Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

I'm finally here! Sorry it took me so long!

My Dad really enjoyed the last trip because I remember him asking if we would be going back while they still lived in their old house (my childhood street address). I’m not sure my Mom enjoyed it so much as her answer to my Dad’s question was cynical enough to lead Fran and myself to believe that that we shouldn’t take them back anytime soon.

:scared: That's, uh...not good.

So we figured that perhaps traveling during the Flower & Garden Festival might be the thing to entice her. In fact her FB employment is “Iris Grower at home.” Here’s some of her posts from FB.

Beautiful flowers! I've always liked irises.

OK, so here’s some of the things I’ve dug up out of the archives. Embarrassing childhood photos.

:woohoo:

One thing that haunts all Music Majors is the start of semester auditions for placement in ensembles, so you can see why I didn’t stop practicing even on a 4WD Camping trip to Canyonlands, Utah, back when I was in school.

:rotfl2: I guess you had your priorities!

z19FG0312MTF07.jpg

:rotfl: I don't know what I expected to see in this TR, but...that wasn't it.

I finally got Fran to give me all her clothes that she wanted to take well in advance of the trip.

:eek: :faint:

In my last TR this summed up things pretty well, because right off the bat it happened again. We had a failure to communicate.

z19FG0312FTC01.gif

I know the feeling.

When Fran and I go places, we always run late, so we build in buffer time. I had said, “Let’s target leaving at 5:30AM, that way when we run late, we’ll be OK.” I don’t know if she didn’t hear me say the word “leaving” or she thinks I’m a lot faster than I really am, cause she woke me up at 5:20AM.

:sad2:

Since then we have figured out her new meds, and she is eating more appropriately for the reaction. As a result, she had dropped a ton of weight. The week before we left, we took almost 60 pairs of pants and shorts to the thrift store because they are 2 or 3 sizes too big.

That's all great news!

I posted it on FB, and this was probably one of my most ever commented upon posts! It got pretty hilarious, as long as we didn’t die, which we didn’t.

Thank goodness. I'm sure it was a bit uncomfortable.

The trip was so turbulent that the Captain never turned off the Fasten Seatbelts sign, even the flight attendants had to remain in their seats for most of the flight.

:scared: Was it turbulence or anti-stall software?

With only 31 of those planes in the fleet, I'm not sure how we got them for both legs. Just lucky I guess!

So...yay?

On our way to the DME we got sidetracked by this little retro candy shop. Fran passed it totally and I commented that I couldn't believe we didn't get sucked in by the candy store, and she’s like, “What?”

So we turned around, and we ended up with a whole stash of goodies.

:rotfl2: That's what you get for saying something.

It’s kind of a cute restaurant but I think I would get really tired of listening to Jimmy Buffet songs if I was an employee here. By breakfast I already was sick of Margaritavilla and Cheeseburger in Paradise, and I actually like those songs!

I wouldn't mind trying it. I've heard good things.

What kind of Cracker jack operation are they running here?

:sad2:

I love seeing your photos of yesteryear. Hopefully you will post Fran's photos once you find them.

We missed you just by a tad. We were in FL the first week of March for a cruise out of PC. I think this has happened a couple of times now whereby you and Fran are there the week before or after us. :(

Smiles,
Kate

I love OKW but I hate the new colors, the sitting room rug makes me want to barf! Where are the "Old Key West" colors? And I need a comforter on the bed, heck, even Hampton Inn gives you a comforter. I will still stay there though just for the tub.

:)
Kate

Holy cow that's a late delivery and bedtime! I'll bet you were wiped! But yeah, gots to use the tub!! It's a gorgeous thing of relaxation beauty.

Dinner looked yummy. I'd not ever seen photos of the interior of Olivia's.... very Keys themed for sure. I do wonder if we'll ever make it out there.

I am here!! Page 2 but never too late! Glad to read about the trip I missed but it looks like you all had a grand time!

:welcome:

And now it sounds like you will be having an even grander time!

I have heard Margaritaville... a lot... but that's it.

And now I'm singing that song in my head. :laughing:

True. At least not for 34 days.

But will you actually go to Olivia's? I suspect not.

Somehow don't think Fran would appreciate that very much. ;)

As long as you didn't prance around in that thing you've been mentioning, I don't think she'd mind. :laughing:

Can't take it out? Or don't want to?

Afraid to. We called the shop, they said bring it in, but we've been a little busy since we got back. Besides we needed it these last two days. Going back home and to real life this morning.

I guess it depends on your plan. My plan gave me unlimited texts in Canada... and to the States. But not while I'm in the States. Then I buy an add-on for $20 for unlimited texting for a month.

I use WhatsApp with my International compatriots. I mean it's not like, I myself am dealing with National security issues. :laughing:

I'm happy she's feel better! I'm sure that makes your Disney trips much much more enjoyable! But it's too bad about the key... I may have done that the first weekend I moved into my first apartment! And we couldn't even get the bit of key out, so they had to replace the whole locking mechanism!

At that point it was probably cheaper just to put in a new lockset!

Argh, so annoying!

You'd think they could be a little more timely on the luggage delivery!

And now I'm singing that song in my head. :laughing:

Whoops! Sorry!

But will you actually go to Olivia's? I suspect not.

One never knows. :)

As long as you didn't prance around in that thing you've been mentioning, I don't think she'd mind. :laughing:

:laughing:

Afraid to. We called the shop, they said bring it in, but we've been a little busy since we got back. Besides we needed it these last two days. Going back home and to real life this morning.

Ah. Yeah, I can see that.

I use WhatsApp with my International compatriots. I mean it's not like, I myself am dealing with National security issues. :laughing:

Ah! Well, that would work too. :)

Took me ages to make my way here and you are already asleep at WDW by the time I get my first comment in... Loved the walk down memory lane with the old pictures!

I like Olivia's, it seems so relaxed everytime I am there. But I get your point about the music. However, the coconut bread sounds amazing!!

I used to work in a famous Austrian hotel and there was a musical written about it.

Was it at the Wolfgangssee?

However the comments by that one guy made me second guess myself.

He sometimes can be quite a drama queen - if you are talking about who I think you are! :rotfl2:I am just happy to got to WDW safely.

You still beat me... :rolleyes1

:welcome: Just glad you made it! Stuff happens, life gets in the way. TRs will always be there, unless photobucket bail on us again.

:scared: That's, uh...not good.

Yeah, well my Mom has never been a huge fan of Disney, she puts up with it for me and now Fran.

Beautiful flowers! I've always liked irises.

They're pretty, but my mom is basically obsessed with them.

:rotfl2: I guess you had your priorities!

Practicing was right up there with eating and sleeping, at least back then!

:rotfl: I don't know what I expected to see in this TR, but...that wasn't it.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

That's all great news!

Yeah, now we just need to buy her a whole new wardrobe!

Thank goodness. I'm sure it was a bit uncomfortable.

Well you have to figure that of all those planes that had been flying around only two actually had fatal problems, so the odds were in our favor.

:scared: Was it turbulence or anti-stall software?

Good one!

So...yay?

I guess. :confused3

:rotfl2: That's what you get for saying something.

Well, I was a little disappointed that we didnt stop. Unfortunately the only things I really got to eat from that bag were the Hot Tamales cause they're too spicy for her to eat. Otherwise she ate the rest of it in the middle of the night when I was asleep. :sad2:

I wouldn't mind trying it. I've heard good things.

It's not bad, but I don't think I'd go out of my way if I wasn't staying there.

I love seeing your photos of yesteryear. Hopefully you will post Fran's photos once you find them.

I'm not sure I'll ever find some of the stuff we lost in the move. There are boxes that may never be opened again.

We missed you just by a tad. We were in FL the first week of March for a cruise out of PC. I think this has happened a couple of times now whereby you and Fran are there the week before or after us. :(

Yes this seems to happen a lot

I love OKW but I hate the new colors, the sitting room rug makes me want to barf! Where are the "Old Key West" colors? And I need a comforter on the bed, heck, even Hampton Inn gives you a comforter. I will still stay there though just for the tub.

:)
Kate

Huh. I didnt even notice the colors, I was just in awe of the size of the room.

Hi Following along!

Holy cow that's a late delivery and bedtime! I'll bet you were wiped! But yeah, gots to use the tub!! It's a gorgeous thing of relaxation beauty.

I was lucky we were still on West Coast time so it only felt like 11PM and not 2AM like I was trying to adjust to.

Dinner looked yummy. I'd not ever seen photos of the interior of Olivia's.... very Keys themed for sure. I do wonder if we'll ever make it out there.

You would know Keys themed, I've never been there before. It's certainly a decent restaurant, but not someplace I'd go out of my way to dine at.

So glad Fran is feeling better.

Thank you, it is nice she feels better than before. She still has her moments. ;)

Love love love OKW! Score on the 2 bedroom...too bad Pam and JJ couldn't take advantage! Love Olivia's and I would have eaten ALL that coconut bread and washed it down with a Turtle Krawl! LOL

Jill in CO

One never knows. :)

You and your secretivity....

Ah. Yeah, I can see that.

Well, now I'm home until October, unless we plan an impromptu trip to visit my folks this summer.

Ah! Well, that would work too. :)

And I have special ringtones for all my different friends so I know by sound who is communicating with me.

Took me ages to make my way here and you are already asleep at WDW by the time I get my first comment in... Loved the walk down memory lane with the old pictures!

Don't worry, this TR isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Its moving fairly slowly. I'm having a hard time finding time to get here except on my phone...

I like Olivia's, it seems so relaxed everytime I am there. But I get your point about the music. However, the coconut bread sounds amazing!!

You are the first person who has had a positive opinion about the coconut bread! :laughing:

He sometimes can be quite a drama queen - if you are talking about who I think you are! :rotfl2:I am just happy to got to WDW safely.

You know exactly who I am talking about! :lmao: And I realize he can be a drama queen, but his comments about asking to be moved to a different flight, made me really think, because I was reluctant to alter my plans even in the face of possible death! :rotfl2:

You still beat me... :rolleyes1

It's only a competition for page one! After that it's all good! :goodvibes

Love love love OKW! Score on the 2 bedroom...too bad Pam and JJ couldn't take advantage! Love Olivia's and I would have eaten ALL that coconut bread and washed it down with a Turtle Krawl! LOL

You can have all the coconut bread! I'm guessing a Turtle Krawl is full of coconut like the Konk Kooler.

You can have all the coconut bread! I'm guessing a Turtle Krawl is full of coconut like the Konk Kooler.

Nope! Just filled with lots and lots of beautiful rum!

1/2 oz Castillo rum
1/2 oz Bacardi Silver rum
1/2 oz Malibu rum
1/2 oz Myers dark rum
Splash Grenadine
Splash Key lime juice
Equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice

Shake to mix in an ice filled 12oz cup.

Nope! Just filled with lots and lots of beautiful rum!

1/2 oz Castillo rum
1/2 oz Bacardi Silver rum
1/2 oz Malibu rum
1/2 oz Myers dark rum
Splash Grenadine
Splash Key lime juice
Equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice

Shake to mix in an ice filled 12oz cup.

According to Google....

Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. Malibu is a coconut flavored liqueur, made with Caribbean rum, and possessing an alcohol content by volume of 21.0 % (42 proof).

You and your secretivity....

Shhhh… don't tell anyone!

Well, now I'm home until October, unless we plan an impromptu trip to visit my folks this summer.

But you do have a trip planned. Two according to your tickers. :)

And I have special ringtones for all my different friends so I know by sound who is communicating with me.

I had that for family vs others on the house phone, but after MIL, passed... Had to change it as every time the phone rang from my folks, DW thought it was her mom. Not good.

Hi Alison. It has been ages since I read one of your TR's and it is nice to read your latest one.

Nice intro and your mom flowers look very nice. That is great news to read that Fran is doing better.

Olivia's looks like a nice place to eat where you are staying at OKW. Even though your room wasn't ready on your arrival, you got a nice upgrade.

Shhhh… don't tell anyone

You do know this is a public forum! :laughing:

But you do have a trip planned. Two according to your tickers. :)

As I said, we're not going anywhere until October, which if you do the countdown on my next ticker, takes you to October.....

I had that for family vs others on the house phone, but after MIL, passed... Had to change it as every time the phone rang from my folks, DW thought it was her mom. Not good.

I can see that. Which is why each person gets a unique ring. Except Jenny & Jill, they have the same ring tone.

Hi Alison. It has been ages since I read one of your TR's and it is nice to read your latest one.

Nice to see you back on the boards.

Nice intro and your mom flowers look very nice. That is great news to read that Fran is doing better.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Olivia's looks like a nice place to eat where you are staying at OKW. Even though your room wasn't ready on your arrival, you got a nice upgrade

We had a very nice dinner at Olivia's and the room upgrade was certainly a welcome surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!