Dopey 2020.....

Not much different really though if the marathon is Jan. 12, 2020 (as well as the Jan. 13, 2019) as MK stuff was all up on Jan. 11, 2015 and Jan. 10, 2016 marathons. It will still be the same relative Sunday to those. I don't know.

Not much different really though if the marathon is Jan. 12, 2020 (as well as the Jan. 13, 2019) as MK stuff was all up on Jan. 11, 2015 and Jan. 10, 2016 marathons. It will still be the same relative Sunday to those. I don't know.
Yes MK was up but pretty much every other Park was down.

Yes MK was up but pretty much every other Park was down.
My January 2015 trip I just looked and I have pictures of Christmas stuff in all the parks still up, just scanning I have pics of the AK tree, ST tree, EP tree in America.

Thanks for the replies on the Christmas Decorations :) I think it would be lovely to still see some around but wont be hedging my bets :)

Talking with DD 10yo about our next 5k race, the conversation derailed:
Me (knowing that Dopey 2020 is the target): If I ever go back to runDisney I would probably choose a race in January .
DD: And you would bring me so we can run the 5k and the 10k together.
Me: What about school and dad work?
DD: Big sister won’t want to miss school but I don’t mind.
Me: And who will stay with you during my longer run(s)?
DD: We can bring grandma.

That trip is greatly changing shape o_O
And potentially budget :scared1:

With the 2019 Disney World rooms becoming available, I have been finding myself seriously shopping for what would be my Dopey 2020 trip! And squatting the Marathon Weekend 2019 thread. It will be a long year and a half of wait!
Anyone else have been scheming things like that?

With the 2019 Disney World rooms becoming available, I have been finding myself seriously shopping for what would be my Dopey 2020 trip! And squatting the Marathon Weekend 2019 thread. It will be a long year and a half of wait!

I've made the calendar commitment. I know I'll either stay at Shades (because it is dirt cheap), or rent dvc points (cheaper for deluxe, even with military discount rooms...would have saved so much last Jan if I thought of it). If I rent, I either want AKL, because I like the hotel and it is away from the fireworks at night so I won't get disturbed as I try to sleep for the early mornings. Or an Epcot hotel, as they are closer to Hollywood studios and the new star wars land. But that is as far as I'll get until next January.

This is my long-range goal too! It would be cool if this happened while school was out as I have kids and cannot take them out of school. But I plan to do this regardless. Question--do the races normally start in the Epcot parking lot? Are there any resorts from which they permit people to walk to the starting line (like you could from the Poly for Wine & Dine)?

This is my long-range goal too! It would be cool if this happened while school was out as I have kids and cannot take them out of school. But I plan to do this regardless. Question--do the races normally start in the Epcot parking lot? Are there any resorts from which they permit people to walk to the starting line (like you could from the Poly for Wine & Dine)?
This past year it was while kids were out of school and I wonder if that is why it was just so insanely busy in the parks (seemed worse that 2017). But with light side sidelined, they may keep it the 2nd weekend like 2019. They all start at Epcot, but I don't know if anyone can walk. You could walked back to a few I'm sure by cutting through epcot once it is open.

Yeah, with the 1st being the first Wednesday of the month and the week following being MLK, it seems pretty likely that the marathon will go down January 8-12. Oh well. Sorry kids!

If I can't walk to the races, I doubt I'll want to waste steps walking back from them. That's cool as it opens up all hotels as possibilities....

Hello, I must be slightly dense but how do you find out about the 2019 Disney rooms??? Thanks in advance Nessy

Ahhhhhh I thought you meant that they had specific hotels for the Marathon Weekend :), I thought I was missing something somewhere then :)

Ahhhhhh I thought you meant that they had specific hotels for the Marathon Weekend :), I thought I was missing something somewhere then :)
All Disney World Resorts are host resorts for runDisney i.e. they have transportation to the races. It is possible that some runDisney TA have specially priced resorts room for which you have to book a full package.

Glad I’m not the only one planning so early! Made the decision that 2020 will be Dopey! I’ve done princess and tinker bell halves, so I’m ready for this new challenge! I also plan on doing DCL and castaway after marathon weekend.

I am planning to sign up for the Dopey in 2020! I also plan to do the DCL Castaway challenge as well. Heck if I am going to do it I might as well go BIG! I am only doing a quarter and 15k this year and then in 2019 I plan to do another 1/2 marathon to keep me motivated until 2020. I plan for the Dopey to be my first full marathon! Do you need to submit a time to do the Dopey? If so I will need to find another race in 2019 to send in as the 1/2 I plan to do is in October and based on the dates for the 2019 race you need to have your time submitted in early October.

For those that have done it in the past I would love to hear any training tips. I am currently at 7 miles. I do not know my pace as I am just working on distance for the 15k then will work on time.

My DH does not like Disney but said he would go and cheer me on and then of course hop on cruise with me.

I am planning to sign up for the Dopey in 2020! I also plan to do the DCL Castaway challenge as well. Heck if I am going to do it I might as well go BIG! I am only doing a quarter and 15k this year and then in 2019 I plan to do another 1/2 marathon to keep me motivated until 2020. I plan for the Dopey to be my first full marathon! Do you need to submit a time to do the Dopey? If so I will need to find another race in 2019 to send in as the 1/2 I plan to do is in October and based on the dates for the 2019 race you need to have your time submitted in early October.

For those that have done it in the past I would love to hear any training tips. I am currently at 7 miles. I do not know my pace as I am just working on distance for the 15k then will work on time.

My DH does not like Disney but said he would go and cheer me on and then of course hop on cruise with me.
You don't *have* to submit a time but it's highly recommended for proper corral placement.

I used a marathon training plan and modified it slightly to do something back-to-back runs. Make sure you pick a plan that you can stick to (works with your body/schedule/life). Look into some form of crosstraining and make sure you take at least one rest day per week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!