Dopey 2020.....

Yeah! What is everyone doing to prepare? I need to lose weight for sure. Also need to increase my intervals to add longer run segments.

Kim

Adapt to getting up at 2am 4 mornings in a row. :rotfl2:

Like last year, I am planning on signing up for a bunch of races as part of my training. @Hockeychic I see you're in Ontario. MEC has a run series from April - October and the races are inexpensive. Forced me to stay on track with my training and definitely helped with me running Goofy this year.

Thanks Karen, Yes I have done the races before just for POT but I don’t like racing without bling.

I know that is the hard part is getting up stupid o’clock 4 days in a row.

Yikes on the knee surgery. One step at a time

I'm up for that! I think I can handle the early mornings, the hard part for me would be making myself limit my park time on the 5k and 10k days.

I plan on doing it in 2020. I ran my first full last month and am working on improving my running before I sign up for Dopey. I'm sure I could complete Dopey right now or in 2019, but I wouldn't feel proud of my times. So hopefully I'll be ready by 2020.

So glad to see so many planning ahead. That is always my problem of going in 3-4 days early and spending 8 or so hours a a day at the parks. This time it will be in Tuesday and out Tuesday or Wed.

ME ME ME!!! First attempt at a full, figured I would try for the Dopey.
Like you, if I attempt a full, it will be part of a Dopey... 2020 or beyond.

Adapt to getting up at 2am 4 mornings in a row. :rotfl2:

Like last year, I am planning on signing up for a bunch of races as part of my training. @Hockeychic I see you're in Ontario. MEC has a run series from April - October and the races are inexpensive. Forced me to stay on track with my training and definitely helped with me running Goofy this year.
For other Eastern Canadians, the Ottawa Tamarac weekend also offers challenges. I am registered for the Voyager this May: 5k+10k+half... And no really early wake-up time.

ok yup I did it.

I had planned on 2019 but we have made a change in our holidays and it really can’t work.

So I am doing 2020 instead.

Anyone else?

Yep, can't afford next year with registration coming up so quickly, so we are planning 2020! We ran the full this year (25th anniversary), and really wished we had done Dopey, the bling was awesome and, well, Dopey is my favorite character. It was my first full, and I'm not likely to run another full until then, but we are excited.

We did decide to not do any parks next time. We will stay at Shades of Green again and just enjoy the resort and run. We will likely bring the kids, they are on the older side, and they can play in the parks.

the way the school schedule for the holidays shakes out, Marathon weekend is a no go for me until 2021. But then I can do 21, 22, & 23.

I've pretty well decided to do WDW as my first full in 2020. Probably not Dopey, but we will see!

Me! As long as I can convince my ILs to watch my kids and take them to school for me:lmao:

This year I'm planning to do the F&W half in preparation for Goofy 2019 (first marathon!).

Probably will do another half or two in 2019 because I can't imagine skipping the rest of 2019 races.

I was planning on 2019 but my 16 y/o DD really wants to do the Princess 5K, so I will be doing that with her and the challenge by myself. So Dopey 2020 it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter