Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

A new report - yay!

Love the pics of your mom's flowers and your childhood!

:welcome:

Thank you!

Glad to hear that Fran has adjusted to her meds and is doing better. Way to go on the weight loss!

Yes, she is doing better. She is doing a lot more around the house and it's a different sort of adjustment. She's trying to put stuff away and destroying my sense of order! :laughing:

Joining in.my parents were into bird watching when I was a teenager. That sort of fell away after a while, but I learned a lot because we used to go for hikes in the woods,and they'd here a bird and we'd have to stop and look for it. I would get annoyed so I got really good a bird spotting. I always called it bird spotting rather than bird watching because I had no interest in watching birds. I have forgotten a lot but still have more useless bird knowledge than I care about.

I'm glad that they got into it later in life. I had no interest in looking at birds. As it was we spent way too much time stopping in the parks to look at various random birds.

Anyways,looking forward to the TR. Looks like overall a decent day of travel with nothing too bad going wrong. We're your parents going to meet you there that night or the next day?

Other than arriving late and not getting breakfast or getting to potty on the plane, the rest of the travel day wasn't so bad. We didn't have problems with our connections or anything but it did end up being a VERY long day. My parents were joining us a little later and I will explain the entire thing in the next TR update since others probably don't remember when I talked about this in the last TR when it went down.

:wave: Joining in!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. So awesome that Fran has been feeling better. :thumbsup2 It's always great when you can finally get meds straightened out.

Your mom's flowers are really pretty, glad that you were able to get them to go with you. I love the F and G festival. :flower1:

Thanks. My mom did seem to enjoy the F&G aspect of WDW.

I was away from the DIS for a while, at least not on regularly because there was no hope of a trip anytime soon :sad2: and I was so busy with work (a lot of which was done from home). Well, now I have a different job that doesn't require any work from home (AND better pay...:cool1:) so I have been coming over a lot more lately. I also DO have a trip planned!!! In November, It's to Disneyland Paris, though, but it's still Disney and I can now get my fix, LOL. My Favorite band (a-ha - the ones that sing "Take on Me") are doing a European tour in November, well pretty much all of their tours are European, and I decided I wasn't going to wait until the future when they may or may not come across the pond to the US which they haven't done in years, and I bought tickets to the Paris show, thinking I could get both my Morten fix (He's the lead singer, :love: sooo gorgeous) and my Mickey fix in one trip!! :banana:

Good to hear things are going better for you. I had missed you on the DIS. Glad you have a better job. I know the last one was taxing.

I'm here! :woohoo: Going to read now.

Grumpy and Snow White; love it!!!!

Perfect costumes for us!

Great intro. Always look forward to your reports.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Gabby, Sunny, and I are going to F&W at DCA tomorrow night if you and Fran want to join us.

We got taxes to do. Maybe Sunday!

Super excited for another report!

Following along. I loved the bag of candy. I like it all except for the Charleston chews. I would think those extreme Hot Tamales are really cinnamonny.

You spurred me to go get the Hot Tamales and they weren't hot at all just like I remembered as kid!

Last edited:
Not like you broke Ruby, she's just more into vacations that involve nature and natural things. You'll see that she didn't ride a ton of rides.

<phew> Otherwise it'd be the last visit.

She has even won prizes when she is not judging.

I'm not a bit surprised.

She would have let him win, but he had no chance. She's got skilz.

:laughing:

I don't remember the dresses so much, and I don't think I liked being twinsies with Elinor, we weren't very close as kids and still aren't. However, I can tell you all about the kitties. I was holding my first cat, Fresca, I definitely loved that cat. My Mom was holding Goldstein whom was her cat and was perhaps older than me. I think she got Goldstein and Leibowitz before I was born, but the latter died before I was born. The one my Dad is holding is named Blackie, and in this day and age it horrifies me that he was named as such. Just one of those things that we didn't even think about back then. I'm sure we didn't mean it in the context that the name would be judged today.

Heh. Our DDs named all our cars. We had Bluie and... Whitie... and then Blackie.
They're mortified now. I think that's hilarious.

I still have THAT piano in my living room!

Nice! :)

Oh yeah, she plays the parts, she also has an Eeyore costume.

Perfect!

I still wasn't happy.

But you caught the flight (and lived!)

That was actually our own scooter that I ended up having to push.

OH!!! So... a rental would've been better! :lmao:

That's unfortunate. I was kind of thinking that reassurance from someone in the airline industry would have been helpful. One of my other friends was quite doom and gloom.

Was that other friend an expert in the field?

Certainly not! I'm not a big fan of sandwiches, so when I'm going to have one, it needs quality materials. I bought Boar's Head products at the Deli to make these sandwiches.

::yes::

Ohhh yesssss a new report!! pixiedust::worship::thanks:

z19FG0312MTF04.jpg

Cat love started early I see!

As did your love to play music!

We did the same pair for the Halloween party we went to in 2015 I think it was!

Oh JLP :love::love:

In the past few months Fran has been feeling worlds better.

So happy she is continuing to feel better :D

I reached down to bend it back and the thing snapped off with half the key in the hole. Crap.

Crap!! The scooter strikes again!

I love having PreChek

We've scored it when we've travelled when toddler was a baby- sooo nice!

“What is the bad plane?”

posted it on FB, and this was probably one of my most ever commented upon posts! It got pretty hilarious, as long as we didn’t die, which we didn’t.

Very entertaining indeed! So glad you survived the bad planes!

Mallo Cup- a marshmellow cup?? :lovestruc

Looking forward to following your trip with the parents again, enjoyed Alaska :)

<phew> Otherwise it'd be the last visit.

Well no, cause Fran and I would still go.

Heh. Our DDs named all our cars. We had Bluie and... Whitie... and then Blackie.
They're mortified now. I think that's hilarious.

How old were they then?

But you caught the flight (and lived!)

Yes, we did.

OH!!! So... a rental would've been better! :lmao:

Well no, rentals still suck. We didn't know that her scooter had internal engine problems until it was way too late! :rotfl2:

Was that other friend an expert in the field?

Not even in the slightest.

Ohhh yesssss a new report!! pixiedust::worship::thanks:

Cat love started early I see!

Yup and grew exponentially!

As did your love to play music!

But I was in college by the time that photo was taken.

We did the same pair for the Halloween party we went to in 2015 I think it was!

Great minds....

:love::love:

So happy she is continuing to feel better :D

It has been an interesting adjustment.

Crap!! The scooter strikes again!

Well this time it wasn't nearly so bad.

We've scored it when we've travelled when toddler was a baby- sooo nice!

We registered for it a few years back. One of the best things we ever did!

Very entertaining indeed! So glad you survived the bad planes!

Me too!

Mallo Cup- a marshmellow cup?? :lovestruc

You know, I don't know cause she ate almost all the candy. Even the ones I picked out for me. Luckily she can't eat the Hot Tamales, so I get those all to myself.

Looking forward to following your trip with the parents again, enjoyed Alaska :)

Next installment should be coming up shortly!

Well no, cause Fran and I would still go.

Well, there's that.

How old were they then?

Hmmm... probably between 2-8?

Well no, rentals still suck. We didn't know that her scooter had internal engine problems until it was way too late! :rotfl2:

:laughing:

Not even in the slightest.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Actually at work today, we were talking about that.
"If WestJet (Canadian carrier) offered you a trip to anywhere they fly, but it's on a B737 Max... would you take it?"
Without hesitation, we were all "Yes!"

When I left off we were traveling on the DME bus to our “resort for the next two nights”, Old Key West. But I'm gonna back up a little bit here. I probably mentioned this on my last TR back in September when I booked the airfare, but I'll just repeat it here again because I'm sure most of you don't keep track of my travel plans. Originally the trip was only supposed to be a week long from March 14-21. But when SW revealed their airfare for our time period our flights were gonna be $800pp. Since we buy three seats that would have been $2400 total which was a little too rich for us. This is where the fuzzy Disney math comes in. Last year we started paying our DVC monthly instead of one lump sum in January, so I now refer to it as “my subscription to Disney”. And because we have quite a few points I feel that my subscription allows me to stay at Disney anytime there is availability.

So with airfare costing that much, I started to look at alternate days. Staying longer didnt help the cost of airfare, but flying in two days early made a substantial difference. $200 per ticket or a total of $600! Since my lodging at Disney is paid for by my subscription I checked to see where there was availability, nothing at the Beach Club, but lo and behold the resort with my favorite tub had two nights in a one bedroom HA unit! Score! So that's how we ended up coming in two days earlier than my parents. They booked the day flights were released, but since I was getting off a cruise ship and flying home, we ended up waiting a few days and if there were any low fares for our original dates they were all gone.

While we're speaking of flights, you'll hear about the saga of our next trips flights during this TR, but I'll save you the suspense. We didnt have to do any fuzzy Disney math and got the dates we wanted. This time it was $1700 for three seats, which isn't great, but it was better than the cost of this trip!

I was a little worried because I hadn't received the text that our room was ready, and when we got to the front desk I learned why. There was a problem with our room. Of course there was!

Turns out we were assigned to a room on the second floor of a building where the elevator was under refurb. That makes it a little tough on our scooters!

After a brief wait they found a solution. We were upgraded to a two bedroom unit on the ground floor! If nothing else just having the two bathrooms worked out to be a bonus. Room situation solved we headed over to Olivia's for dinner.

z19FG0312OTR09.jpg

z19FG0312OTR10.jpg

It’s kind of a cute restaurant but I think I would get really tired of listening to Jimmy Buffet songs if I was an employee here. By breakfast I already was sick of Margaritavilla and Cheeseburger in Paradise, and I actually like those songs!

z19FG0312OTR11.jpg

z19FG0312OTR12.jpg

z19FG0312OTR13.jpg

This one overlooked our dinner.

z19FG0312OTR14.jpg

We were given a basket of the coconut bread rolls to start. I’m glad our server warned me before I tried to put one of these nasty rolls in my mouth!

z19FG0312OTR15.jpg

Fran got a bowl of their Chicken Pot Pie soup. Unfortunately it came with the nasty coconut bread on top.

z19FG0312OTR16.jpg

We ended up with the shrimp pasta, it was filled with veggies and lots of shrimp. There was zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, and spinach in a creamy pesto sauce.

z19FG0312OTR17.jpg

We got the Banana Bread pudding with Bananas Foster sauce and vanilla ice cream. It was good, but not quite O'hana good.

z19FG0312OTR18.jpg

We closed the place down, bought a beverage in the Goods to Go store and went back to the room.

Our luggage hadn't arrived from DME, but I thought that at least I could get our Owner's Locker. I had some bath salts in there and at least I could take a bath. It was about 10:45 when I called Bell Services, they said the luggage was in transit but they had the owner's locker. I took some pictures of the room. Here is the entry hall.

z19FG0312OTR19.jpg

Common living space

z19FG0312OTR20.jpg

z19FG0312OTR21.jpg

This is the second bedroom.

z19FG0312OTR22.jpg

And bathroom.

z19FG0312OTR23.jpg

z19FG0312OTR24.jpg

The hallway to the Master bedroom.

z19FG0312OTR25.jpg

Oh wait the laundry room is right off the hallway.

z19FG0312OTR26.jpg

Master bedroom.

z19FG0312OTR27.jpg

z19FG0312OTR28.jpg

And the entire reason that I love staying at this resort (besides the huge living area). The Jacuzzi tub!

z19FG0312OTR29.jpg

z19FG0312OTR30.jpg

The rest of the bathroom.

z19FG0312OTR31.jpg

z19FG0312OTR32.jpg

And our patio, which never actually was put to use.

z19FG0312OTR33.jpg

And while we’re at it, here’s what’s left of my key to the scooter.

z19FG0312OTR34.jpg

An hour later I called to see where the OL was, the luggage had arrived, but there was only one guy working and he was backed up. What kind of Cracker jack operation are they running here?

It was 1AM before we finally got our luggage, they brought everything all at once. I couldn't go to bed without the OL, because my special pillow was inside, plus I really wanted to take a bath! I mean who wouldn't want to use that tub!

It was after 2AM before we got to sleep, but at least it was only 11ish to our bodies, and we often stay up that late at home.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings!

I’m with you on Nasty Coconut Bread! I’ll take coconut flavoring in a pina colada but that’s about it.

Looks like a Decent easy meal at Olivia’s.

Nice upgrade! That was a nice solution for your problem.

I wonder if someone called out to leave that poor luggage guy all alone! They should be able to tell the amount of flights/Magical express/arrivals they have coming and plan better!

but lo and behold the resort with my favorite tub had two nights in a one bedroom HA unit!

I remember this! Score!

We were upgraded to a two bedroom unit on the ground floor! I

Score again! How handy!

We were given a basket of the coconut bread rolls to start. I’m glad our server warned me before I tried to put one of these nasty rolls in my mouth!

z19FG0312OTR15.jpg

Yuck..not up my alley at all

creamy pesto sauce.

Mmmm I love pesto

Looking good Fran!

Loads of space hey!

I think I hear angels singing! :lovestruc:love:

It was after 2AM before we got to sleep, but at least it was only 11ish to our bodies, and we often stay up that late at home.

A Jacuzzi soak would be perfect after travelling all day, I'd be staying up for that too!

L-O-V-E Old Key West!!! But what a hassle with the room. Thank god you got what you needed in the end.

Since we don't use DME we never had problems with waiting for luggage, but that looks like a pain. At least you had not gotten used to the time change yet.

And we quite like Olivia's - breakfast especially. How funny, I never noticed the music in there. :rotfl: Might be that I am used to "locking it out". I used to work in a famous Austrian hotel and there was a musical written about it. They had the music on 24/7 and after a while we never even "heard" it. :rotfl2:

Whew - I can't imagine being two people in a 2-bedroom unit. That must've been pretty nice! We've never even been in a 2-BD. I would've called some friends over if I had had that upgrade. Bummer though that it took so long to get your luggage.

I've heard good things about Olivia's, but a constant loop of Jimmy Buffet would get old fast. I always think that employees must learn to just tune those things out. Think of those poor employees that work at the Sci-Fi that must have that 45 minute movie loop burned into their brain. :eek:

Following along. I'm looking forward to hearing your mom's opinion on the Flower & Garden displays. Woohoo on the upgrade to the two bedroom!

Your mother's flowers are gorgeous. Sounds awesome to be able to take a trip like this with your parents. :)

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Actually at work today, we were talking about that.
"If WestJet (Canadian carrier) offered you a trip to anywhere they fly, but it's on a B737 Max... would you take it?"
Without hesitation, we were all "Yes!"

I can understand that. I wasn't necessarily afraid since more of those planes have flown safely then not. However the comments by that one guy made me second guess myself.

I’m with you on Nasty Coconut Bread! I’ll take coconut flavoring in a pina colada but that’s about it.

I wonder since so many people don't like it, why they serve it so many places.

Looks like a Decent easy meal at Olivia’s.

It was very good. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there, but it was nice for a quick bite before going back to the room.

Nice upgrade! That was a nice solution for your problem.

I was pleased with it!

I wonder if someone called out to leave that poor luggage guy all alone! They should be able to tell the amount of flights/Magical express/arrivals they have coming and plan better!

I dont think so. I told him that I knew it wasn't his fault, but it was ridiculous to have only one person on staff. He replied, "I know. One person for 750 rooms." So he had clearly thought about this before.

remember this! Score!

I'd love to stay here for a little longer than one or two nights.

Score again! How handy!

It definitely was!

Yuck..not up my alley at all

Another nay for the coconut!

Mmmm I love pesto

This was really good, I enjoyed the creamy part.

Looking good Fran!

:thumbsup2

Loads of space hey!

I dont think we ever went in that room except to get to the bathroom. :laughing:

I think I hear angels singing! :lovestruc

:laughing: :thumbsup2

A Jacuzzi soak would be perfect after travelling all day, I'd be staying up for that too!

Especially in that tub. There are like five different directions that you can lie in!

Last year we started paying our DVC monthly instead of one lump sum in January, so I now refer to it as “my subscription to Disney”.

Makes sense. :)
Do you prefer paying it that way?

So with airfare costing that much, I started to look at alternate days. Staying longer didnt help the cost of airfare, but flying in two days early made a substantial difference. $200 per ticket or a total of $600!

I remember that. :)

a one bedroom HA unit!

HA stands for... ? Something Accessible, I presume?

I was a little worried because I hadn't received the text that our room was ready, and when we got to the front desk I learned why. There was a problem with our room. Of course there was!

:sad2:

Turns out we were assigned to a room on the second floor of a building where the elevator was under refurb. That makes it a little tough on our scooters!

But going down would be easy! And quick!

We were upgraded to a two bedroom unit on the ground floor! If nothing else just having the two bathrooms worked out to be a bonus.

Nice!!!

There's a lot on that menu that looks good! I'd love to try the Conch chowder. Never seen that anywhere.

It’s kind of a cute restaurant but I think I would get really tired of listening to Jimmy Buffet songs if I was an employee here.

I can see that. I'm not a fan, but... just how many hits does he have?

By breakfast I already was sick of Margaritavilla and Cheeseburger in Paradise, and I actually like those songs!

Wow. Until right now, when I read that... I didn't even know "Cheeseburger in Paradise" was a song. I gave it a quick listen and... nope. Never heard it.

We were given a basket of the coconut bread rolls to start

gross

I’m glad our server warned me before I tried to put one of these nasty rolls in my mouth!

No kidding! That is immoral and should be illegal.

Fran got a bowl of their Chicken Pot Pie soup. Unfortunately it came with the nasty coconut bread on top.

Ruined.

We got the Banana Bread pudding with Bananas Foster sauce and vanilla ice cream. It was good, but not quite O'hana good.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll hold out for the real deal.

Common living space

Big room!

This is the second bedroom.

That's the size of most hotel rooms I stay in!

And the entire reason that I love staying at this resort (besides the huge living area). The Jacuzzi tub!

That looks wonderful! I'd be in there every night... probably in the morning too.

And our patio, which never actually was put to use.

Why? Too cold? Too hot?

And while we’re at it, here’s what’s left of my key to the scooter.

Yep. 'dat's broke a'rright.

plus I really wanted to take a bath! I mean who wouldn't want to use that tub!

I can understand that. I wasn't necessarily afraid since more of those planes have flown safely then not. However the comments by that one guy made me second guess myself.

Next time call me or text me.

L-O-V-E Old Key West!!! But what a hassle with the room. Thank god you got what you needed in the end.

It was nice having soooooo much space! Even if it was only for two days. I really want to stay there for longer and hang out in the room with friends!

Since we don't use DME we never had problems with waiting for luggage, but that looks like a pain. At least you had not gotten used to the time change yet.

Evidently it's the late flights that are the problem. Next time I'll plan accordingly, and pack some bath salts. We're also planning on having dinner at the airport next time. That way we are all ready for sleep when we get to the room. Plus we are the BCV, so hopefully more staff.

And we quite like Olivia's - breakfast especially.

Next update..... :rolleyes1

How funny, I never noticed the music in there. :rotfl: Might be that I am used to "locking it out". I used to work in a famous Austrian hotel and there was a musical written about it. They had the music on 24/7 and after a while we never even "heard" it.

It's also probably that I was a music major. I am VERY keyed in on music and it can annoy me when it's just noise and not actually music. Sometimes I wish that I could tune it out. Other times, I just end up with my own choices playing in my head over and over and over again.

Whew - I can't imagine being two people in a 2-bedroom unit. That must've been pretty nice! We've never even been in a 2-BD.

And at OKW the rooms are substantially larger than any other resort. It was a little eerie with the empty bedroom next door. However for whatever reason Fran and I seem to be in sync with our late night biobreaks, so the second bathroom was a nice touch. We have five bathrooms at our house, so having only one in a regular room is sort of a let down. :laughing:

I would've called some friends over if I had had that upgrade.

I did text Pam and her Mom, but she has to have a two night minimum to board her pups, and she also had to work on our checkout day, so it didn't work out.

Bummer though that it took so long to get your luggage.

I know. At least the times before it had come in by 11PM with a similar arrival time at the airport.

I've heard good things about Olivia's, but a constant loop of Jimmy Buffet would get old fast.

There were other tunes, but his were the only ones that I recognized and stood out. There definitely was repetition when we were there the next morning.

I always think that employees must learn to just tune those things out. Think of those poor employees that work at the Sci-Fi that must have that 45 minute movie loop burned into their brain. :eek:

Yeah, I always pity the Valets at the VGC, the same music has been playing there for 20 years now. I probably wouldn't have noticed it so much I weren't a flute player in a previous life, but I can totally hum almost all the tunes that play on that constant loop.

Following along. I'm looking forward to hearing your mom's opinion on the Flower & Garden displays. Woohoo on the upgrade to the two bedroom!

I'm not sure I ever got my Mom's opinion on the F&G displays. :laughing: She doesn't comment much, however she did take pictures of all the topiaries so that says something.

I am here!! Page 2 but never too late! Glad to read about the trip I missed but it looks like you all had a grand time!

Your mother's flowers are gorgeous. Sounds awesome to be able to take a trip like this with your parents. :)

It was a very nice time spent with the folks.

Makes sense. :)
Do you prefer paying it that way?

Yes and no. It's nice not paying everything in one lump sum at the beginning of the year when so many other bills also come due. However, paying monthly it has to be taken directly from your bank account.

In the past we would use a credit card to purchase Disney gift cards at a discount, thus getting miles, and a discount. Then we would use the Disney gift cards to pay the dues. A little convoluted but Fran loves to work the system.

I remember that. :)

Good. You get an A for the day!

HA stands for... ? Something Accessible, I presume?

Handicapped Accessible. I'm sure they have a more politically correct way to phrase it, but Fran calls herself a "crip" meaning short for cripple.

But going down would be easy! And quick!

Oh sure! And possibly deadly!

There's a lot on that menu that looks good! I'd love to try the Conch chowder. Never seen that anywhere.

I would have liked to try that too, but I didnt want to order two soups. As it was I knew we were going to have too much food.

I can see that. I'm not a fan, but... just how many hits does he have?

I have no idea, but I know I heard a lot of his songs on the radio growing up.

Wow. Until right now, when I read that... I didn't even know "Cheeseburger in Paradise" was a song. I gave it a quick listen and... nope. Never heard it.

Wow! I'm amazed that you have been able to get through so much of life without having heard of him. Perhaps it's not a Canadian thing. Most of his songs are about the beach, the sun or other such things that are probably not in abundance up there. I don't think there is one song about snow at all! :laughing:

No kidding! That is immoral and should be illegal.

I would vote for that!

Pretty much.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll hold out for the real deal.

I don't see you making your way to Olivia's anytime soon either! :laughing:

Big room!

OKW was the first DVC and as a result they went all out. The subsequent models are not as big.

That's the size of most hotel rooms I stay in!

Well of course, we weren't staying in that room, so you could have had it had you been able to get there in time!

That looks wonderful! I'd be in there every night... probably in the morning too.

I pretty much was!

Why? Too cold? Too hot?

Just not enough time. That room was not somewhere we did a lot of "living". I enjoyed the tub to my fullest capability, but we hardly even put anything in the fridge other than a couple waters and diet dews. I'd actually like to stay there sometime for an extended period when lots of friends are going to be around and have a party. We were going to do that last summer but Fran shut that down with John Williams.

Yep. 'dat's broke a'rright.

The other half is still in the ignition.

Next time call me or text me.

I didn't think one could text Internationally and calling mid air is sort of frowned upon. Besides I wouldn't want to intrude....

Yes and no. It's nice not paying everything in one lump sum at the beginning of the year when so many other bills also come due. However, paying monthly it has to be taken directly from your bank account.

In the past we would use a credit card to purchase Disney gift cards at a discount, thus getting miles, and a discount. Then we would use the Disney gift cards to pay the dues. A little convoluted but Fran loves to work the system.

I totally get that. :)

Good. You get an A for the day!

Yuss!!!!

Handicapped Accessible. I'm sure they have a more politically correct way to phrase it, but Fran calls herself a "crip" meaning short for cripple.

So it should be CA, then.

Oh sure! And possibly deadly!

Oh, that's just trifling details. You can ignore those.

I have no idea, but I know I heard a lot of his songs on the radio growing up.

Not me!

Wow! I'm amazed that you have been able to get through so much of life without having heard of him. Perhaps it's not a Canadian thing. Most of his songs are about the beach, the sun or other such things that are probably not in abundance up there. I don't think there is one song about snow at all! :laughing:

I have heard Margaritaville... a lot... but that's it.

I don't see you making your way to Olivia's anytime soon either! :laughing:

True. At least not for 34 days.

OKW was the first DVC and as a result they went all out. The subsequent models are not as big.

Ah

Well of course, we weren't staying in that room, so you could have had it had you been able to get there in time!

Somehow don't think Fran would appreciate that very much. ;)

I pretty much was!

Good!

Just not enough time. That room was not somewhere we did a lot of "living". I enjoyed the tub to my fullest capability, but we hardly even put anything in the fridge other than a couple waters and diet dews. I'd actually like to stay there sometime for an extended period when lots of friends are going to be around and have a party. We were going to do that last summer but Fran shut that down with John Williams.

That place would certainly be big enough!!

The other half is still in the ignition.

Can't take it out? Or don't want to?

I didn't think one could text Internationally and calling mid air is sort of frowned upon. Besides I wouldn't want to intrude....

I guess it depends on your plan. My plan gave me unlimited texts in Canada... and to the States. But not while I'm in the States. Then I buy an add-on for $20 for unlimited texting for a month.

In the past few months Fran has been feeling worlds better. If you read my last TR, you’ll know that she was feeling icky all week on the cruise. Since then we have figured out her new meds, and she is eating more appropriately for the reaction. As a result, she had dropped a ton of weight. The week before we left, we took almost 60 pairs of pants and shorts to the thrift store because they are 2 or 3 sizes too big.

So with feeling better she is doing more physical stuff, and when we got to the airport she jumped into action and lowered the scooter off the lift while I got the suitcases out of the passenger doors of the SUV. Then she opened up the back and we sprung into action, I put the back of my scooter on the ground. In an Herculean effort, she picked up the bigger part of the scooter. “Please let me get that.” I said, but she insisted. When I went to put the two parts together I noticed that the key (I keep it in the ignition so it doesn’t get lost) was bent. I reached down to bend it back and the thing snapped off with half the key in the hole. Crap.
I'm happy she's feel better! I'm sure that makes your Disney trips much much more enjoyable! But it's too bad about the key... I may have done that the first weekend I moved into my first apartment! And we couldn't even get the bit of key out, so they had to replace the whole locking mechanism!

Some of you may have seen this play out on FB, but while the other passengers were boarding, Fran turns to me and says, “What is the bad plane?” She shows me this card.

z19FG0312OTR02.jpg

I posted it on FB, and this was probably one of my most ever commented upon posts! It got pretty hilarious, as long as we didn’t die, which we didn’t.
Oh boy! Yeah, not fun!

An hour later I called to see where the OL was, the luggage had arrived, but there was only one guy working and he was backed up. What kind of Cracker jack operation are they running here?

It was 1AM before we finally got our luggage, they brought everything all at once. I couldn't go to bed without the OL, because my special pillow was inside, plus I really wanted to take a bath! I mean who wouldn't want to use that tub!
Argh, so annoying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!