Donut Pickup at the Front of the Park?

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
This is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you know if you can get the big pink donut sent to the front of the park for pickup? I think I've seen them boxed up in the Seuss area before. I'm wondering if we were to get a prepackaged one if they would do that. We've always wanted to have one for breakfast and have never made it happen because we've never been near the Simpsons area near park close. It's not something I want to carry around.

If not, what have the wait times at Voodoo looked like around park close? I assume still very long lines at that time?

Very unique and interesting question. If you don't get an answer by tomorrow I'll try to remember to ask while in the parks tomorrow.

IME No they won't ship food - we tried to send some chocolate frogs and jelly beans to the exit and they told us they can't ship food items.

IME No they won't ship food - we tried to send some chocolate frogs and jelly beans to the exit and they told us they can't ship food items.

I had a feeling this would be the answer. I'll have to look for the big pink in the shops near the front of IOA at the end of the night. If not, it may be another donut-less trip for us.

@PrincessWithABlaster You'll definitely be having to hit it on your way out of IoA as when I went on my trip to Saturday I made sure to look thoroughly at the main gift Universal shop on the way out, even checked Studio Sweets, and it's not there. I kept second guessing myself since the sweet shop was right there and next to it was the Simpson's merch, but it wasn't there.

We had a big bag of stuff from Honeydukes sent to the front on Saturday- chocolate frogs, wands, candy, etc. It was really chilly (low 60's), so maybe they will do meltable food it when it's not hot out?

@PrincessWithABlaster You'll definitely be having to hit it on your way out of IoA as when I went on my trip to Saturday I made sure to look thoroughly at the main gift Universal shop on the way out, even checked Studio Sweets, and it's not there. I kept second guessing myself since the sweet shop was right there and next to it was the Simpson's merch, but it wasn't there.

Thank you so much for looking. I know I saw them in Seussland in the past. I’ll keep an eye out when we’re in the front of the parks.

We had a big bag of stuff from Honeydukes sent to the front on Saturday- chocolate frogs, wands, candy, etc. It was really chilly (low 60's), so maybe they will do meltable food it when it's not hot out?
That makes sense. It’s supposed to be mid 70s to 80s this weekend so I’m not sure that will work for us but I’ll give it a try.

And we now have 2 days forecast to be a high of 70 so maybe we will be able to get them sent to the front. Thanks for the info.

Update: A little too late, but for future reference (for anyone) it’s at the Universal gift shop section with the sweets. I didn’t see it before, because I took a quick look. Today, I happened to be looking at the counter this time (was thinking of getting something for my parents) and it’s tucked between the two refrigerated sections.

Update: A little too late, but for future reference (for anyone) it’s at the Universal gift shop section with the sweets. I didn’t see it before, because I took a quick look. Today, I happened to be looking at the counter this time (was thinking of getting something for my parents) and it’s tucked between the two refrigerated sections.

View attachment 462867

It’s also in the fudge and candy shop in port of entry right after the arch (as you’re going in). That’s where we finally got one this year. It was delish. We all loved it.

Kind of a funny story - I participated in this thread at the beginning. Then, during our December trip, I actually needed the answer.

On our last day, we are getting ready to leave Studios, headed back to our hotel for our pick-up to the airport. I text my mom to find out what type of Voodoo donuts she wanted (I usually bring home some type of donuts from Universal) and she asks "are you bringing home a big pink as well?" Ah, no, that wasn't the plan! After panicking slightly (back-tracking to Simpson-land was NOT in the timeline), my friend said that she was almost positive that they had them in the front gift shop. Thankfully, they did! Crisis averted.

Glad you were able to find them, @sandam1! I found them yesterday and I was like, "I have to take a picture and report this!" I knew it was old news, but thought it might help in case anyone else ever wondered where it was on the Universal side since we already clearly established where it was on the IoA side.

A tip for Voodoo, for someone who really wants to try, DH and I got them on our way into the park for HHN which was around 5:30pm. Once the gates opened, we got a locker and stored them there for the night, and picked it up on our way out. Voodoo was closed by the time we left, but it would avoid long lines too. Luckily, the donuts hadn't melted and they still tasted great the next morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter