with an entire luggage cart, full to the point I could barely push it and told to bring it back when we were done. We're in building 7, the very last room on the top floor btw, basically the furthest from the lobby, verrry looong way to go.

here's a couple of pictures from the little bit of time we were in epcot- I used the gift cards my mom gave us that she forgot she'd bought 😱🤪 if you're in a wheelchair and you're able to transfer you get to sit in the front of the frozen ride, get quite wet.... oh and you know I had to see if Donald was out!View attachment 465457View attachment 465454View attachment 465455

great pictures!!

would John ever use one of the powered scooters you see in the parks? i bet even driving to one land and walking around within the area would make a big difference.

My mom has arthritis in her feet and the only way she can do Disney is when we rent a scooter. It makes ALL the difference. It adds to the cost of the trip (especially with you having 2 more weeks) but, I'd highly recommend considering renting from Buena Vista Scooters. I don't think you'll be sorry!

It sounds like you are having fun, even though your hubby's feet started hurting so much. I hope you found a solution that helped today. I love your shirt :)

I look forward to the updates! We are staying at POP for 2 nights before our cruise (similar to your first resort), and then one night at POFQ after our cruise, so it feels like a preview to me, even though our stays will be completely different :)

So lovely to see pics and to have a face to the name . So sorry you guys had a painful day but hopefully he gets better or you come up with a solution that works well for him and you .
how’s the weather ? Beats here that’s for sure .. this this was pretty this am
But then I spent my afternoon here as froze my butt off even more

Attachments

• 541490B7-F26E-4DF7-B652-28328561ED2E.jpeg
    541490B7-F26E-4DF7-B652-28328561ED2E.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 8
There’s my second picture I was too too quick to post . Nothing like a little mid afternoon hockey on a snowy day .
Enjoy the sun for us still cold :)

Attachments

• EDFA3530-4A76-4689-B9B9-3380555D0B36.jpeg
    EDFA3530-4A76-4689-B9B9-3380555D0B36.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 4
Looks like you’re having a great time even though you’ve had a few hiccups. Looking forward to more updates getting me through the next 8 days of freezing temperatures 🥶

here's a couple of pictures from the little bit of time we were in epcot- I used the gift cards my mom gave us that she forgot she'd bought 😱🤪 if you're in a wheelchair and you're able to transfer you get to sit in the front of the frozen ride, get quite wet.... oh and you know I had to see if Donald was out!View attachment 465457View attachment 465454View attachment 465455
Donald was super cute in the Mexican costume! I have always wanted to meet Donald in Epcot with that costume. Hope John feels better soon!

After hobbling back to the room last night hubby agreed to do this:
I had to promise there will be NO pictures of him in it though ...

MK day after we had Blunch at Grand Floridian Cafe (Yup, they call it Blunch, same menu from 7:30 - 2) had to take my picture of the hidden Donald on the floor because, DUH it's Donald!
Made hubby wait in line for almost 30 minutes to see the Duck because .. DUH, it's Donald!! If you look really closely at my chest you'll see there's sumthin's not quite right with Mickey's face (on my HBC t-shirt btw that earned me some airmiles!) ... quick thinking on my part to slap a Donald sticker on the mouse's smile
And because there's never enough of the standard castle picture here's one of those as well :P

After hobbling back to the room last night hubby agreed to do this:
View attachment 465676
I had to promise there will be NO pictures of him in it though ...

MK day after we had Blunch at Grand Floridian Cafe (Yup, they call it Blunch, same menu from 7:30 - 2) had to take my picture of the hidden Donald on the floor because, DUH it's Donald!
View attachment 465677
Made hubby wait in line for almost 30 minutes to see the Duck because .. DUH, it's Donald!! If you look really closely at my chest you'll see there's sumthin's not quite right with Mickey's face (on my HBC t-shirt btw that earned me some airmiles!) ... quick thinking on my part to slap a Donald sticker on the mouse's smile
View attachment 465682
And because there's never enough of the standard castle picture here's one of those as well :P
View attachment 465683

so...do you think you could get a photo with donald every day you are in a park?? or maybe one photo per park? you’re off to a great start!!

it looks like you had another great day, and i hope that a bit of help from the scooter makes for more fun and less pain for the next few weeks!

Great pictures and it looks like another great day....okay....Jacqueline....I have to ask...where in MK is Donald meeting his fans?

I'm glad John gave in to the scooter. It will make the trip enjoyable for the two of you. I'm not certain why people are hesitant to get one if they really would benefit from using one.

-30 with the windchill here in Ottawa today. Enjoy your warmth and sunshine.

Last edited:
Great pictures and it looks like another great day....okay....Jacqueline....I have to ask...where in MK is Donald meeting his fans?
Tucked in the back of the new part of FantasyLand .. behind the Big Top Souvenir Store in Pete' Silly Sideshow. I often find it one of the BEST character interaction locations.

We had breakie with the chipmunks, farmer Mickey and hubby's top doggie.
Hubby got to have the massive cinnamon bun to himself along with a carafe of coffee while i got this yummy starter (ok,ok at least it's safe food!)
465908 465909
I didn't run into Donald today but did stumble across his main squeeze
Spent a couple of hours in EPCOT before i cried uncle ( Festival of the Arts started up today and those festivals bring out the crowds) and we headed back here to do some laundry and just chill in the room. Found the BEST photographer who took his time and did a ton of magic shots.

Sounds like another great day Jacqueline.....thanks for the info about where to meet Donald...we will be on the lookout for him in March!!!

current state of affairs ... only thing hubby requested was to eat at Olivia's. So we took the boat to the springs then transferred to another boat and came to old key west. I told him the reservation was an hour earlier than it actually is so he was able to be in his happy place before we eat and he gets coffee that makes him smile (the crud in the food court is only a vehicle to deliver caffeine)
20200118_115557.jpg20200118_123012.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!