Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

5k down! How many miles to go?! Better not to count :rolleyes1

You got some great running shots! I love the 5ks because it's when you get to spend the most dark time in the park. Always so beautiful to make that turn into World Showcase with the torches and pavilions all aglow!

5k down! How many miles to go?! Better not to count :rolleyes1

You got some great running shots! I love the 5ks because it's when you get to spend the most dark time in the park. Always so beautiful to make that turn into World Showcase with the torches and pavilions all aglow!
Only 45.5!

Yes, the 5Ks are really great!

Thanks to your mention in Dee's TR I found you.
Congrats on your 5K boy it looked cold.
I love your pic with Brother Bear brought back memories. We were in Disney when the film came out. They had the bears in Canada and it was my youngest DD's favorite. She was wearing a headband with pink hearts on springs and both the bears had so much fun playing with them :rotfl:
We love the CR for their large rooms and walking path to MK
Your Bay Lake suite looks really nice

Thanks to your mention in Dee's TR I found you.
Congrats on your 5K boy it looked cold.
I love your pic with Brother Bear brought back memories. We were in Disney when the film came out. They had the bears in Canada and it was my youngest DD's favorite. She was wearing a headband with pink hearts on springs and both the bears had so much fun playing with them :rotfl:
We love the CR for their large rooms and walking path to MK
Your Bay Lake suite looks really nice
Thanks for joining in!

It definitely was cold. It has been a while since I have seen the film. I might have to rewatch now that I have met them!

I was mentally and physically prepared for the cold but even then it was still cold. Most local races runners do not have to stand outside for 1-2 or more hours while waiting for the race to start. With runDisney you don't have much of a choice. Had it been 10 degrees warmer it wouldn't have been so bad but everyone that was there knows it was cold.
That si really hard to stand outside in the cold for two hours waiting for a race to start. Did you train outdoors for your races?

We then run out of International Gateway and into the gondola station construction.
Where exactly is this? Were you offstage at this point? Did you run past the Epcot resorts?

That si really hard to stand outside in the cold for two hours waiting for a race to start. Did you train outdoors for your races?

Where exactly is this? Were you offstage at this point? Did you run past the Epcot resorts?
I trained mostly outdoors for the races except for the last week or so when it was negative temperatures outside. So I am used to running in the cold.

For the 5K we do not run past the Epcot resorts. The gondola station is right where that grassy area just outside the International Gateway was. Once entering the construction area we were offstage and we run backstage until entering back into World Showcase in Canada near the phone booths.

A full day in my favorite park!

After showering and getting everyone else up we were ready to head to Animal Kingdom! For those that don't know Animal Kingdom is my favorite WDW park. The immense detail and discovery you see in this park is unlike any other. Each time you visit this park you can have new and exciting experiences.

I forgot to mention earlier in this TR that I am a bit of a magicband collector. I currently have 18... yes I know... I had 7 with me on this trip. One for each day ;) Today's would be my Valley of Moara Pandora Magicband.

Animal Kingdom also has my favorite Christmas tree.

IMG_1702JPG.jpg

IMG_1703JPG.jpg

IMG_1705JPG.jpg

IMG_1708JPG.jpg

We would first meet Russell at his meet and greet however even with scanning the magicband our photos never showed up for this. This was the only time photos didn't show up this weekend.

After that we headed into It's Tough to be a Bug! I know not everyone likes this show but I always have.

IMG_1709JPG.jpg

IMG_1711JPG.jpg

IMG_1712JPG.jpg

IMG_1713JPG.jpg

IMG_1714JPG.jpg

I love taking photos of the animals carved in the Tree of Life. After the show we grabbed a quick snack at one of the carts in the area and headed towards Africa for our Kilimanjaro Safaris FP.

IMG_1716JPG.jpg

Continued in the next post...

We got to the FP entrance for the safari and saw a huge and I mean huge line outside the standby entrance. I had never seen the standby entrance that long. The line extended past Dawa bar. Thank god for FP. It also happened to be one of the busiest days I have ever seen at AK and that includes opening week of Pandora.

Anyways we were on the safari in roughly 10-15 minutes. This also happened to be one of the best safaris I have ever been on.

IMG_0867JPG.jpg

IMG_0887JPG.jpg

Hippos are my favorite animal. It turns out Disney announced a new baby hippo was born at AK today!

IMG_0895JPG.jpg

IMG_0907JPG.jpg

IMG_0915JPG.jpg

IMG_0922JPG.jpg

The Giraffes were all walking in a pack and happened to cross right in front of our vehicle and continue alongside. We got really close to them.

IMG_0936JPG.jpg

IMG_0950JPG.jpg

IMG_0960JPG.jpg

Continued in next post...

Lots of activity out on the savannah!

IMG_0967JPG.jpg

IMG_0971JPG.jpg

IMG_0980JPG.jpg

IMG_0987JPG.jpg

Baby Stella made her debut during Marathon Weekend 2017 so she is roughly a year old now.

IMG_1004JPG.jpg

IMG_1012JPG.jpg

First time I have ever seen the Cheetahs walking about.

IMG_1020JPG.jpg

Mr. Lion was up as well...

IMG_1049JPG.jpg

IMG_1065JPG.jpg

Continued in next post...

Attachments

• IMG_1028JPG.jpg
    IMG_1028JPG.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 6

IMG_1732JPG.jpg

IMG_1734JPG.jpg

After we turned the corner of the Lion area. The lion had gotten up and opened his mouth...

IMG_1072JPG.jpg

IMG_1079JPG.jpg

He began to roar!

Only problem is their roars are incredibly underwhelming. It sounded more like the lion puffing up a hair ball or something. The driver said she assumed we would be underwhelmed. Oh well it was very cool to see him moving around and making noises though!

That would conclude our safari. It was about noon and we were all hungry. Our ADR for Tiffins wasn't until 1PM but we decided to see if we could be seated early.

Up Next: Welcome back!

I love AK too! Great safari pics! That ride never gets old! You always get to see something new! Big roar or not those lions scare me! It’s tough to be bug is a favorite of mine too... although we have to bribe the kiddos as it still scares them! Looking forward to taking my nephews in April!

Awesome safari pics! That’s always such a great experience because it’s always different. Maybe the cooler temps led to more active animals? Or maybe you were in the right place at the right time. Either way, it worked in your favor!

I love AK too! Great safari pics! That ride never gets old! You always get to see something new! Big roar or not those lions scare me! It’s tough to be bug is a favorite of mine too... although we have to bribe the kiddos as it still scares them! Looking forward to taking my nephews in April!

Thanks! I have never been scared of lions but seeing how close they are I can see people being scared of them.

Awesome safari pics! That’s always such a great experience because it’s always different. Maybe the cooler temps led to more active animals? Or maybe you were in the right place at the right time. Either way, it worked in your favor!

Thanks! It could have been the cooler temps although I would think many of these animals are used to warmer temps being in Florida and their native homes. Whatever it was I enjoyed the extra activity!

Awesome reports!

I once heard the female lions on a sunset/nighttime safari and our driver stayed there for about a minute for us to listen. One of the best safari experiences ever.

Sorry your pictures never showed up for Russell. If you know roughly what time you took the photos and if you go to a photopass location, they can find the pictures. They can re-scan them onto your magic band or give you a photopass card. My friend and I had to do this for one of our meet and greet on our trip.

I'm looking forward to hear about the rest of your day in my favorite WDW park as well! :)

Awesome reports!

I once heard the female lions on a sunset/nighttime safari and our driver stayed there for about a minute for us to listen. One of the best safari experiences ever.

Sorry your pictures never showed up for Russell. If you know roughly what time you took the photos and if you go to a photopass location, they can find the pictures. They can re-scan them onto your magic band or give you a photopass card. My friend and I had to do this for one of our meet and greet on our trip.

I'm looking forward to hear about the rest of your day in my favorite WDW park as well! :)
I still have yet to do the safari at night.

I'll keep that in mind for any future photo pass mishaps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter