Double Stroller Recommendation 110-120+lbs

kittycat9

Mouseketeer
We're driving down to disney in Late November. Right now the boys weigh a combined 94lbs (just finished growth spurts). My oldest has mild CP, severe asthma, and has seizures when he overheats so I need a stroller handy for him. My younger is only 3yo and has sensory needs, so he needs a quiet place to sit for decompressing. Last year we bought a sit and stand for the trip there, and it was perfect, but alas - perfect doesn't last forever. So now I'm on the quest for a larger double stroller. That will hold closer to 120lbs, but 110 might work. I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money, and would buy used of course. Thoughts - suggestions?

Besides the weight, you will need to make sure the children are not too tall to fit.
From what I have read, there are not that many strollers that go up to 100 pounds or more.
The Maclaren Triumph goes to 110 pounds (up to 55 in each seat).
The Twin Techno also goes to 110 pounds.
I have read good things about Maclaren strollers over the years.
Maclaren also makes special needs strollers (Maclaren Major). They do have a double special needs stroller, but I only found it in British sites and it still only went to 110 pounds.

Baby Jogger also makes nice strollers, but looking at their website, none of their strollers go over 100 pounds. They also make special needs strollers that go up to 120 pounds, but those are all singles.

As far as I know, there is only one other company that makes a stroller with larger weight limit. The Mountain Buggy Urban Double Jogger holds up to 120 pounds, but I have not read much about it other than knowing it exists.

Besides the weight, you will need to make sure the children are not too tall to fit.
From what I have read, there are not that many strollers that go up to 100 pounds or more.
The Maclaren Triumph goes to 110 pounds (up to 55 in each seat).
The Twin Techno also goes to 110 pounds.
I have read good things about Maclaren strollers over the years.
Maclaren also makes special needs strollers (Maclaren Major). They do have a double special needs stroller, but I only found it in British sites and it still only went to 110 pounds.

Baby Jogger also makes nice strollers, but looking at their website, none of their strollers go over 100 pounds. They also make special needs strollers that go up to 120 pounds, but those are all singles.

As far as I know, there is only one other company that makes a stroller with larger weight limit. The Mountain Buggy Urban Double Jogger holds up to 120 pounds, but I have not read much about it other than knowing it exists.

I would definitely NOT recommend the Maclarens...I had the techno twin and the twin traveller (the predecessor to the techno twin) and they are VERY hard to manuever once the kids get to that weight. Right now, I have the Mountain Buggy Urban Double Jogger...it's hard to turn (you have to tip it back a little) but straightaways are SO easy to do. My kids total about 100 lbs now...55/45. It has bike wheels, so you do need to be prepared and have a tire pump in case you get a flat. Kind of a pain to have to think about, but it is SO much easier to drive than the Maclaren. I loved my Maclarens when the kids weighed less. I hope this helps you!

We're driving down to disney in Late November. Right now the boys weigh a combined 94lbs (just finished growth spurts). My oldest has mild CP, severe asthma, and has seizures when he overheats so I need a stroller handy for him. My younger is only 3yo and has sensory needs, so he needs a quiet place to sit for decompressing. Last year we bought a sit and stand for the trip there, and it was perfect, but alas - perfect doesn't last forever. So now I'm on the quest for a larger double stroller. That will hold closer to 120lbs, but 110 might work. I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money, and would buy used of course. Thoughts - suggestions?

Where are you driving from? If you live near a decent sized city, try Craigslist. Or if you are from the NY area, PM me...I will be done with mine by then and will sell it for a very good price!

Where are you driving from? If you live near a decent sized city, try Craigslist. Or if you are from the NY area, PM me...I will be done with mine by then and will sell it for a very good price!

Chicago - no where near NY, sadly :(
And we are narrowing in on going with a used MBUD because it holds up to 120lbs, but I've heard the frame is actually sturdier.

Have you thought about renting one? If this is the only thing you plan to use it for, you might be better off price wise, to just rent. I was looking at Orlando Stroller Rentals, until I found the stroller swap on the boards and signed up for that instead.

Have you thought about renting one? If this is the only thing you plan to use it for, you might be better off price wise, to just rent. I was looking at Orlando Stroller Rentals, until I found the stroller swap on the boards and signed up for that instead.

I'd rather buy a used (or new if I have to) and resell it, then just throw away on renting. We're driving - so it's really not an issue in that regard.

Chicago - no where near NY, sadly :(
And we are narrowing in on going with a used MBUD because it holds up to 120lbs, but I've heard the frame is actually sturdier.

The frame is very sturdy, but I would be careful going above that weight...we are at 100 (a little more with stuff underneath) and the wheels need to be well-inflated...when they lose a little air, it gets harder to move. All in all a GREAT stroller though...keep checking Craigslist!!! Good luck with your trip...the stroller is a lifesaver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter