Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

You guys look great! If I was trying to make rope drop I would still be in my curlers, except I don't wear curlers, but you know what I mean.

He looks like he is a hoot to work with.

Disneyland is on my list, when I lived in Washington, we spent summers going up and down the coast (my boyfriend was a deadhead) and stopped by Disneyland a time or two but since then.... It is time for a visit, maybe we will make it in 2020 after I retire from full time employment.

Last edited:
And in the end we failed.

Uh oh, I already don't like where this is going...

Fran let me book it on ahead. I went as fast as I could but by the time I got to Toy Story Land the wait for SDD was 95 minutes. Not happening. Even TSMM had a 55 minute wait already.

Yeah... it instanstaneously goes from 'Okay, we're done running!" to "Holy crap, I''m not standing in that 1 1/2 long line in the sun!"

z19FG0316HS06.jpg

Pretty sure the kids and I will hit this up for the first time in Sept.

LOL! No mistaking sponsorship in these parts!

I think it'll probably make me sick too, but I still want to try it to say I have.

You are right! I noticed this little patch as well when I came out of the bathrooms and thought the same thing. VERY well done space landscaping-wise.

It is ZERO mistake that the Girls' side has "Cooties" and the Boys' side has Tinkertoys. At all. And my immature Jr. High School side finds it uproarously hilarious.

Now that I’m older I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, which means that if I move my head suddenly in any direction I can get dizzy and disoriented.

Sucks getting older! Common and bites.

I think he must be part photog, part Streetmosphere, no?

Unfortunately so did a lot of other people, so we went with our back up which was the ABC Comissary. When we got there, we couldn't find a table inside so I gave up and snagged one ot the last outside tables.

UGH!! Afternoon, just when you're DYING for some AC!

I told him, “I hit the choice, ‘I'm here now prepare my food.’ It's pretty much already made all they have to do is put it on a tray.”

In the end, they called my name just as we walked up to the counter so I was vindicated.

Mobile ordering FTW! Did it a few times (when the stoooooooooooopid App worked) and loved it when I could get it to work.

I'd probably be the same way. I was with Pandora.
Still have yet to see Pandora..sighhh
I love the big island. Someday we will go to Oahu as well.
The Big Island is one of our happy places for sure..it's so diverse.
I had an English Muffin with raisins, my V8 and a cup of coffee.

I'm just not keen on breads with raisins in them, same as cookies..they are just kinda slimy and meh for me

Nope, not waiting 45 minutes for a ride that I’m pretty sure will make me sick. I feel ill after riding Tow Mater’s Jamboree and this one is based on that.
We actually love Tow Maters lol- the swings when the tractors change tracks are Big!!
That guy loves his job! Nice!
By the time I finished my second ride, my Dad had joined us. He had been coughing all morning so I gave him one of Fran's coughing pills.
Are these the magic pills from the Alaska cruise? If I remember correctly ?

Last edited:
Today was rope drop day, I think the only one of our trip. And in the end we failed.

NOOOO!!!

I went as fast as I could but by the time I got to Toy Story Land the wait for SDD was 95 minutes. Not happening. Even TSMM had a 55 minute wait already.

Holy crap. That's brutal.

Coming soon to you, A Galaxy Far, Far, Away, but he he he, it’s coming to us sooner. I may or may not have already seen it…. :rolleyes1

And we may or not be jealous.

Nope, not waiting 45 minutes for a ride that I’m pretty sure will make me sick. I feel ill after riding Tow Mater’s Jamboree and this one is based on that.

Yep, same ride. And no, it's not worth waiting 45 minutes.

Even the Restrooms are cool!

I thought so, too!

We had FP+ for the whole party on RnRC cause no one told me what they wanted to ride, so I figured I would go on it as many times as I could stand.

Excellent! :rockband:

Now that I’m older I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, which means that if I move my head suddenly in any direction I can get dizzy and disoriented. The web “textbook” definition says this, “This might occur when you tip your head up or down, when you lie down, or when you turn over or sit up in bed.” But I’m pretty sure that going upside down a few times, being spun around in loops with G forces could also have the same effect. :laughing:

Oh. Well, that does put a damper on the whole thing, doesn't it?

And pretty soon we were moved aside so that we didn’t get killed to get us out of the way.

Very considerate of them.

Now you might be wondering about those smiles, the PP photographer was quite funny and kept doing all kinds of silly poses and just snapping away. I didn’t even show you half of the shots he took. I saw him a few days later in the same spot doing the same antics and snapped a picture of him then.

Cute. And here I thought you guys were just happy to be there.

Nope. Blue Mickey.

I’m not sure how many more times I tried before I finally got the green one, or if the CM just took pity on me and waved me through.

Persistence pays off!

But after the first ride I was so wiped out that I slept through my second ride.

Well, that's a shame. Seems a waste of a fast pass.

I got one of my better scores, and turned out to be “Best in Vehicle” but I wasn't quick enough on the picture since I never expected to hold that honor!

Hey, nice work!

I had the brilliant idea of trying to have lunch at the Tune In Lounge and that way we could order off the Prime Time menu without an ADR. Unfortunately so did a lot of other people, so we went with our back up which was the ABC Comissary.

Dang it. It's no fun when everybody else knows the secrets.

Eventually we moved on via shopping until the RnRC FP became available. I had thought my Dad might want to try it, so I made 4 FP, but in the end he was intimidated by the whole upside down stuff and said no. So I rode it twice. For some reason RnRC did not seem to play by the rules of FP+ opens 5 minutes before your time. It also did not have a digital timer. But I walked up when it said 5 mins before my time. I scanned my MB.

Blue Mickey.

There was kind of a line forming at the FP entry, so I went to the back hoping that by the time I got up to the front it would be OK.

Nope. Blue Mickey.

I’m not sure how many more times I tried before I finally got the green one, or if the CM just took pity on me and waved me through.
I'm shocked that they didn't look and see how close you were to your time and just say okay.

Not sure what time we caught the Friendship boat and once we docked at DHS, Fran let me book it on ahead. I went as fast as I could but by the time I got to Toy Story Land the wait for SDD was 95 minutes. Not happening. Even TSMM had a 55 minute wait already.
Yikes!!!!
Coming soon to you, A Galaxy Far, Far, Away, but he he he, it’s coming to us sooner. I may or may not have already seen it…. :rolleyes1
I'm jealous... So very jealous. Although you often have a lot of Disney related experiences that make me feel that way. At least we get to experience many of them vicariously through your TRs. Hint, hint, wink, wink... :rolleyes1
We had FP+ for the whole party on RnRC cause no one told me what they wanted to ride, so I figured I would go on it as many times as I could stand.
I fully approve of and endorse this strategy!!!!
The irony of this sign was not lost on Fran and myself.
I think they misspelled "Pixar" :rolleyes1
I had noticed the huge line when we were inside looking for a table and immediately realized that mobile ordering was the way to go. So from our table outside we placed the order. About a minute after I hit send, I asked my Dad to come help me carry.

He's like, “You just ordered, don't you have to wait for them to make it?”

I told him, “I hit the choice, ‘I'm here now prepare my food.’ It's pretty much already made all they have to do is put it on a tray.”

In the end, they called my name just as we walked up to the counter so I was vindicated.
That's awesome. This is the change that has occurred since our last trip that I'm most looking forward to. I can mobile ordering really being a godsend, especially having 3 kids in tow.

Then... what's the white that I see? margarine?

whipped butter. Not my favorite. The first thing I did after turning on my computer was modify my standing DVC order to "smallest package of cubed butter", the word cubed being key.

I do know. And yes, it's Hollywood Blvd. You turn down Sunset Blvd to go to TOT and RNRC

That's what I thought!

::yes::

Huh. Maybe? Wonder how much they paid them.
I'm guessing... a lot.

Probably.....

Huh. Don't think I have a photo either.

Not something one would normally take a photo of.

::yes:: Like I said, I'll be doing that a lot more from now on.

I'll be doing that tonight! :thumbsup2

whipped butter. Not my favorite. The first thing I did after turning on my computer was modify my standing DVC order to "smallest package of cubed butter", the word cubed being key.
Interesting... I prefer whipped butter... uh... sometimes.
I'm both fussy and weird.

But you knew that.
Not something one would normally take a photo of.
And yet... we both write TRs, so not that unlikely!

You guys look great! If I was trying to make robe drop I would still be in my curlers, except I don't wear curlers, but you know what I mean.

I get it. Rarely do I wake up early, usually between 7 and 8 but I sit in bed for hours catching up on the DIS on my phone. :laughing:

He looks like he is a hoot to work with.

He definitely put big grins on our faces!

Disneyland is on my list, when I lived in Washington, we spent summers going up and down the coast (my boyfriend was a deadhead) and stopped by Disneyland a time or two but since then.... It is time for a visit, maybe we will make it in 2020 after I retire from full time employment.

Definitely let me know if you plan to come out here. I will make sure you are well taken care of!

Uh oh, I already don't like where this is going...

Well it wasn't that bad....

Yeah... it instanstaneously goes from 'Okay, we're done running!" to "Holy crap, I''m not standing in that 1 1/2 long line in the sun!"

When I was there they had umbrellas going along the entire overflow queue, were they gone in May?

Pretty sure the kids and I will hit this up for the first time in Sept.

Not that it doesn't sound good, and after Elle's glowing review, who knows, but for me to want grilled cheese and tomato soup it can't be hotter than the sun out! The totchos sound good too.

LOL! No mistaking sponsorship in these parts!

I think that subliminally they got to me, but that's for a future update!

I think it'll probably make me sick too, but I still want to try it to say I have.

I'll wait until its practically a walk on.

You are right! I noticed this little patch as well when I came out of the bathrooms and thought the same thing. VERY well done space landscaping-wise.

Great minds....

It is ZERO mistake that the Girls' side has "Cooties" and the Boys' side has Tinkertoys. At all. And my immature Jr. High School side finds it uproarously hilarious.

I did not notice that, but I do think it is pretty funny once you point it out.

Sucks getting older! Common and bites.

Yeah, it's been about 10 years now....

I think he must be part photog, part Streetmosphere, no?

I think he just really likes his job....

UGH!! Afternoon, just when you're DYING for some AC!

At least by this point in our trip it wasn't so bad. We never really saw the sun much after the first three days.

Mobile ordering FTW! Did it a few times (when the stoooooooooooopid App worked) and loved it when I could get it to work.

It's a godsend at DL! Totally love it!

When I was there they had umbrellas going along the entire overflow queue, were they gone in May?

They do, but they are spaced out AND when you ARE under them, the heat is trapped in and reflected off the concrete onto your face. Awful!

Not that it doesn't sound good, and after Elle's glowing review, who knows, but for me to want grilled cheese and tomato soup it can't be hotter than the sun out! The totchos sound good too.

Yes, the totchos and the breakfast bowls both sound good!

I think that subliminally they got to me, but that's for a future update!

Looking forward to that update!

I'll wait until its practically a walk on.
I think he just really likes his job....

Then it's perfect for him!! I hope they pay him well!

It's a godsend at DL! Totally love it!

I hope it works better for me in Sept.

I'm playing some much need catch up on the boards!

This looks good, I totally missed this. I missed out on so many things I wanted to eat. We had too many meals planned I think and not enough snacking time.
We also got the Honey Wine and Peach Cobbler with Blueberry Vodka that were pictured in the previous photos. Everything was “lick the plate clean” good!
All of those items sound so good and of course I missed out on the honey beestro!
I thought it was great, but Fran couldn't eat it cause it was too garlicky.

z19FG0313EP30.jpg
I really enjoyed the corn!
They have a bizarre policy that even if they don't have enough seats, they can have 51 people in the bar so they'll let you in so you can stand and lurk. So we lurked by a table that Fran noticed was signing their check and they gave us their table when they left.

z19FG0313TS05.jpg
So strange! So the DLR is smaller than that? I have not been inside!
When we finished the Nautilus we each ordered our own drinks, I got the Dark & Tropical Stormy: Gosling’s Black Seal Rum, fresh lime juice, Ginger Beer, and Falernum. I love that the little umbrella is all messed up and windblown!

z19FG0313TS11.jpg
I'm totally going to get that one day.
z19FG0313TS17.jpg

All the drinks Fran ordered came with souvie glasses. So we had a lot of glasses to figure out how to get home.
Are the glasses different from the DLR one?
Next we were off to Costco, only because we like to check out Costcos in strange places.
I do too!!
Well at the second batch of outlets, I happened to spy a New Balance store and they “happened” to be having a “buy two get one free” sale. Fran is always more than happy to buy me new shoes, because I’ve always been the kind to buy a crappy pair of shoes at the cheapest place possible. Fran has been changing that over the last few years and was happy when I found three pair of shoes. Including these puppies, they are my favorite of the three pairs.

z19FG0314OC03.jpg
Love the color!
That burger looks delicious!
And our fully stocked fridge.

z19FG0314OC22.jpg
Damn that is a lot of mountain dew!!
Dad got the Pasta Carbonara.

z19FG0314TAF06.jpg
That actually looks delicious! Was the pasta fresh? It looks like it is! I love fresh pasta!
Too bad the rest of the meal was not as good as you remember, it's always disappointing! The breakfast we had there was sooo good!
I love Thumper!
This was amazing, I love pound cake!
All of them were awesome and we ate every last bite. My mom was happy because she was feeling a lack of veggies from travel day so she happily ate the rest of the green beans from the scallop dish.
I always feel like that when I travel! I need to remember to eat more greens.
Crispy Citrus Chicken with Orange Aïoli and Baby Greens (GF) (KA) – $5.75, This was a real favorite with Fran who doesn't eat raw fish so she passed on the Tuna, she happily at the extra piece of chicken. It was really crispy and had a slight kick.

z19FG0315EP22.jpg
This looks so good! I wish I tried it.

At this point Fran said she was tired and needed to go back to the room. Really she was sick of all the camaraderie and wanted to do her own thing. She ended up going to Caramel Kuche and getting us some caramels for the room, and who knows where else she went. I didn’t turn on the GPS tracker in Trusted Contacts. Maybe I should have!
Haha Steve and I track each other. I guess we can never lie as to where we are going!
I don’t know why this concept always fascinates me.

z19FG0315EP53.jpg
it does with me too...and I'm so glad Steve did not try and implement this when he did his hydroponics. I don't think it would have survived.
Mom had escargot (but I didn’t get a picture of that) and a Salade aux Lardons et croutons. Fran and I took half the salad and most of the Lardons.

z19FG0315EP65.jpg
That looks like a salad I can totally get behind!
I wanted to be out of the room at 8AM, i believe park opening was 9AM. But when it became 8:09 and none of us were ready I started to worry. We made the preparations, but it wasn't until 8:21 when we actually left the room, and that was already too late. Not sure what time we caught the Friendship boat and once we docked at DHS, Fran let me book it on ahead. I went as fast as I could but by the time I got to Toy Story Land the wait for SDD was 95 minutes. Not happening. Even TSMM had a 55 minute wait already.
It's sometimes not worth the effort during rope drop! Even just being a few minutes late would cause the line to build up exponentially
Now that I’m older I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, which means that if I move my head suddenly in any direction I can get dizzy and disoriented.
Woah, that sounds...complex! Do you get motion sickness? It doesn't seem like you do.
The irony of this sign was not lost on Fran and myself.
Haha!
Blue Mickey.

There was kind of a line forming at the FP entry, so I went to the back hoping that by the time I got up to the front it would be OK.

Nope. Blue Mickey.

That is weird!
Fran and I split the basket of Fried goodness. Shrimp, Fish and Chicken Tenders. It was actually the perfect amount of food for the two of us and couldn't even finish my chicken tender.

I enjoy that combo and it looks the same as the one they have at CHH in MK.

Still have yet to see Pandora..sighhh

You'll get there eventually....

The Big Island is one of our happy places for sure..it's so diverse.

I like it too, though it's been 30 years since I was there last. Need to get Fran there. She has never been.

I'm just not keen on breads with raisins in them, same as cookies..they are just kinda slimy and meh for me

The only thing I actually like with raisins is English muffins.

We actually love Tow Maters lol- the swings when the tractors change tracks are Big!!

And that's what seems to get me sick.

That guy loves his job! Nice!

He sure does!

Are these the magic pills from the Alaska cruise? If I remember correctly ?

Good memory!

We are just not as good as your family at rope drop. Not everyone is totally on board.

Holy crap. That's brutal.

I know. I can't believe people are willing to wait that long!

And we may or not be jealous.

And you should be. We finally accomplished everything we wanted to. Bonus features posted on the old TR.

Yep, same ride. And no, it's not worth waiting 45 minutes.

Thank you for the confirmation.

I thought so, too

Seems like a consensus!

Excellent! :rockband:

:thumbsup2

Oh. Well, that does put a damper on the whole thing, doesn't it?

Well I still enjoy it, but I can't do three rides in a row like I used to. Now it's kinda two and done.

Very considerate of them.

I really didnt want to be killed that day.

Cute. And here I thought you guys were just happy to be there.

We were but he helped our moods

Persistence pays off!

Always!

Well, that's a shame. Seems a waste of a fast pass.

Yeah, well I couldn't help it!

Hey, nice work!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Dang it. It's no fun when everybody else knows the secrets.

I know. Huh.

I'm shocked that they didn't look and see how close you were to your time and just say okay.

Stupid buracracy!

Yikes!!!!

I thought of your plans to rope drop when I wrote that. There is little room for error.

I'm jealous... So very jealous. Although you often have a lot of Disney related experiences that make me feel that way. At least we get to experience many of them vicariously through your TRs. Hint, hint, wink, wink... :rolleyes1

It is done! I'll have a link to the first chapter in my next update. But you can find them in the Bonus Features of my last TR. It's in my signature.

I fully approve of and endorse this strategy!!!!

I thought you would.

I think they misspelled "Pixar" :rolleyes1

Either that or no one told WDW that they changed the name a couple years ago.

That's awesome. This is the change that has occurred since our last trip that I'm most looking forward to. I can mobile ordering really being a godsend, especially having 3 kids in tow.

It's also handy when you have 3 adults in tow. :rolleyes1

Interesting... I prefer whipped butter... uh... sometimes.
I'm both fussy and weird.

But you knew that.

Well the fussy and weird yes, not the preferring whipped butter.

And yet... we both write TRs, so not that unlikely!

I'll try to take a pic for sure because time.

They do, but they are spaced out AND when you ARE under them, the heat is trapped in and reflected off the concrete onto your face. Awful!

It was only hot for the first two days when we were there, the rest were pretty dreary and rainy as you will see in the next update.

Yes, the totchos and the breakfast bowls both sound good!

So much food, so little time!

Looking forward to that update!

It's two updates ahead, and I just added an extra little spiel about the Babybel "advertisements".

Then it's perfect for him!! I hope they pay him well!

I seriously doubt it.

I hope it works better for me in Sept.

Fingers crossed.

I'm playing some much need catch up on the boards!

That was quite a lot of catching up that you did!

This looks good, I totally missed this. I missed out on so many things I wanted to eat. We had too many meals planned I think and not enough snacking time.

I'm going to have that problem in October. It's a short trip (at least the part where we are in Disney), and there are other things I want to do besides F&W.

All of those items sound so good and of course I missed out on the honey beestro!

That was one of my favorites!

I really enjoyed the corn!

Me too!

So strange! So the DLR is smaller than that? I have not been inside!

The one at the DLH is about half the size of that room, and the tables are packed in there, you're literally sitting on top of other people.

I'm totally going to get that one day.

I love that the umbrella is all twisted.

Are the glasses different from the DLR one?

All the mugs are unique to the different locations.

I do too!!

I'm glad someone else shares our interesting hobby.

Love the color!

They are my new park shoes, especially if I'm walking and not using the scooter.

That burger looks delicious!

I picked off all those crispy bits that were sticking outside the bun and ate them, they were very good!

Damn that is a lot of mountain dew!!

She likes her Dew and drank almost all of that over the week.

That actually looks delicious! Was the pasta fresh? It looks like it is! I love fresh pasta!
Too bad the rest of the meal was not as good as you remember, it's always disappointing! The breakfast we had there was sooo good!

It does look like fresh pasta. I got that the first time we ate there and I really liked it.

I love Thumper!

He is cute, and I have shirt with him, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nuthin' at all."

This was amazing, I love pound cake!

Me too! All these desserts that I want now! :laughing:

I always feel like that when I travel! I need to remember to eat more greens.

That's why we always try to start out with a glass of V8, we do it at home, but at least we are starting the day with some vegetables, even if we forget to eat any the rest of the day!

This looks so good! I wish I tried it.

It was!

Haha Steve and I track each other. I guess we can never lie as to where we are going!

She still lies to me about where she's been. :rolleyes1

it does with me too...and I'm so glad Steve did not try and implement this when he did his hydroponics. I don't think it would have survived.

That would have been quite a mess to clean up!

That looks like a salad I can totally get behind!

Bacon makes everything better!

It's sometimes not worth the effort during rope drop! Even just being a few minutes late would cause the line to build up exponentially

Yeah, not trying that one in October. Hopefully I'll get a FP again.

Woah, that sounds...complex! Do you get motion sickness? It doesn't seem like you do.

No I don't get motion sickness, unless I try to read in a car. This mostly affects me when I'm laying down, like on the table at the Masseuse or Chiropractor, or if I sit up too abruptly in bed.

That is weird!

I'm just glad he finally let me on the ride.

I enjoy that combo and it looks the same as the one they have at CHH in MK.

It was perfect for the two of us, and pretty tasty!

OK time for another IRL update before the trip update. Many of you may have wondered if I dropped off the face of the earth, especially if you're not following along with the bonus features on my previous TR. The last few weeks have been very busy. A little over a week ago we had our big Pride Parade and for the first time in LA history it was broadcast live, not on some little cable access channel, but on the ABC local newstation.

Not only were we on it, but we were right up front and center! I've included a link to the TV coverage. We appear in there right around minutes 3-4, take a listen if you like. You'll even hear them reading some copy that I wrote as part of a short bio that they requested.

When I last posted on this thread we had a vacancy that was not listed on the market. A couple days after I posted last we put the sign out and essentially the unit rented that next day! Score!

I wish I could say that we are fully rented, but alas another tenant in that same building had given verbal notice, so it was only the formality of receiving their written notice before we had another vacancy. They will be clearing out at the end of this month. This time I hope to turn it around in less than three weeks and have it listed before the end of July.

But lastly, I have made several journeys to the planet Batuu, and I have written a complete set of posts about those visits and they are on my previous TR as bonus features. If you want to read about them click
here.
I’ve made this update short so that you can go over to the other TR and catch up!

And now back to our regular programming.

If you remember, we had just finished our lunch at the ABC Comissary. Fran went in search of a restroom and ended up across from the Muppet 3D movie. Since my parents had never seen it and they no longer show it at DCA, in fact, just the other day Mickey’s Philharmagic opened up in the space where it used to play. So we decided to kill some time before our final FP and go on in. By this point my Dad was on my scooter. I liked this pun that was on the screen before the show.

Even though the Muppets show is totally old, it's still rather funny and we all got a good laugh. Dad was still coughing and I gave him another coughing pill.

And then our Star Tours FP for 2:30 was open, well it was 5 minutes before and again they let us in. We got the non Vader opening scene, went on a pod race, and after Yoda told us our mission we went to Coruscant. Fun Times.

At this point everyone was fading. My mom rode the scooter back to the dock. Fran stopped in the Indiana Jones shopping area and we continued on to exit the park. Before we actually went through the turnstiles I called Fran to find out where she was, and she had zoomed past us and was already at the dock for the Friendship boats!
Just as I was hanging up the phone these ruffians walked by.

The trip back was uneventful. I drove the scooter onto the boat and when we got off the boat, I let my Dad ride.

Back in the room I had planned on looking at my computer while doing laundry. But Fran sat down at the dining room table with her computer and was super cranky about wanting me to look at this Cuisinart pan that was on sale for the day at something called Massdrop. Back at Hollywood Studios she had been wanting me to look at it on her cell phone. I guess I should have just told her to order it, because that's what I ended up doing in the room, but by this point she was super cranky about it. Instead of getting my computer out, I started a load of laundry and went into the bedroom, watched TV and caught up on the TR notes on my phone. Plus I sort of napped a little.

Update on the pan she got me. I got it out a couple months ago to make a long time recipe. I know why they were selling it for $9.95 on Massdrop. While Cuisinart is a quality brand, this pan was pure crap. It was so thin that the heat went directly through it, practically burning my sauce and cooking everything unevenly. Before I was even halfway through cooking the meal, I went in my pantry where I keep my (not for ever day use) pots and got out my Cordon Bleu pot which works beautifully for creamy milk based sauces and completed the dish. The other pan was donated shortly thereafter.

But back to the TR and the Beach Club Villas….

I got up around 5:30 to switch the laundry to dry and noticed my parents were having Happy Hour on the patio so I joined them.

All day long the weather seemed as though it was threatening to rain and just after we finished Happy Hour the skies opened up and began to pour.

Soon it was time to get ready, and my Dad decided he didn't feel up to going to dinner. We were going to Yachtsman and he thought that would be a waste, the way he was feeling. So it was just Fran, my mom and me at dinner. It was still raining when we left the room and luckily there was a way to walk from our room to the restaurant without leaving cover. We decided not to order any salads or appetizers and just went the steaks and sides. But there are always rolls to start. I don't think my Mom ever really got onboard with the whole concept of wait to take pictures!

The yummy garlic and butter!

We all ordered the Rib Eye, but Fran and I split ours. We got potatoes on the side. They split our steaks in the kitchen.

I’m pretty sure that our waiter was the famous David who is well known on the DIS. He was very good.
We also got creamed spinach. Here is my plate all made up.

My mom ordered green beans and she thought they were in addition to her potatoes, but instead he substituted them, which was in fine for her, she likes to eat high protein and not too many carbs.

We ended up taking a bunch home, and passing on dessert. Especially since we knew we had the ice cream in the freezer.

I ate one of the Coffee Toffee Coffee ice cream chunks from the sampler the night before, and had some of the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake ice cream.

The laundry I had started at 4PM was finally dry, so I laid it out on various surfaces so it didn't wrinkle. I was too tired to hang it up or put it away. I started another load of laundry. Did I say that this machine is tiny, and I absolutely despise the wash and dry nature of this machine? At this point I was so exhausted that all I could do was crawl into bed and go to sleep.

That steak looks fantastic. We are going to Yachtsman for our Christmas dinner so we are pretty excited to try something new.

Many of you may have wondered if I dropped off the face of the earth,
Not me. I know where to find you. ;)
A little over a week ago we had our big Pride Parade and for the first time in LA history it was broadcast live, not on some little cable access channel, but on the ABC local newstation.
Thanks for the link!
We appear in there right around minutes 3-4, take a listen if you like. You'll even hear them reading some copy that I wrote as part of a short bio that they requested.
I watched the first few minutes and spotted Fran right away. Haven't seen you, yet. It'll have to wait until I'm at a computer that I can see that (I peeked on my phone at work, but small screen.)
When I last posted on this thread we had a vacancy that was not listed on the market. A couple days after I posted last we put the sign out and essentially the unit rented that next day! Score!
I don't think I knew it was the next day.
But lastly, I have made several journeys to the planet Batuu, and I have written a complete set of posts about those visits and they are on my previous TR as bonus features.
If you remember, we had just finished our lunch at the ABC Comissary.
Nope. I don't even remember what day it is, so...
in fact, just the other day Mickey’s Philharmagic opened up in the space where it used to play.
Oh really. Huh. Interesting choice. I think I would've just left the muppets, but... whatever.
cute
Even though the Muppets show is totally old, it's still rather funny and we all got a good laugh.
and after Yoda told us our mission we went to Coruscant. Fun Times.
:laughing:
I called Fran to find out where she was, and she had zoomed past us and was already at the dock for the Friendship boats!
:laughing: Fran's sneaky! And quick, apparently!
But Fran sat down at the dining room table with her computer and was super cranky about wanting me to look at this Cuisinart pan that was on sale for the day at something called Massdrop.
Because of the low, low price, I presume?
I know why they were selling it for $9.95 on Massdrop. While Cuisinart is a quality brand, this pan was pure crap. It was so thin that the heat went directly through it, practically burning my sauce and cooking everything unevenly.
:sad2: There's a reason why they say "you get what you pay for"... because you usually do.
The other pan was donated shortly thereafter.
To the trash bin, I hope.
We decided not to order any salads or appetizers and just went the steaks and sides.
Good plan. Save room for the reason you're there.
I don't think my Mom ever really got onboard with the whole concept of wait to take pictures!
:laughing:
I’m pretty sure that our waiter was the famous David who is well known on the DIS. He was very good.
I've heard of him. :)

And how was the steak?

Many of you may have wondered if I dropped off the face of the earth, especially if you're not following along with the bonus features on my previous TR.

Oops. Sorry. Usually when a TR is finished, I don't bother going back to check for more updates. It's easier for me to associate one TR with an author at a time!

Not only were we on it, but we were right up front and center!

Hey, look at you! They must have known who the big draws would be.

This time I hope to turn it around in less than three weeks and have it listed before the end of July.

UqbcYt2.jpg

But lastly, I have made several journeys to the planet Batuu, and I have written a complete set of posts about those visits and they are on my previous TR as bonus features.

Well, yeah, that will get me to come over and visit!

Even though the Muppets show is totally old, it's still rather funny and we all got a good laugh.

I always enjoy it. It captures the Muppets spirit.

We got the non Vader opening scene

Of course you did. The Vader scene doesn't exist.

Before we actually went through the turnstiles I called Fran to find out where she was, and she had zoomed past us and was already at the dock for the Friendship boats!

Wow, she got the turbo-charged scooter!

But Fran sat down at the dining room table with her computer and was super cranky about wanting me to look at this Cuisinart pan that was on sale for the day at something called Massdrop. Back at Hollywood Studios she had been wanting me to look at it on her cell phone. I guess I should have just told her to order it, because that's what I ended up doing in the room, but by this point she was super cranky about it.

:sad2:

I'm in Disney World! I don't give a flying @#$% about some pan on a website I've never heard of!

While Cuisinart is a quality brand, this pan was pure crap.

:sad2:

We were going to Yachtsman

Mmmm...Yachtsman...

Sorry your dad wasn't feeling up to it.

At this point I was so exhausted that all I could do was crawl into bed and go to sleep.

Hope everyone got rested and was less cranky in the morning!

We appear in there right around minutes 3-4, take a listen if you like. You'll even hear them reading some copy that I wrote as part of a short bio that they requested.
👏 really enjoyed it
This time I hope to turn it around in less than three weeks and have it listed before the end of July.
fingers crossed you will be fulled rented for a bit longer

Gotta love the Muppets- classic!

We had a lot of fun with these guys wandering around when we were in DL, over by Space though.
While Cuisinart is a quality brand, this pan was pure crap.
Note to self! What sort of pan was it?

noticed my parents were having Happy Hour

My kind of parents.

Yikes!

Yum yum yum!! I love butter so much. Add salt and 😍
👏Your steak looks spot on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!