Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

z19FG0313EP35.jpg

Good looking group! :)

Never seen that PP photo style. Kinda likin' it. :)

You must've kicked butt at Tetris.

JJ was a little cramped.

Just a little! :laughing: Poor thing!

Jill and Jenny were complaining that I hadn't been texting them pictures, so we snapped this selfie of the three of us and sent it to them.

:goodvibes

When I came back to the room, Fran had MSNBC on the TV and the breaking news was that the US had finally caught up with the rest of the world and grounded the 737 MAX8 planes.

What did you think when you saw that?

Fran was in the gift shop when I got the text and it had only been about 10 minutes.

Quick!

They have a bizarre policy that even if they don't have enough seats, they can have 51 people in the bar so they'll let you in so you can stand and lurk.

I guess... they assume people will like to stand at the bar? Not much room there, though.

We got a Nautilus that we shared. You can see the server coming with the drink.

In full regalia.

Must get one of those.

One of my favorites, the Chicken in Lettuce Cups.

Looks yummy.

And the Pan Fried Dumplings.

Love dumplings. Or pot stickers.

I love that the little umbrella is all messed up and windblown!

:laughing: I was wondering when I saw it. "What is that supposed to be?"
I like that!!

Great shot of you guys! :goodvibes

we got an order of Kalua Pork Tacos

Also sounds yummy.

We finished off with a Rum Flight.

Nope!

While we were there my Mom sent me a text that their plane was not in fact a 737 MAX8, so their flight would not be grounded.

Imagine everyone was relieved. For different reasons.

She got hers with coconut rum.

Ew!!! Definitely NOPE!

Mine was a float.

You is smart. ::yes::

Pam and JJ are so much fun and you guys got some great pics! Trader Sams looked great! You guys had a lot of drinks! (I'm impressed!)

Jill in CO

I went out to the living room to turn down the thermostat, and to my surprise there was a golf course out our windows! And there were people playing on it! I quickly stepped back into the bedroom and grabbed a towel!

:eek: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My first car was a monster truck that won two out of the internal challenges but the final screen was down so I never saw if it won the overall.

We'll just assume you won. That's what I would do.

However, I was so tired from building the truck, I fell asleep during the ride.

Gotta pace yourself with these things.

This car was so fast and exhilarating that I scared myself to death!

Well, that car must be a lot more fun!

This flower display will never get old.

Pam got the Roasted Cauliflower

Why?

(our pictures didn't come out)

That seems to be a common problem on SE.

That's some next-level Tetris right there.

They have a bizarre policy that even if they don't have enough seats, they can have 51 people in the bar so they'll let you in so you can stand and lurk.

Which is totally cool and not creepy at all.

Mine was a float.

Good call there.

Nice one! Great smiles all around!

Fran had stuff shipped from Walmart to the hotel, and we stopped to pick it up at Bell Services. The Bell guy didn't think we could fit it, but JJ proved them wrong.

z19FG0313TS02.jpg

Hehe! go JJ go!
Jill and Jenny were complaining that I hadn't been texting them pictures, so we snapped this selfie of the three of us and sent it to them.

lol, and I just complained for food pics lol

When I came back to the room, Fran had MSNBC on the TV and the breaking news was that the US had finally caught up with the rest of the world and grounded the 737 MAX8 planes.

Canada stayed in there till the end with the US :magnify:o_O
So we lurked by a table that Fran noticed was signing their check and they gave us their table when they left.

I like Fran even more now! I'm a lurker too.

I love that the little umbrella is all messed up and windblown!

I like that too! :P

yumm! I love tacos!

After we paid our bill and picked up our mugs, we topped the evening off with Dole whips

I'm a straight up Dole whip person, where as D is a juice fan too, although I wouldn't turn down Fran's choice
I'm not sure if this particular experience set a precedent for this trip, I'll let you decide.

Sounds like a heck of a good start to me! :D

[QUOTE="pkondz, post: 60509578, member: 142037]You must've kicked butt at Tetris.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing!

It is. https://www.golfwdw.com/courses/disneys-lake-buena-vista-golf-course I believe it is one of few resorts at WDW that the resort is right next to the golf course. I haven't played golf in ages but I have played at all four courses (Magnolia, Palm, Lake Buena Vista and Oak Trail.

I never paid much attention since I've never golfed.

Can't believe you were able to fit the two scooters in the back and got more stuff on that trip.

I was actually going to walk back to the villa from the Bell Desk, but JJ insisted on carrying the box in her lap.

Always enjoy your pictures at Trader's Sams pictures from the DLR or WDW. Nice to see that you got the Nautilus drink. The Nautilus cup you got me a few years ago is still one of my favorite souvenir cups.

We now have all three generations of Nautilus cup, but I haven't been able to compare them because we have no more room on our Tiki Mug shelf so no Tiki mugs have come out of their boxes in the last year.

That is good news that your parents were not on a Boeing 737 Max 8 going there.

Very relieving.

Good looking group! :)

Thanks! And fun too!

Never seen that PP photo style. Kinda likin' it. :)

That one is my favorite, why I saved it for last.

You must've kicked butt at Tetris.

As a matter of fact I did! :teeth:

Just a little! :laughing: Poor thing!

Hey I offered to walk back to the villa from Bell Services and let the box ride on the seat, but she grabbed the box and said, "Get in!"

What did you think when you saw that?

Finally! I mean even if the planes really weren't that dangerous, the entire rest of the world had grounded them. Why were we not following suit? Keeping America Stupid again.

I guess... they assume people will like to stand at the bar? Not much room there, though.

At least its twice as big as the one at the DLH, but yeah, I guess they expect you to stand at the bar or table in the middle.

In full regalia.

::yes:: I love the way they do up the drink delivery. There's just not enough room at the one at home to do those shenanigans.

Must get one of those.

How much you willing to pay? I may have one designed for a certain auction site. :laughing:

Looks yummy.

Very yummy! I wish it was still on the menu at our local one.

Love dumplings. Or pot stickers.

Me too! I found an awesome place near home that makes them by hand. My local Chinese place switched to packaged frozen ones. The awesome one is right near the vet....where we are right now. Hmmmm....if the wait is 3 hours like they say, maybe we'll be bringing home dinner. :scratchin

:laughing: I was wondering when I saw it. "What is that supposed to be?"
I like that!!

I didn't notice at first, but I was trying to write down all the names of the drinks for my TR in my phone and noticed that the description that the umbrella is weather blown. :laughing:

Great shot of you guys! :goodvibes

Thanks! It took a couple tries.

Also sounds yummy.

They were OK. The lettuce cups are my fave.

I think every drink we had was rum based. :rotfl2:

Imagine everyone was relieved. For different reasons.

I didn't realize that when they grounded the planes, that all those flights would get canceled. And then the passengers would end up scrambling. Somehow I figured they had extra planes sitting around. :laughing:

Ew!!! Definitely NOPE!

That's what I said as well!

You is smart. ::yes::

Thanks! I is edumacated!

What great group pics!

What a fun way to do dinner!

Trader Sam's is a favorite for us for apps for dinner. You'll see it come up a few times in the bonus features on my other TR.

Pam and JJ are so much fun and you guys got some great pics! Trader Sams looked great! You guys had a lot of drinks! (I'm impressed!)

You've been out for drinks with us before! You know this isn't our first rodeo!

We'll just assume you won. That's what I would do.

Good plan. I like it!

Gotta pace yourself with these things.

I know!

Well, that car must be a lot more fun!

It was!

This flower display will never get old.

It's so pretty!

:rotfl2: Yes I know this is a difficult concept for you to grasp, but Pam is a Gluten free vegetarian. She has to eat stuff like that. :lmao: Or should I say she likes to eat stuff like that.

That seems to be a common problem on SE.

I remember that happened to you too.

That's some next-level Tetris right there.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Which is totally cool and not creepy at all.

OMG! I totally laughed at this one! So funny! :laughter:

Good call there.

Best of both worlds.

Nice one! Great smiles all around!

We were having a great day!

Hehe! go JJ go!

She's a trooper!

lol, and I just complained for food pics lol

Those were easy cause I was already taking those.

Canada stayed in there till the end with the US :magnify:o_O

Yeah, we know what our problem was. What was yours?

I like Fran even more now! I'm a lurker too.

We will totally get a table at TS in November!

I like that too! :P

They do good show!

yumm! I love tacos!

They were good but not my favorite.

I'm a straight up Dole whip person, where as D is a juice fan too, although I wouldn't turn down Fran's choice

I would have taken regular rum, but coconut :crazy2:

Sounds like a heck of a good start to me! :D

Thanks!

I thought the same thing!

And thanks again!

Day 3

When I woke up the day before, we had thought that Southwest opened up their flights for our October trip, but instead there was a note on their website that it would be March 14, instead. So when I found myself awake at 5:30AM I thought, “Cool, I can make our flight reservations.” So at 6AM I kept hitting refresh, only to see the little note on the website had changed and now they weren’t releasing those seats until March 18. Oh well, time to take another tub! For the rest of the trip I wouldn’t have a jacuzzi tub. Darned Beach Club, why did they replace the jacuzzi tubs with soaker tubs? I guess they know that their location is primo and they don’t need to have as many other amenities as the other resorts.

After getting out of the tub I relaxed until about 8AM when Fran said we needed to get up and going. She had googled scooter repair the previous night and since we had a car we were going to see it they could fix my key situation. Turns out the one place that said scooter repair had closed their business five years ago and now only rented scooters, but couldn't figure out how to get that ghost of an internet page to go away. So I was stuck with my situation. Hopefully I'd be able to make it work until I got home, and then the place near us would be able to fix it when we got back.

We packed up all our stuff for Bell Services and were actually on the road with our scooters loaded up by 10:20. Pretty good for a three hour forward time change and us in general!

First stop was the car care center to get Fran added as an additional driver on the rental car. Next on the agenda was food. This wasn't a day for leisurely fine dining, this was “Get ‘er done” day, so we ended up driving through McD's where I could get an iced coffee and a Sausage McMuffin to scarf down.

z19FG0314OC01.jpg

Fran got a double cheeseburger

z19FG0314OC02.jpg

Next stop the Disney Outlet on Vineland. The really didn't have much that interested me, at least in my size, but Fran found a T-shirt, a hat, and a reusable bag. Next we were off to Costco, only because we like to check out Costcos in strange places. We didn't find anything earth shattering, but she did get some strawberry filled croissants and a bottle of my mom's favorite white wine and a red for my dad, based on an educated guess. I did text him before buying it, but he didn't get back to me until after we had left the store. I chose wisely.

Then we went to Home Depot to get a medium box. We knew that we needed to ship the Nautilus home as there would barely be room in the suitcase for all the souvenirs, so we picked up a Medium Heavy Duty box, some packing tape and a couple other things before heading to the second Disney outlet.

A couple weeks before we spent the weekend out at the Grand Californian with Jill and Jenny. It rained (or should I say misted? But that's a story for another TR) all weekend so during the times that we were outside, we were kind of hustling to get from here to there so as not to get too wet. I didn’t bother to bring my scooter since it would be raining all weekend. I don’t know if it was the hustling, the amount of walking or what, but by the time those two ladies both left and Fran and I were doing our last minute shopping and eating, my shin splints were KILLING me. When I got home, I iced my shins and put my feet up for the rest of the day. I literally hobbled into the chiropractor Monday morning, she treated my shins and had me come back Wednesday (I graduated to once a week last summer). So that I wouldn’t have a problem on this trip. She also suggested that I get some better “park touring shoes” as well.

Well at the second batch of outlets, I happened to spy a New Balance store and they “happened” to be having a “buy two get one free” sale. Fran is always more than happy to buy me new shoes, because I’ve always been the kind to buy a crappy pair of shoes at the cheapest place possible. Fran has been changing that over the last few years and was happy when I found three pair of shoes. Including these puppies, they are my favorite of the three pairs.

z19FG0314OC03.jpg

Then we went to the Disney outlet, I found a shirt that I had been looking at when we were at the last outlet, but they only had Large and smaller, this one they had an XL and for $10 I took a chance.

Fran wanted to hit one more store, some kind of gaming and card store, but it was 7 minutes the other direction according to the GPS and it was already 4PM. I knew rush hour was imminent and we still needed to stop for baggies and a small amount of back up water.

While we were out shopping Fran got an email that the DVD had been delivered, so we made a note to stop and pick it up.

We started to head back to Disney via International Drive and were looking for a Publix, but after we saw the third Walgreens I suggested we just go there. I got what we needed, but we were both hungry and dinner was hours away. We had talked about picking up Fried chicken at the deli at Publix and when I finally saw the Publix we pulled into the parking lot. However, I was distracted by Freddy's. I'd never heard of this place, but they had burgers and such, as well as a drive through, so I figured we couldn't go too astray.

Fran got another double cheeseburger. I ate some of the meat that was hanging over the side of the bun and it was very tasty beef! She enjoyed it!

z19FG0314OC06.jpg

I got chili cheese fries. These were really good but a huge portion.

z19FG0314OC04.jpg

and we split some onion rings. Also excellent!

z19FG0314OC05.jpg

Soon we were passing under this again. Third time in three days...

z19FG0314OC07.jpg

Then it was back to OKW to see if they had our DVD, but no dice, they had no record of receiving it, even though Fran got the email it was delivered.

So we went to the BCV, checked in and had the car emptied out by the bellman. Well, everything but my scooter. I took Fran to the room. It is the same one as every other time we have stayed there. And then I went to the Dolphin to return the car.

I got the scooter out of the back and assembled it. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to get out of the hotel! This would not be the last time. But I finally made my way back to the BCV. It was such a maze trying to figure out how to get out of the Dolphin so I could take the path back to the Beach Club.

But I finally prevailed and made it back to the room!

Next up the parents arrive!

That one is my favorite, why I saved it for last.

I can see why!

As a matter of fact I did! :teeth:

:laughing: Knew it!

Hey I offered to walk back to the villa from Bell Services and let the box ride on the seat, but she grabbed the box and said, "Get in!"

I'm not at all surprised. :)

Finally! I mean even if the planes really weren't that dangerous, the entire rest of the world had grounded them. Why were we not following suit? Keeping America Stupid again.

:rolleyes1

::yes:: I love the way they do up the drink delivery. There's just not enough room at the one at home to do those shenanigans.

Okay... so... <phew>
Confession. I looked at that and thought "Why don't I remember this?"

How much you willing to pay? I may have one designed for a certain auction site. :laughing:

Probably not as much as you're likely to get... and shipping it here would probably double that.

Me too! I found an awesome place near home that makes them by hand. My local Chinese place switched to packaged frozen ones. The awesome one is right near the vet....where we are right now. Hmmmm....if the wait is 3 hours like they say, maybe we'll be bringing home dinner. :scratchin

Hmm... vet.
One of the cats sick again??

I think every drink we had was rum based. :rotfl2:

:sad2:

I didn't realize that when they grounded the planes, that all those flights would get canceled. And then the passengers would end up scrambling. Somehow I figured they had extra planes sitting around. :laughing:

Oh, yeah. The president of the airline has a bunch in a closet.

Darned Beach Club, why did they replace the jacuzzi tubs with soaker tubs? I guess they know that their location is primo and they don’t need to have as many other amenities as the other resorts.

Hmm... you think that's it?
Are the soaker tubs deeper than the jacuzzis?

But whether they are or not, certainly less maintenance on a tub than a jacuzzi, I'm sure.

After getting out of the tub I relaxed until about 8AM when Fran said we needed to get up and going.

Wait... Fran said that???

Turns out the one place that said scooter repair had closed their business five years ago and now only rented scooters, but couldn't figure out how to get that ghost of an internet page to go away.

:sad2: That sounds more like... either false advertising or laziness.

a Sausage McMuffin to scarf down.

I prefer those to any other McMuffin.

Next we were off to Costco, only because we like to check out Costcos in strange places.

I have yet to do that... and I'd like to. US Costco's are very different than CDN ones.

but she did get some strawberry filled croissants and a bottle of my mom's favorite white wine and a red for my dad,

Case in point. Never seen the former and will never see that latter. No booze at the Costco's here.

I did text him before buying it, but he didn't get back to me until after we had left the store. I chose wisely.

Good!

Then we went to Home Depot to get a medium box. We knew that we needed to ship the Nautilus home as there would barely be room in the suitcase for all the souvenirs, so we picked up a Medium Heavy Duty box, some packing tape and a couple other things before heading to the second Disney outlet.

So I'm curious. What did you pack it in? Newspaper?

my shin splints were KILLING me.

:( Sorry to hear that

I literally hobbled into the chiropractor Monday morning

That surprised me. I didn't think that would be something a chiropractor would do. Huh!

I happened to spy a New Balance store and they “happened” to be having a “buy two get one free” sale.

Meh. Who needs three shoes?
I may have three knees, but I only have two feet.

Okay... so... I really like those!

a small amount of back up water.

For the scooter? Your reverse system is hydraulic?

:duck:

Looks pretty good!

Decadent!

They look good too!

I had a heck of a time figuring out how to get out of the hotel! This would not be the last time. But I finally made my way back to the BCV. It was such a maze trying to figure out how to get out of the Dolphin so I could take the path back to the Beach Club.

Huh. Surprised that it was such a maze. But you made it out eventually. :)

I like your new shoes. They make New Balance shoes in the town that I was raised in. We have many Freddy's around here and I love their custard.

Last edited:
Freddy’s is the BEST!!!! I have one by my house. Love the new kicks,

Still laughing at the mist!

Jill in CO

Ah, Freddys is one of our favorites in Orlando. The burgers are very tasty and the frozen custard is delicious!

Looks like a very productive day! I hope your New Balance shoes helped you with the park touring. They look like fun shoes in pink!

Okay... so... <phew>
Confession. I looked at that and thought "Why don't I remember this?"

And actually at DL it's Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar, so the theme is sort of voodoo magic with a South Pacific Flair. At WDW it is Trader Sam's Grog Grotto with a Nautical theme, so there isn't even a Nautilus at our version. That's why she is so obsessed with getting them for her collection.

Probably not as much as you're likely to get... and shipping it here would probably double that.

True.....

Hmm... vet.
One of the cats sick again??

Yes, unfortunately. We noticed a bloody spot on O'Malley's head and thought that he pissed off one of the other cats and got swatted in the head. But it turned out that he had some kind of infection that caused him to scab up all over his back and neck and these wounds near his eye actually opened up and became bloody. They shaved his face, cleaned up his wounds and gave him an antibiotic shot, so hopefully he will be all better. He seems to feel fine, and is not behaving out of the ordinary.

Oh, yeah. The president of the airline has a bunch in a closet.

See! That's what I was thinking!

Hmm... you think that's it?
Are the soaker tubs deeper than the jacuzzis?

Not the jacuzzi tub that they replaced there, it was lovely.

But whether they are or not, certainly less maintenance on a tub than a jacuzzi, I'm sure.

Yes I'm sure the maintenance was a big factor in replacing them.

Wait... Fran said that???

I know! Right? :confused3

:sad2: That sounds more like... either false advertising or laziness.

Or just stupidity.

I prefer those to any other McMuffin.

Sometimes I like the egg white delight, and I've even been able to convince the local McDs to make me the sausage version with egg whites, so now I don't have to perform surgery on my sandwich when I'm feeling eggish.

I have yet to do that... and I'd like to. US Costco's are very different than CDN ones.

Sounds like we need to try one out.

Case in point. Never seen the former and will never see that latter. No booze at the Costco's here.

They have great booze at Costco. They even have their own brands of Tequila, Vodka, I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones we've tried. Oh yeah and their wines. Pretty good quality.

So I'm curious. What did you pack it in? Newspaper?

Mainly T-shirts, Disney sacks that the souvenirs came in. TP rolls, stuff like that.

That surprised me. I didn't think that would be something a chiropractor would do. Huh!

Actually my Chiropractor (as do many others) work on the whole body. They kind of view it like one big working part, and if any of it isn't right, something else could go wrong. Right now my chief complaints are the shoulder (on the side where I got hit in a car 30+ years ago), and my elbow. They had been working on my knees before, but those got better. For the most part, her minions come in and massage the areas where you have pain, and then she comes in and does adjustments and uses funny tools on you. I could have kept telling them that my knees hurt so they would keep massaging them, but I'm unfortunately honest.

Meh. Who needs three shoes?
I may have three knees, but I only have two feet.

It's a spare in case you lose one! Then you can still wear the set.

Okay... so... I really like those!

Me too. And they match a lot of my outfits.

For the scooter? Your reverse system is hydraulic?

:duck:

Silly, for me! My reverse system is hydraulic. (not really)

Looks pretty good!

Decadent!

They look good too!

Evidently Freddy's is quite a legit fast food place. Lots of people here seem to approve of our choice!

Huh. Surprised that it was such a maze. But you made it out eventually. :)

I attribute it to the fact that it is not a Disney property so their signage is subpar. We will have this experience again in the trip.

And actually at DL it's Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar, so the theme is sort of voodoo magic with a South Pacific Flair. At WDW it is Trader Sam's Grog Grotto with a Nautical theme, so there isn't even a Nautilus at our version. That's why she is so obsessed with getting them for her collection.

Oh! I had no idea.
I am almost 100% sure I won't get there this trip (my dance card is full), but... maybe on some future trip. :)

Yes, unfortunately. We noticed a bloody spot on O'Malley's head and thought that he pissed off one of the other cats and got swatted in the head. But it turned out that he had some kind of infection that caused him to scab up all over his back and neck and these wounds near his eye actually opened up and became bloody. They shaved his face, cleaned up his wounds and gave him an antibiotic shot, so hopefully he will be all better. He seems to feel fine, and is not behaving out of the ordinary.

Poor kitty. Hopefully the worst is behind him.

Not the jacuzzi tub that they replaced there, it was lovely.

Yes I'm sure the maintenance was a big factor in replacing them.

I figure, so.

I know! Right? :confused3

:laughing:

Or just stupidity.

Ah yes. The most likely reason.

Sometimes I like the egg white delight, and I've even been able to convince the local McDs to make me the sausage version with egg whites, so now I don't have to perform surgery on my sandwich when I'm feeling eggish.

Is it a taste thing or a health thing?

Sounds like we need to try one out.

You'd be very disappointed.

They have great booze at Costco. They even have their own brands of Tequila, Vodka, I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones we've tried. Oh yeah and their wines. Pretty good quality.

Really! Had no idea.

Mainly T-shirts, Disney sacks that the souvenirs came in. TP rolls, stuff like that.

Ah.

Actually my Chiropractor (as do many others) work on the whole body. They kind of view it like one big working part, and if any of it isn't right, something else could go wrong. Right now my chief complaints are the shoulder (on the side where I got hit in a car 30+ years ago), and my elbow. They had been working on my knees before, but those got better. For the most part, her minions come in and massage the areas where you have pain, and then she comes in and does adjustments and uses funny tools on you. I could have kept telling them that my knees hurt so they would keep massaging them, but I'm unfortunately honest.

Huh. Another thing I had no idea about. I just assumed it was cracking bones and that's it.

It's a spare in case you lose one! Then you can still wear the set.

Statistically, which are you most likely to lose?
I'm betting the right. Because most people are right handed, which translates to kicking with the right foot. so... the right shoe flies off and you lose it. So the spare is for the right foot.
Or do you get to specify?

I'm thinking about this waaaaaayyy too much. :laughing:

Me too. And they match a lot of my outfits.

:thumbsup2

Silly, for me! My reverse system is hydraulic. (not really)

:lmao:

I attribute it to the fact that it is not a Disney property so their signage is subpar. We will have this experience again in the trip.

I was thinking that.

I like your new shoes. They make New Balance shoes in the town that I was raised in. We have many Freddy's around here and I love their custard.

When I saw custard on the menu, I knew I was going to be missing out on a treat, but we really needed something savory to rise hs over until dinner which wasn't until 9:30 that night.

Freddy’s is the BEST!!!! I have one by my house. Love the new kicks,

Still laughing at the mist!

Good to know Freddy's is a good choice, we don't have them here. I don't wear them much, but glad to have better park shoes .

The mist! :laughing: That's for another post!

Ah, Freddys is one of our favorites in Orlando. The burgers are very tasty and the frozen custard is delicious!

Looks like a very productive day! I hope your New Balance shoes helped you with the park touring. They look like fun shoes in pink!

I'm glad to hear Freddy's is a good Fast Food alternative. We liked it!

You'll be surprised as to how much the new shoes work out!

Hi! I'm just going to jump in right here... I'm glad you and Fran survived your flight on the death trap. The Food and Garden pictures are making me crave some fresh corn on the cob... But I agree with Fran, they can hold the garlic and just give me butter.

My grandson's loved the tub at OKW. They looked forward to going back to the room and take a bath. I was concerned the 20 month old was going to be afraid when the jets came on, but no he is fearless!!

After getting out of the tub I relaxed until about 8AM
2 hours in the tub first thing sounds pretty spot on to me.
Next we were off to Costco, only because we like to check out Costcos in strange places
Love visiting Costco when we travel, we love checking out the booze line up- some the Kirkland Sig alcohols are great and a bargain!
We also love checking out the food court options- we had some awesome stuff in the costco in Hawaii
Generally cheap gas for rental cars too
Fran wanted to hit one more store, some kind of gaming and card store
Sounds like D- there is always a gaming/card store he wants to check out

nom nom! (minus the onion for me)

Sausage is my fav too, I'd like an egg white version too, sometimes I want the egg, sometimes I dont..

Have you tried the Kirkland champagne? We did once, and I think it wasn't bad!

Oh! I had no idea.
I am almost 100% sure I won't get there this trip (my dance card is full), but... maybe on some future trip. :)

Life goals. :goodvibes

Poor kitty. Hopefully the worst is behind him.

Not yet, we had to take him back yesterday and get him a cone. He was tearing up the wound even worse. He hates it but we are giving him extra treats, hand fed, and he's sleeping. A LOT.

Is it a taste thing or a health thing?

I don't like solid yolks. Runny yolks are fine, so my eggs need to be scrambled or over easy. Otherwise I take the yolk out.

Huh. Another thing I had no idea about. I just assumed it was cracking bones and that's it.

Actually my Chiropractor doesn't crack bones at all. There are all kinds of techniques and schools of chiropractic and I've had three different philosophies, and this one seems to be the most efficient.

Statistically, which are you most likely to lose?
I'm betting the right. Because most people are right handed, which translates to kicking with the right foot. so... the right shoe flies off and you lose it. So the spare is for the right foot.
Or do you get to specify?

I'm thinking about this waaaaaayyy too much. :laughing:

Actually I'm working with the Civil war reenactor's philosophy of shoes (which I'm assuming you wouldn't know about as Canada didn't have a Civil War, as far as I know, not a Canadian History buff.) Which is shoes are just shoes. You put one one each foot, and if you put the same one on the same foot each day it will eventually form to fit that foot. In camp soldiers would pile their shoes up at night and when dressing in the morning would grab some shoes and put them on, which is where the saying, " If the shoe fits, wear it." came from.

Hi! I'm just going to jump in right here...

:welcome:

You've made great progress catching up around here!

I'm glad you and Fran survived your flight on the death trap

Me too! :teeth:

The Food and Garden pictures are making me crave some fresh corn on the cob... But I agree with Fran, they can hold the garlic and just give me butter.

I think I like just butter better as well, but I didn't want to waste it! Now I want corn for dinner!

My grandson's loved the tub at OKW. They looked forward to going back to the room and take a bath. I was concerned the 20 month old was going to be afraid when the jets came on, but no he is fearless!!

I can see why they would look forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts