Double Stroller vs. two single strollers?

LBurkhart

Earning My Ears
Hi! We will be heading to Disney World this fall for my 30th (EEK) birthday! It will be our first trip with two kids. My son will be 4.5 and my daughter will have just turned 1. My question is would you recommend taking our double stroller (graco sit and stand) or two smaller umbrella-like strollers? Our smaller strollers still recline and it will be my husband and I going.

Hi! We will be heading to Disney World this fall for my 30th (EEK) birthday! It will be our first trip with two kids. My son will be 4.5 and my daughter will have just turned 1. My question is would you recommend taking our double stroller (graco sit and stand) or two smaller umbrella-like strollers? Our smaller strollers still recline and it will be my husband and I going.
if your sit stand is like the one I had where front seat did not recline I would take the 2 singles. plus this also allows you to split up if needed or your son wants to do something different than the younger one

We went when our boys were 4 and 10 months. We liked them both in the double. My four year old didn’t always want to be in the stroller so we liked that the other parent could hold his hand in crowds instead of each pushing. Also it was nice to be able to take turns pushing... after a lot of walking it can drain you to be pushing too. We often took turns pushing while the other walked with a snack/drink, etc.

I have taken a split and stand for all 3 of my kids (older 2 were lightweights) and 2 strollers when I took the 2 kids (and the one growing in the tummy).

I didn’t mind 2. Dh and I both got to push, actually my parents were with us and my dad liked to push as well! We had a light weight graco that reclined (we aren’t stroller nappers), had a big canopy, large basket under it, a small tray and cup holders. We lived that thing! And we took the Jeep umbrella one which was great as well!

The sit and stand with all 3 kids on got heavy but it was easy to maneuver since it was narrow and wasn’t that long. But the front has the 25-30 pound 2 1/2 year old and the back had the 30 pound 5 year old and the 40 pound 7 year old (she got tired and fought her brother to sit so they shared the seat and were happy). But it was heavy going up the little hills, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter