Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

Then it was time for the big day. We started off by riding Soarin'. Fran got stuck at the bag check, where we switched scooters, you see my scooter bag had a tear and she had bought this industrial strength tape that she was prepared to fix the bag with. Well they wouldn’t let her in the park with the tape and security was telling her to take it back to the room. She was objecting on principle and asked to see the lead. She was going to argue it out with them and needed my bag with the tear to prove her point. The rest of us just wanted to get on with riding rides!
Really? Tape? That's crazy! I guess I could see it being a concern about tape ending up in unwanted places around the park, but they actively ban selfie sticks and even publish that and I still see them in the parks. But they made a big deal about tape?

So, did she win?
Then Fran and Margaret wanted to go shopping. I found another plug and sat with Leonard and chit chatted. I don’t know what happened to Jenny, Michael and Jill. I had to "nurse" the scooter the whole way out of Galaxy's Edge. It kept stopping and beeping. We have since taken it to the shop and haven't been able to replicate the problem, so before we take it out in public again, I have to ride it all around the neighborhood and try to get it to malfunction. Until then, it is grounded in the garage.
Good luck! I'm glad it at least got you through the day and didn't make you really have to miss out on any plans. Hopefully you can get it figured out and fixed!
I’m going to wrap it up here, although the day was not over. We watched the MSEP and the fireworks, but I’m going to save that for the next update, since I did the same thing (different events during the day though), just two weeks later.
Looks like a pretty awesome day, thus far. Anything else is just going to be icing on the cake.

You guessed it. Orlando.

Because the group is a non-profit 501c3 organization all expenses related to the conference are tax deductible. Items such as airfare, car rental, meals, hotel rooms at the conference, can all be written off as charitable expenses.

That's a pretty sweet deal!

Meet Pascal, we picked him up over Labor Day weekend.

I dunno, he looks more like a Guido to me.

We also put in an offer (and it was accepted) on a contract of 100 points at Bay Lake Tower, so now we’re only 12 points away from the 1000 point club! :rotfl2:

Nice! :woohoo:

Now that we had blown the budget (before even stepping foot in Galaxy's Edge) it was time for lunch. Where else would we rather dine than the Plaza Inn? Winner winner chicken dinner!

Always a great choice.

I got the Engineer spot. I think I have since decided that is my most favorite spot. It has the least amount of pressure.

That's good to know.

And she got a Yub Nub. I think Disney purposely made the most desirable drink a "souvenir mug only".

:sad2: Corporate Disney is annoying.

After the ride and our trip to the Cantina, honestly there just isn't that much to do in SWGE, unless you want to drop a couple hundred dollars on a light saber or a Droid.

Um...no thanks. Hopefully the new ride will be as awesome as they say it is.

I ordered the Pupu platter for my meal (from right front, clockwise, panko crusted green beans, chicken wings, gyoza, edamame). This Is always a winner for me. You get your protein and veggies, and breaded and fried almost always makes your veggies better!

And you can make endless pupu platter jokes!

It had been over a month since our last visit to Batuu and I was definitely looking forward to spending more time there.

But I thought there wasn't much to do...:scratchin

However, by noon on the first day they hardly needed the boarding groups. By the end of the week, social media posts were reporting record low level crowds.

My theory is that everyone was so worried about the crowds that no one actually went.

Well they wouldn’t let her in the park with the tape and security was telling her to take it back to the room.

Really? Tape? That one baffles me.

So we went to Soarin’ which was still over California at the time

So, the good version, then. :rolleyes1

There was this cool little bird nest made from wires on the ship.

I like that touch. Neat.

Until then, it is grounded in the garage.

Time off for bad behavior!

Ooh, those look really good.

They come with this cheese sauce, the combination is absolutely delicious!

:worship: Even better! That sounds amazing!

x19DL0805TD21.jpg

Yeah! Familiar faces in a familiar place.

I remember that!

Looks good! I could do with the fries right now!

Or better have this one. That looks DELISH!!!

We watched the MSEP and the fireworks, but I’m going to save that for the next update, since I did the same thing (different events during the day though), just two weeks later.

Miss DL!

Then there is that whole pesky vacant apartment thing again.

Ugh... ongoing...
Also we have had a few days out at Disney, with friends, with just ourselves and that takes recovery time as well!

YAY!!! I'm one of the lucky ones! Always love hanging with you two!!

We stopped inside the entrance and watched Devine for a bit.

I love to stand for a bit and just watch her!

One of my very favorite places to sit!

The tenant who vacated left the place so clean that there is really nothing I need to do except maybe touch up a couple spots with paint. And when I say a couple, I mean a couple.

WHOA!! Exceptional!

I’m in full swing of planning the next few So Cal DISmeets, and I’ve even scheduled the carpet cleaning prior to the visit of @Steppesister and @Malia78, we’re in single digits until their visit so I’m trying to make my home as clean and inviting as possible!

It was a perfect room for us! Thank you again for all the work and care you put out for us!

Since DHS has the worst choice of QS restaurants of all the parks,

This is a truism.

Dad and I went up to the counter, there was a good size line, but nothing unusual. As we were waiting, he asked, “Why am I just now, on the last day, finding out about this place?”

LOL!!! I've done that a few times.... "Where has this been all my life?!"

Dad got the Jambon Buerre which was a ham and cheese sandwich on a baguette with butter mustard. He also liked this very much.

I think that's the choice I'd have gone with too. Looks so yummy!

Never mind the kids playing tag behind the pillar to our left. :rolleyes1

:sad2:

Once we’re done there (which will be before 5PM since they only let you stay 45 minutes),

They were only kinda checking. Our tablemates had been there an hour and still hadn't gotten their bill.
Yes, I know Fran and if there are any left in stock, she’ll be buying them.

And I saw she did. Still miffed. I wanted the Rancor Mug more than anything and they were gone. Both parks.

hop on the monorail to the Poly for more mugs at Trader Sam’s.

I see that they were back in stock. I wanted a Nautilus SOOOOo bad. Every. Single. Mug. was sold out. #peeved

Come to me, My Little Beauts! Love those suckers.

Fran, Jenny and I just kind of sauntered in leisurely fashion

As it SHOULD be done!

I think I have since decided that is my most favorite spot. It has the least amount of pressure.

Preach it, Sis.
Lots of people have indicated that this is the only one that appeals to them, but don't want to spend 50 bucks on a drink.

Ya think...?! :rolleyes:

Crap, shoulda got that one too!

Oh to be sitting at that table!

Fran got the Chilled Fruit Soup, which had watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew melon.
Heaven in a bowl!

Caught back up again! Can't wait to DL with you again in 2 months!

Jill in CO

So you are going to DL at Christmastime? Ah ...... must be AWESOME to be able to go back so often. You are one lucky lady, dearest Jill! :flower3: Still keeping my fingers crossed for DLRP with you next year. :goodvibes

We put empty ones around the house and call them cat traps.
:lmao: I like that!!
So did you? How was it?
I did! And I have two words...
Yu-um!
They only have it for a couple months in the Summer, but they always have something good. Sure we can put it on the list!
Yusss!!!

Love pie.
And in two more weeks I'll be taking my first tub of the trip!
Rub a dub dub, Alison in a tub.
This seems to have become a recurring theme.
:laughing:
Is this a movie quote I'm not getting? :confused3
No. Just a spin on "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."

Which I had not idea was a quote from the bible!
Well they can take two scooters but there was already one on the boat.
Ah! Okay, makes more sense now.
Either that or the boat is slow and makes multiple stops.
Nah. She's just fast. Indy 500.
Yup. And this is part of what I meant about being the tour guide.
Yup. Get that.
:laughing: But you know it happens!
::yes::
You do know her!
Actually... not nearly as well as I'd like.
I haven't talked to her enough yet.
But would like to.
We were a little bit confused, the server had to clue us in how to eat it.
Not at all surprised.
Someday the hype will die down. Maybe when RotR opens.
::yes::
Well it's a plastic box about 1 meter long and half a meter wide, I'm sure you've seen similar ones at Home Depot. We've got a ton of stuff in there like my large coffee mug, an oven safe stove top pot, a butter dish, a set of knives, measuring cups, napkins, baggies of multiple sizes, trash bags, pepper grinder, salt, my special pillow, and a bunch of other stuff. There's no way a big bottle of juice is going to fit in there. As it is I have to sit on the thing to get the zip ties (they give you a set each trip) on it to close.
Ah! Okay, got it. :)
And everyone looks to you for what's next. It gets tiring.
Totally get that.
So we'll be there after it opens.
Which is maybe not so great... if you wound
up being on it when it went down and people
wound up being stuck on it.
And now I'm reminded that my parking lot of forever is gone or seriously reduced in size. I need a new plan for two weeks from now.
What happened?

Meet Pascal, we picked him up over Labor Day weekend.
Nice! Hope you're happy with it. :)
The great thing about this van is that we can lift the scooter into the back and just let it ride there, no need for the scooter lift on the back of the car.
Even better. :)
We also put in an offer (and it was accepted) on a contract of 100 points at Bay Lake Tower, so now we’re only 12 points away from the 1000 point club! :rotfl2:
Question. How do you feel about not being able to use resale at future DVC resorts like the Riviera? Has that changed anything for you?
As soon as she saw this picture, she knew we had to have it as well.
I like it.
I thought I quoted about the print you wanted... and I'm completely not surprised you did! It's perfect!
Where else would we rather dine than the Plaza Inn? Winner winner chicken dinner!
Yum! Yes please!
we rode the Mark Twain while waiting for our time to enter.
I enjoyed doing that. Something I've yet to do in Florida.
First we stopped at the Bengal Barbeque
This place was on my list, but... chicken dinner!
we rode Smuggler’s Run, I got the Engineer spot. I think I have since decided that is my most favorite spot. It has the least amount of pressure.
Interesting. I had a different take on it.
After the ride and our trip to the Cantina, honestly there just isn't that much to do in SWGE, unless you want to drop a couple hundred dollars on a light saber or a Droid.
Yes. Not cheap at all!
I had a Tangaroa Cooler which was very good for a drink made with Gin
Would I like it?
I ordered the Pupu platter for my meal (from right front, clockwise, panko crusted green beans, chicken wings, gyoza, edamame).
Yum! That looks good.
She ordered the Angus 1/2 lb Hawaiian Cheeseburger

with Grilled Pineapple, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Havarti Cheese, Butter Lettuce, Tomato, Onions, and Sweet-and-Spicy Spread, served with Fries
Hmmm... interesting toppings. Not sure if I approve or not.
Only one way to be sure, of course. :)
In July the closest we got to a Disney park was having dinner at Tortilla Jo's in DTD and then sampling the new Salt and Straw Ice cream shop
How was that?
By the end of the week, social media posts were reporting record low level crowds.
Really! I didn't know this. And am surprised!
Again we met up for dinner, this time at a waterfront location so that we could watch the sun set over the ocean while dining.
Sounds wonderful! :)
Fran got stuck at the bag check, where we switched scooters, you see my scooter bag had a tear and she had bought this industrial strength tape that she was prepared to fix the bag with. Well they wouldn’t let her in the park with the tape and security was telling her to take it back to the room. She was objecting on principle and asked to see the lead. She was going to argue it out with them and needed my bag with the tear to prove her point.
1. Weird. Why can't you bring in some tape? :confused3
2. Did she win?
In the queue I noticed that something wasn't right with Fran's scooter it wasn't staying in gear and sort of slipping into free fall mode, but I was able to make it work and didn't think too much of it.
Uh oh...
:lmao:
Fran met up with us at the end of Guardians and we switched back our scooters. I’m not sure how she solved her problem and I don’t think I want to know.
So she had or didn't have the tape?
Jill got corn dogs at the Palace for Fran and herself,
Still want to go to the wagon for one. Some day. :)
Mine is the Beef Kefta, Margaret got the Beef Kebab.
Not sure about the Kefta but the Kebab sure looks good. :)
You ride two by two! I didn't know that!
There was this cool little bird nest made from wires on the ship.
Cool!
Nice group and nice shot of said group. :)
We rode Smuggler’s one last time. No one was at the chess table.
That's a rarity.
We ordered a round of these potato rolls for the table.
Those look amazing! And with that sauce????
Leonard ordered the fancy schmancy cheeseburger on the menu,
something I could see myself doing.
I don’t know what this was now, but it’s some kind of chocolate cake with Ice Cream and stuff.
:faint:

OK folks, I've totally dropped off the grid for the last week+. We're on the way to the airport now for our trip home. I hope to catch up on all your TRs in the next couple days, post an update here, and then start my new TR.

It's been quite a week, kind of like no other! See you when we're back in California!

OK folks, I've totally dropped off the grid for the last week+. We're on the way to the airport now for our trip home. I hope to catch up on all your TRs in the next couple days, post an update here, and then start my new TR.

It's been quite a week, kind of like no other! See you when we're back in California!
Welcome back!!! Looking forward to this as that's quite the lead in!

Wow! That trip went by quick! Looking forward to your TR. :flower3:

And I'm still catching up on everyone else's TRs......

I'm sorry, who is this?

:confused3 At this point, I'm not even sure either!

See you later, then!

Looks like much later!

Oh? Looking forward to hearing all about it. :)

popcorn::

And what I didn't know then.....but you'll have to wait for the TR for all that! I pulled a pkondz and kept my mouth shut!

Welcome back!!! Looking forward to this as that's quite the lead in!

Yeah and I like I said above, what I didn't know then......

Looking forward to both :)

I'm getting there. Picture editing has begun.

Will be back to respond to the previous comments soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!