Double-sided receipts

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I charge a lot of things to my company where I work out of a remote office and have to scan them, and sometimes I need to deal with double-sided receipts. I get that they're kind of saving space, but it's kind of hard to scan them and prove they're the same receipt. Usually it's the totals on the front and the date/cashier/transaction number on the back.

If I get the same item, it's kind of hard for me to prove that it's a separate receipt since the front is identical if the purchased items are identical.

I don't think that I have ever seen a double sided receipt, and I know I have never been given one. But it does seem like it would be hard to prove if it was one receipt or 2 :(

Sprouts is the only place that I know of that does this, assume that others do as well. I can see how this would be frustrating if trying to submit it for reimbursement.

Our grocery has double sided receipts. I haven't had to submit an expense report in 15 years, but the company I worked for then wanted crazy detail on receipts, detail that many receipts did not have. Like they wanted to know specifically what you had to eat if they were picking up the check, down to what kind of beverage you had. And they capped tips at 15%. If you tipped more, it was on you.

Yes, it would be hard.
I think Sprouts is the only place I have seen them.

Sprouts is the only place that I know of that does this, assume that others do as well. I can see how this would be frustrating if trying to submit it for reimbursement.
That's where I went today although my purchase today wasn't expensed to the company. We can charge meals to our company before customer meetings, and sometimes we're in a hurry and just get a sandwich. Other things I can expense on my own taxes at a 50% basis. I don't think I technically need a receipt for small amounts, but I scan them anyways and stuff the receipts in a folder.

When I was a member, I remember Sam's Club locations often had double-sided receipts, although I think they always had date, register number, and transaction number on the front. The thing about Sprouts is that all that information is on the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter