Double your Trips, Double your Fun - June/September 2019 PTRs -No kids allowed!! *updated 6/7

Ugh the MIL drama sounds awful. Why agree to something if you can't do it! Oy.

But seriously, why the choice of the long shorts/capri pants on Mickey? And they're like wide legged gaucho looking things. Odd. Otherwise I think the outfits are AMAZING.

:rotfl::rotfl:I didn't notice that til now but you're right- very odd choice of outfit lol

**Alert, alert!!**

So many changes!!
Chapter Four - Throw it in the trash and start over

DyWfFsm.gif

Is the chapter title a hint?

so...this trip is now a solo adventure.

DH and I talked a lot about what solution we'd come to, with the in-laws : him going, me going, all of us going, me taking one kid, etc...

In the end, he came home after his final conversation with his mom and said he thought I should be the one to go, he didn't think he'd like to be there by himself for that many days. He spent three hours on the phone with Delta yesterday (we'd booked our flights using our free companion ticket), and by some miracle he was able to make the change to just a ticket for me, on the same flight, with only a $27 price difference. Originally they were going to force us to lose our companion ticket, buy a new ticket, AND pay a change fee. Luckily the third hour of the phone call was with a helpful person and we ended up getting to KEEP our companion ticket to use later!!

DM1gKsV.gif

I'm excited to still be going on the trip, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't upset that everything got turned upside down. We were really looking forward to going on this trip together and doing the Backstage Magic tour, our dinners, and all the other fun things we had planned

8zg8m7i.gif

But, in the words of Walt Disney, we must keep moving forward.

l44n1yG.gif

I have been sadly staring at my little Google sheet with carefully laid out days, and last night I cancelled most of our dinners and our Backstage Magic tour.

I also made some new daily plans, so I'll start over from the beginning I guess!

New Plans: Arrival Night

nothing new here actually, will still be on the same flight with a late arrival, so I'll keep the reservation at the MCO Hyatt

New Plans: Day One

This is a very different day now!! Because the tickets we'd bought for DH were day specific, we didn't have a park day for him. The original plans were pool/Boardwalk area and/or Disney Springs. Now it's a Magic Kingdom day for me.

I plan to get up fairly early to catch the Magical Express, go to the Yacht Club to drop off my bags and check in (I don't think a room will be ready, but as always, fingers crossed).

I'll bus over to the MK for my three fast passes:

Meet Mickey and Minnie 10:40 - 1140
Haunted Mansion 1210 - 110
Splash Mountain 110 - 210

and I also made a reservation for Skipper's Canteen at 3:30

The thought is I'll watch Festival of Fantasy after Splash Mountain, and then go eat some food. I'm planning to order my favorite thing, the cachapas appetizer, and then try the Kungaloosh dessert.

TgtRNhq.gif

After this I will probably slowly make my way out of the park and back to the Yacht Club to check out my room and get settled in. No plans for anything else, but I might just hang around the resort or wander into Epcot. We'll see.

New Plans: Day Two

I haven't changed everything for this day yet. It's still the same Epcot fast passes and everything. I did cancel the San Angel Inn lunch that DH had picked.

I also haven't decided if I'm going to keep the Rivers of Life Dessert Party (the first time I typed that I wrote rivers of dessert life party, LOL)

This is one of the days that will need the most work. I know I will take a much slower pace than originally thought, and I may or may not keep the American Adventure on the to do list, b/c DH and I do still intend to do the Backstage Magic tour at some point soon. I still plan on Frozen Ever After, Soarin', Living with the Land, Seas, and Spaceship Earth.

I will also pay more attention to character training times from Kenny the Pirate and try to finally see one of those.

New Plans: Day Three

Originally this was a planned Magic Kingdom day with a dinner at Shula's. Shula's has been cancelled, and I'm on the fence about whether or not to keep it a MK day...that's because JUST NOW I got confirmation that I won't be by myself for the whole week after all!!

@Raeven is able to get a day off work and come join me for the last couple of days of the trip!!

Because the two of us are planning to add in the Magic Kingdom Villains After Hours event on the 13th, I might pick a different park for day three.

That's all for now!!

That's so disappointing that your husband won't be able to go! I know you'll still enjoy your time in Disney, but it would've been special to share it with him. What can you do about his Disney ticket? Can you get some sort of refund?

Your adjusted plans appear to be well on their way. Your day at MK sounds great! I've not been to Skipper Canteen so I look forward to your review. I don't know if you've ever done the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land, but perhaps you could do a same-day sign up for that to somewhat take the place of your Backstage Magic Tour. It's a pretty low-key tour, but I really enjoyed it when I made a last-minute decision to add it on my last trip.

I'm glad you'll have a friend that can join you! It's nice to be able to do whatever you'd like solo, but it's also awesome to have a travel companion. I'm sure you'll have fun!

Very disappointing that your husband won't get to come with you but exciting for a solo trip for you!

We're doing the 6/13 Villains after hours also! I'm so excited for it.

Man :( I'm sorry DH is no longer coming, that's a real bummer. I know you will still have fun by yourself but still! And even better that you will have a companion at the end of the trip!!

Ah! DH and I will be at the Villains AH on 6/13! Maybe we'll see you both there!

It stinks that you had to change your plans but at least you still get to do Disney and still get some company!

That is a bummer about DH not being able to come. I fully understand the "daycare issues" Ugh.

I'm planning to order my favorite thing, the cachapas appetizer, and then try the Kungaloosh dessert.

TgtRNhq.gif
Sounds perfect to me!

(the first time I typed that I wrote rivers of dessert life party, LOL)
Ha! I am not sure if I would like a dessert party by myself...

Oh my goodness, talk about a change of plans!! What a bummer that things had to get so turned around. (Thanks a lot, MIL!) I'm sure you're still grieving for the trip that could have been. But I hope you'll still have a wonderful solo trip. And how awesome that Raeven can join you for some of it!!

That's so disappointing that your husband won't be able to go! I know you'll still enjoy your time in Disney, but it would've been special to share it with him. What can you do about his Disney ticket? Can you get some sort of refund?

Your adjusted plans appear to be well on their way. Your day at MK sounds great! I've not been to Skipper Canteen so I look forward to your review. I don't know if you've ever done the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land, but perhaps you could do a same-day sign up for that to somewhat take the place of your Backstage Magic Tour. It's a pretty low-key tour, but I really enjoyed it when I made a last-minute decision to add it on my last trip.

I'm glad you'll have a friend that can join you! It's nice to be able to do whatever you'd like solo, but it's also awesome to have a travel companion. I'm sure you'll have fun!

We're going to try and sweet talk them into letting us change it to other dates or something, or even upgrade it to an AP for him. I don't know if they'll do anything for us since we bought it at Sam's Club and not direct through Disney, so it might just be a loss.

I am excited about making the first day a quick trip to MK, just to get a little taste and do a few of my favorite things, and then go back to the resort and relax. Skipper's is one of my favorites, I think we've been there three times now? I usually order two apps there instead of an entree, so this time I'm ready to order one app and a dessert - i rarely order dessert, so it will feel like a treat for sure.

On my first solo trip, I was fine being alone, but toward the end I was ready for some company, so I think the timing of her arrival is going to be perfect and give me the best of both worlds

Very disappointing that your husband won't get to come with you but exciting for a solo trip for you!

We're doing the 6/13 Villains after hours also! I'm so excited for it.

I am really, really disappointed about that. We have decided that it must be for a reason, b/c everything has been falling into place easily for replacement plans. And now we just get to plan another trip...and find different people to watch the house/dogs/kids!

Oh yay!! That makes several of us at that event...if you see us definitely say hello!!

Man :( I'm sorry DH is no longer coming, that's a real bummer. I know you will still have fun by yourself but still! And even better that you will have a companion at the end of the trip!!

it's really sad :sad: I saw that new holiday things are being added to Animal Kingdom, so maybe we're supposed to go back for the holidays after all??

I'm still looking forward to it, it's just going to be so different.

Ah! DH and I will be at the Villains AH on 6/13! Maybe we'll see you both there!

It stinks that you had to change your plans but at least you still get to do Disney and still get some company!

We will all probably cross paths! If you see us say hello!!

Luckily the plan changes are going pretty smoothly, so I'm feeling positive!!

That is a bummer about DH not being able to come. I fully understand the "daycare issues" Ugh.

Sounds perfect to me!

Ha! I am not sure if I would like a dessert party by myself...

If the boys were just a couple years older it wouldn't be such a problem, and normally they would just go with their other grandparents (that they see pretty frequently), or those grandparents would come here, but they just happen to be traveling the same week. It's frustrating :sad1:

Ordering an app and dessert might be my go to order on this trip!

I talked to DH about that a lot yesterday. I think I could easily do the Happily Ever After party by myself, but the Rivers of Light one seems like it might be awkward alone. It's probably getting cancelled. I just can't bring myself to do it yet!

So sorry your couples trip had to completely change! I’m glad Delta was good about the flight change, they can be a pain at times!

How nice to have Raeven come down for a few days and the Villians DAH sounds really amazing!!

To let you know about SAB we found the area by the lazy river, hot tub, and bridge area was free of kids, we had a nice spot, just adults in that spot!

I’m glad you are still going!!

Oh my goodness, talk about a change of plans!! What a bummer that things had to get so turned around. (Thanks a lot, MIL!) I'm sure you're still grieving for the trip that could have been. But I hope you'll still have a wonderful solo trip. And how awesome that Raeven can join you for some of it!!

i'm a little bit filled with rage, to be honest, lol

i'm also looking forward to some time on my own to relax, and then when i start getting lonely and bored Raeven will come and save the day!

That stinks, yet, I'm slightly envious with your change in plans. (Yes I'm still here. I've been a major lurker lately on everyone's reports).

I hate that the MIL strikes again and he will miss out. However, I half solo, half girls trip makes me envious. I love my family and would miss them greatly ..... But..... I would love the chance at a short solo trip and/or a short girls trip. DH wouldn't have it though.

Needless to say - I'm sad for you but also happy that you're still getting to go ;)

I'm excited to still be going on the trip, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't upset that everything got turned upside down. We were really looking forward to going on this trip together and doing the Backstage Magic tour, our dinners, and all the other fun things we had planned
I am sorry to hear that everything has been turned upside down. At the same time solo trips are fun and exhilaraitng. I hope you and DH can plan another trip together soon.

This is a very different day now!! Because the tickets we'd bought for DH were day specific, we didn't have a park day for him. The original plans were pool/Boardwalk area and/or Disney Springs. Now it's a Magic Kingdom day for me.
A MK day to start is always the best!

eep it a MK day...that's because JUST NOW I got confirmation that I won't be by myself for the whole week after all!!

@Raeven is able to get a day off work and come join me for the last couple of days of the trip!!

Because the two of us are planning to add in the Magic Kingdom Villains After Hours event on the 13th, I might pick a different park for day three.
So, so fun! It'll be great to have time with a close friend as well!

I love your use of Ron Swanson gifs :rotfl:

that's because JUST NOW I got confirmation that I won't be by myself for the whole week after all!!

Woohoo! I'm so excited!

I'm also so excited for our after hours events! popcorn:: (that emoji is eating free popcorn at the after hours event like you will be)

Yes!

I think I could easily do the Happily Ever After party by myself, but the Rivers of Light one seems like it might be awkward alone. It's probably getting cancelled. I just can't bring myself to do it yet!

But if someone sits on you again it won't be awkward at all :rotfl:

Aw man, what a change! I can't imagine how disappointing it must have been to go from having a kid-free couples trip to a solo getaway. Both are nice in their own way, but when you're planning on one thing it can be hard to shift gears and prepare yourself for the other. I'm glad the airline let you keep your comp. ticket for another time, though!

I'll be in the MK and Epcot the same days as you, so I'll keep my eyes out and say hello if I spot you!

So sorry your couples trip had to completely change! I’m glad Delta was good about the flight change, they can be a pain at times!

How nice to have Raeven come down for a few days and the Villians DAH sounds really amazing!!

To let you know about SAB we found the area by the lazy river, hot tub, and bridge area was free of kids, we had a nice spot, just adults in that spot!

I’m glad you are still going!!

I was really afraid we were going to have to eat the cost of Matt's ticket and then pay again for me on top of it. SO grateful for the nice lady at the end who helped us out!!

I'm so excited she can come, and adding the Villains after hours will help soften the blow of cancelling some of the other stuff I had planned.

That is perfect info about SAB!! Thank you!

I'm glad I'm still going, too. Not quite the way I expected, but it will still be fun

That stinks, yet, I'm slightly envious with your change in plans. (Yes I'm still here. I've been a major lurker lately on everyone's reports).

I hate that the MIL strikes again and he will miss out. However, I half solo, half girls trip makes me envious. I love my family and would miss them greatly ..... But..... I would love the chance at a short solo trip and/or a short girls trip. DH wouldn't have it though.

Needless to say - I'm sad for you but also happy that you're still getting to go ;)

Hii!! I'm a frequent lurker too, I get it!

There is definitely a part of me that's happy to go solo again, and I'm grateful DH is supportive of it!!

I am sad too, I probably will be until we get some plans in place for a do over trip!!

I am sorry to hear that everything has been turned upside down. At the same time solo trips are fun and exhilaraitng. I hope you and DH can plan another trip together soon.

A MK day to start is always the best!

So, so fun! It'll be great to have time with a close friend as well!

I did love my first solo trip, and this one will be good too...your TR was really carrying me through my disappointment the other day, for sure!!

I think it will be the perfect way to start the trip. I don't think I've ever started a trip there, can you believe it??

Definitely grateful she is coming to keep me company!

I love your use of Ron Swanson gifs :rotfl:

Woohoo! I'm so excited!
I'm also so excited for our after hours events! popcorn:: (that emoji is eating free popcorn at the after hours event like you will be)

Yes!

But if someone sits on you again it won't be awkward at all :rotfl:

Ron was speaking to my soul ::yes::

We're going to have so much fun! Free popcorn, Mickey bars, and diet coke to keep me awake :rotfl::rotfl:

so much awkwardness with the seating!! I think i've finally decided to cancel that party :(

Aw man, what a change! I can't imagine how disappointing it must have been to go from having a kid-free couples trip to a solo getaway. Both are nice in their own way, but when you're planning on one thing it can be hard to shift gears and prepare yourself for the other. I'm glad the airline let you keep your comp. ticket for another time, though!

I'll be in the MK and Epcot the same days as you, so I'll keep my eyes out and say hello if I spot you!

Ugh, yes, a big change. Frustrating, but trying to focus on the positives. I really think that as soon as we get new dates picked, some of my disappointment will lessen. But it's been a rollercoaster of emotions, which i guess is dramatic given the circumstances (just a trip after all, but STILL!!), but it's the best way i can describe it.

Oh please do say hello if you see me!!

We're going to try and sweet talk them into letting us change it to other dates or something, or even upgrade it to an AP for him. I don't know if they'll do anything for us since we bought it at Sam's Club and not direct through Disney, so it might just be a loss.
I always forget to check on pre-trip-reports!

Oh, for the park ticket - you should be relatively ok! You will need to go to GS, and if the days you do decide to visit are more expensive, then pay the difference. I don't know how it works with Fastpasses, like if you can still book them, or if it's like the expired tickets, where you can't do it online until visiting Guest Services. If you end up not being able to prebook FPs, then you can maybe sweet-talk the GS people to try and get some anytime FPs to match up to your prebooked ones?

But basically, you always keep the value of your tickets even if they expire or you bought from someone else. (You actually sometimes get a benefit from buying from a 3rd party, because they don't know how much you actually paid or when you bought it, so if there was a price increase, then you can get credit for the new price. If you buy it from Disney, they know exactly how much you paid.)

Hello everyone!!

Today was my last school event of the year (8th grade celebration and cookout) and tomorrow is the last day of the school year (and I have to go get my eyes dilated at the eye dr)...so that means I'll be coming back Thursday to get another update in!! And learn how to post things with the new board format, LOL!

Getting your eyes dilated is WEIRD, guys. I am not a fan!! Unfortunately I have to go back in six months to do it again to make sure what the dr saw yesterday is just my normal and nothing to be concerned about.

So yesterday was the last day of school. No more middle school for us, we're all in at the high school now. I still haven't quite wrapped my mind around that. Maybe I'm in denial!!

JwbaGAw.gif

It was a last day of school we won't forget for a long time - we ended up under a tornado warning in the middle of the day and all of the schools had to go into storm lockdown and shelter in place. I was home (which is close to both schools) and texted the kids to make sure they were fine. Then our power went out for an hour. Fun times.

Let's see, what else is going on around here?

DH and I went to see Brightburn last weekend, and I loved it. All four of us are going to see Godzilla tonight, and we're hoping it's fun. The seats were almost all sold out for our show, so it will be a packed house. Our favorite theater has recliners and you choose your seat when you buy your tickets. We got the last seats not in the front two rows, so I bought them just in time.

On the Disney front, I am 10 days away!! Strange to think tomorrow is single digit day!!

Chapter Five: Me Party

kzCBuVy.gif

I feel like when I left off last time, I was on the fence about June 11 being an MK day or not. As of right now, I'm keeping it an MK day. I had to go through and cancel DH's fast passes, which was pretty depressing.

uojEkZi.gif

But if we're looking on bright sides, I was able to get a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train fast pass for just me on this day!

I have passes for 7DMT, Buzz Lightyear, and Haunted Mansion. Everything else about the day is going to stay the same as it was planned when DH was supposed to be with me: Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, Small World, and People Mover in addition to the FPs.

I do not have any dining reservations made for this day, I think I will decide day of.

The next day will be June 12, and I plan to spend it at Animal Kingdom. One good thing about being by myself means I can get up early and get out of the room without worrying about anyone but myself. Depending on how I feel, I *might* try to rope drop Flight of Passage so I can finally see the standby queue. I have a pass later in the afternoon for Navi River Journey, so the best use of any wait time will definitely be in line for FOP.

I plan to hit my fast passes (River Journey, Safari, Everest) in addition to the Chip and Dale dino suit meet and greet, the Up bird show, and maybe Dinosaur. I'm going to kind of go where the wind takes me on this day.

One thing I did add is a dinner reservation at Flying Fish!! I already know I want to order the sea bass - This is one of my most anticipated events of the whole trip.

The next update will be more exciting...it will cover the day of Raeven's arrival and our addition of the MK after hours villain event!!

c9h57KW.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter