Double Stroller Help

ElliottsMomma

Earning My Ears
Traveling to the world next month with my two sons who are age 6. One has a prosthetic leg and one is extremely small for his age so a double stroller is a must. I have a sit and stand but part of me thinks it might not be enough for one of my kids should be in the back because they could not nap there or lay back. Anybody have success using them? I looked at renting a double stroller but every single type I see is side-by-side which I know can be a pain in crowds and to get through doors and such. Does anyone know of a rental place that rents double stroller center front to back? What are your thoughts on the side-by-side like the city mini?

Don't do the Sit and Stand, I hated it for my kids in the parks. We go often and when I drive I bring our double Baby Jogger and it is so comfortable for me and them. Both kids can fully recline in the Mini and its not a massive as you think with the crowds, everyone has them because they are that amazing in the parks. I'm contemplating renting a double since Im flying in with the kids solo. My kids are 4, 6 and 8.

I have the city mini double and I love it. It folds up compactly and easily, lightweight, fits through most doorways and is roomy and comfortable for the kids. I also like the fact that the top of the stroller is big and protects kids from the sun well. I had a 2 yo and 6 yo in it on our trip last Nov/dec and it worked great. Bringing it again this year.

I have a sit and stand and I'm so glad I did not bring it. It would have been a pain. I rented a city mini double (side by side) and I liked it a lot. That was probably the most popular double stroller there. It folds up easily.

We are bringing our Double City Mini GT (side by side) with a glider board on the back. I am sure it would fit 6 year olds (particularly a small one) really well. I think the fold on it can be a little tricky though- will you have a second adult with you? If so, I'd recommend renting the City GT (or a double Bob, which I think may give even a bit more legroom? And I think personally Bobs fold easier)

In 2016, we went to WDW and primarily used a stand-sit double stroller.
In 2018, we left our stand-sit double stroller at home and rented the side-by-side Summit x3. (youngest kids 3 and 6).

Hands down, the side-by-side stroller is better. It is easier to get through crowds because it is easier to turn and easier to push. Two kids can rest easily.

Get a jogging type side by side stroller. They make most of them to fit through most doors now and they maneuver great. The front/back ones are horrible to push. And you will be mostly using them around the parks and your kids are old enough to park the stroller and have them get out and walk into the restaurants and gift shops if needed.

Another vote for Baby Jogger side by side stroller! We rented one from Kingdom Strollers and had no problems navigating through the crowds/doors. AND this was over New Year’s week when it was ugly crowded

Traveling to the world next month with my two sons who are age 6. One has a prosthetic leg and one is extremely small for his age so a double stroller is a must. I have a sit and stand but part of me thinks it might not be enough for one of my kids should be in the back because they could not nap there or lay back. Anybody have success using them? I looked at renting a double stroller but every single type I see is side-by-side which I know can be a pain in crowds and to get through doors and such. Does anyone know of a rental place that rents double stroller center front to back? What are your thoughts on the side-by-side like the city mini?
from what we have found the side by side are easier to do than the longer behind each other like sit stand. getting the sit stand thru lines as a stroller as wheelchair is a lot harder. also folding and carrying on buses the sit stand or front to back is a lot harder. for different reasons we had a side by side last trip and did buses whole trip. older child wanted to take bus home but that is another story. granted we had 4 adults but son in law folded and carried stroller on we got on first and got seated he place stroller in front of us then joined his family as we left bus he picked up stroller. by time we got off I take longer than most they were placing girls in stroller and we all were on our way. so yes there is a reason you are only finding side by side to rent. also if you plan on driving to parks esp MK you are going to have to us some form of transportation as walking is either far of not possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter