Double your Trips, Double your Fun - June/September 2019 PTRs -No kids allowed!! *updated 6/7

Nothing like a tornado warning to finish up the school year with a bang.

We also have Fastpasses for 7DMT on the 11th; they seemed to be fairly easy to get compared to years ago when it was the hot button pass.

It's still a bummer that your trip unexpectedly became a solo traveler, but you're right. There are some perks to not having to wait around for anyone else in the morning and or worrying about what someone else wants to do. You get to decide the morning of the 12th whether you feel like rope dropping DAK or not.

Omg it's crazy how close you are! The plans for those 2 days sound great!

So I realized this morning that I was already in single digits b/c i leave next saturday, LOL!!

I'm starting to get more excited again!!

Nothing like a tornado warning to finish up the school year with a bang.

We also have Fastpasses for 7DMT on the 11th; they seemed to be fairly easy to get compared to years ago when it was the hot button pass.

It's still a bummer that your trip unexpectedly became a solo traveler, but you're right. There are some perks to not having to wait around for anyone else in the morning and or worrying about what someone else wants to do. You get to decide the morning of the 12th whether you feel like rope dropping DAK or not.

It was at lunchtime too, so for some of the schools it was really an ordeal to get everyone to their safe zones.

I wasn't planning to get one for 7D, but when I was moving things around and cancelling DH's, one popped up. I've never had a hard time getting them, and you're right - it's a lot easier now to find one, especially day of!! I think the ride is too short to ride standby, so it's FP or nothing for me, LOL!!

I'm finally getting excited again, and ready to just chill out for a few days. This year has been a hard one, so I plan to relish the alone time and being able to do what I want. Curious how it'll be by myself at the YC - last time I was solo I stayed at AKL which was perfect for a relaxing trip (but i hate relying on buses alone)

Math is hard. Turns out I am already in single digits, I'm just too distracted to notice. I leave a week from tomorrow o_O (lol, these new emojis!)

CAiRd6T.gif

Eight days, what??

I really need to keep this thing moving!!

Chapter Five: A friend arrives

(by the way, I totally googled the hex code so I could go back to my beloved hot pink chapter titles)

xrujXny.gif

We're at the point when Raeven arrives! Woo!!

I'll be alone for most of this day, since her flight comes in later in the afternoon. I think I'm going to go get my hair French braided at the salon on this morning, because we'll be out late and I don't want to look terrible in all our pictures. I might do this on a couple of different mornings, actually.

I've also considered going over to DHS on this morning to ride Tower of Terror a couple of times. It's my favorite, and aside from the DHS after hours the following night, I don't have any other Hollywood Studios time planned. I know the wait times have been awful b/c only half the ride is running, but if I'm by myself I don't mind so much. If I rope drop DHS, I can ride probably twice without a problem, and then go back for my hair appointment.

I'm going to try and nap and/or just spend the day by the pool. Why so lazy?? Because I have to stay awake for the Villains After Hours event!!

My normal routine is washing my face around 8:45pm, and in bed by 9:00 to watch two or three episodes of Frasier, and then calling it at 10pm. We're trying to push everything back now that it's summer, so I'm in sleep training this week to survive WDW, lol!!

Anyway, this will be as relaxed a start to the day as possible for me!!

Once Raeven gets to the YC, our night of scary fun can begin!

8I4QnfP.gif

After she gets settled, right now the plan is to head to Disney Springs for food before making our way to the Magic Kingdom

I have no villain themed clothing, so maybe I should do some online shopping!! I have a plain black swing dress in lightweight fabric I might end up wearing. Black is villainy, right?? (if that's the case, then I'm always dressed as one :rotfl:) I'm disappointed they aren't doing any special meet and greets, but I'm glad there's special merch and I'm excited to see the Maleficent dragon just randomly rolling around.

**A lot of disboarders will be at the After Hours on this night, so please say hello if you see us!!!**
The next day is going to involve another late night at the DHS After Hours event. I was able to transfer DH's ticket to Raeven, and I'm so glad the ticket was able to be used and that I wouldn't miss this event. Raeven does not like Tower of Terror, but I will have to ride at least once before the night is over.

Our priority will be Toy Story Land, though. It will be Raeven's first time seeing it!!

xz1wnTa.gif

But first, we have some things we'll be doing during the day before that! Our morning will start with some character fun at Cape May breakfast (I'd planned to do this with DH, and then kept it when I thought I'd be solo, so I am happy this is how we'll start our day)

We're going to go to MK (FPs for Splash, Big Thunder, and meeting Mickey and Minnie), then heading back to our resort area for dinner at Il Mulino (we felt like we needed something fancy thrown in there!!), and then it will be time for DHS and more late night snacking. Free Mickey bars :dogdance::dogdance:

Will I survive two late nights in a row??? Time will tell. More later and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Sounds like a nice start to your day before Raeven gets there! I cannot wait to hear about the Villains After Hours!!

I love Cape May's breakfast, I'm glad you're still doing it! So exciting that you'll be doing the DHS After Hours too!!

DH and I went to see Brightburn last weekend, and I loved it.

I love that you loved it because we did too :p

Math is hard. Turns out I am already in single digits, I'm just too distracted to notice. I leave a week from tomorrow o_O (lol, these new emojis!)

Math is the worst :rotfl: but yay one day closer! One week by the time you see this!

(by the way, I totally googled the hex code so I could go back to my beloved hot pink chapter titles)

Yeah, I had to get the hex codes for my colors too :laughing:

We're at the point when Raeven arrives! Woo!!

:cheer2:

I think I'm going to go get my hair French braided at the salon on this morning,

Ooo I can't wait to see how that comes out! I've always wanted to do that.

I'm going to try and nap and/or just spend the day by the pool. Why so lazy?? Because I have to stay awake for the Villains After Hours event!!

:rotfl:

My normal routine is washing my face around 8:45pm, and in bed by 9:00 to watch two or three episodes of Frasier, and then calling it at 10pm. We're trying to push everything back now that it's summer, so I'm in sleep training this week to survive WDW, lol!!

Lol yes you're in stay up late training!

Once Raeven gets to the YC, our night of scary fun can begin!

Yes!

I have no villain themed clothing, so maybe I should do some online shopping!! I have a plain black swing dress in lightweight fabric I might end up wearing. Black is villainy, right?? (if that's the case, then I'm always dressed as one :rotfl:) I'm disappointed they aren't doing any special meet and greets, but I'm glad there's special merch and I'm excited to see the Maleficent dragon just randomly rolling around.

Black is villainy, I think a lot of the villains wear black. In Coven all the witches always wore black. :laughing: I'm excited for the special merch and snacks! I do think it's kind of funny there's a float just randomly rolling around though :rotfl:

**A lot of disboarders will be at the After Hours on this night, so please say hello if you see us!!!**

Yes!

Raeven does not like Tower of Terror, but I will have to ride at least once before the night is over.

And I will go through the queue :rotfl:

Our priority will be Toy Story Land, though. It will be Raeven's first time seeing it!!

xz1wnTa.gif

Aw, I'm like a little penguin seeing TSL for the first time ::yes::

Our morning will start with some character fun at Cape May breakfast (I'd planned to do this with DH, and then kept it when I thought I'd be solo, so I am happy this is how we'll start our day)

Very excited for this!

Il Mulino (we felt like we needed something fancy thrown in there!!),

We're very fancy. :dancer:

Ah! DH and I will be at the Villains AH on 6/13! Maybe we'll see you both there!
I am leaving my family behind and going with another TA in my agency who is also leaving her family behind, so maybe we will run into you. My dental hygienist is also going this night. I discovered this when she cleaned my teeth on Tuesday. LOL
We also have Fastpasses for 7DMT on the 11th
We will be at MK on the 11th (PM anyway) also though we aren't doing 7DMT. We have EMM booked for another day and I have to bribe my kids (7 & 5) to do it once a trip.
So I realized this morning that I was already in single digits b/c i leave next saturday, LOL!!
So do we! I need to message you my schedule since I don't know if I am going to get it up on my PTR before I leave. No, I'm going to....I think I can, I think I can.....
Because I have to stay awake for the Villains After Hours event!!
Not sure if you saw my reply to your facebook reply but I'll be there too!! We need to meet up for a photo! And you are right...so many people are going to that event! My dental hygienist is as well....lol.

Yay for single digits! I'm debating on doing the DHS after hours the night after Villains after hours also but not sure if we'll survive both! :rotfl:

Not sure if you saw my reply to your facebook reply but I'll be there too!! We need to meet up for a photo! And you are right...so many people are going to that event! My dental hygienist is as well....lol.

That's hilarious that your dental hygienist will be there too, LOL!! I'll probably send you my phone number in a message on here or facebook to text just in case (b/c I am notoriously bad at not seeing facebook alerts!!) - we should definitely get a photo!!

Yay for single digits! I'm debating on doing the DHS after hours the night after Villains after hours also but not sure if we'll survive both! :rotfl:

LOL, I'm so scared I'm going to collapse. It'll be a Weekend at Bernie's situation, haha!!!!

That's hilarious that your dental hygienist will be there too, LOL!!
It is funny...though she is as big a Disney nerd as we are!
I'll probably send you my phone number in a message on here or facebook to text just in case (b/c I am notoriously bad at not seeing facebook alerts!!) - we should definitely get a photo!!
Sounds good!

Good morning!!

Wow, I'm cutting it close in getting this thing caught up, aren't I??

Chapter Seven: Two More Sleeps!!

Well, the title says it all. Two more sleeps until I'm in Orlando!! Night one is at the MCO Hyatt, so I guess I'm three sleeps to ACTUAL Disney, but still. They sell Disney stuff in the airport so I'm saying it counts.

Last weekend DH and I took a little day trip about an hour away to a town called Eureka Springs (if you follow anything haunted or ghost related, you've probably heard of it - home of the "world's most haunted hotel" - which I've stayed in, btw - and just a pretty awesome place altogether.)

We didn't do anything ghosty this time, but we did get the most glorious coffee drink ever:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89161658@N04/

It was called the Alpine White Mocha and was amaretto, white chocolate, about a gallon of whipped cream (which i usually leave off at other coffee places, but come on, I had to keep this!) topped with white choc drizzle and slivered almonds. I'm sure it was about 5 million calories and worth every one of them.

We also went to a place I've always wanted to visit there, the Blue Springs heritage site. Where we live is home to parts of the Trail of Tears, and this park had some of it, too. It's a natural spring, and so beautiful.

This is the stained glass on the roof of a gazebo along the path:

The water is naturally that blue, it's so pretty!

There is a rocky overhang where the Native Americans sheltered for approximately nine days on their trip along the Trail of Tears. A moss growth on the ceiling looked like Sasquatch to me, LOL:

It was a beautiful day, but very warm, and made me fully realize that I am going to DIE IN THE HEAT in Florida.

On the way home we stopped for a second to check out Inspiration Point

I am still bitter about DH not being able to come with me on this trip, so even though it wasn't anything major, we enjoyed our nature day!

On the trip front...

I had my hair done. Here is a VERY awkward photo taken from my jeep about five minutes after it was finished.

It's actually darker in person, but every picture I take makes it look light. It has a rose gold toner on the highlights that's really pretty, but will eventually fade away to plain blonde. I wasn't sure if I was ready to commit to rosy hair so she thought it would be a good compromise.

Usually in my PTRs I show some of the things I have bought for my trip. I didn't actually buy much Disney specific this time around, but I do have a couple of things to show.

If you followed my NYE ptr I showed a long sleeve purple shirt from a local company that was Disney-fied. I bought the short sleeve version for this trip:

And I also ordered this from Once Upon Apparel:

The pictures are obviously not great, I snapped them really quickly this morning about five minutes before I started typing this up, LOL. I think I ordered this one about a month ago. I love it!!

Finally, yesterday at Target I found these on clearance:

Simba slippers!! I have Stitch ones, but hey clearance is clearance!! Since Yacht Club has hard floors, I wanted them b/c I don't like dirt on hard floors getting on my feet. My house is wood floors and tile and I always have to have slippers or flip flops on b/c we have so much dog hair on everything (four dogs...no matter how much I clean and run the roomba, there's always dog hair around)

Let's see...what's left to talk about?? Oh, the last couple daily plans!

The next day up is the day Raeven has to leave :sad: We have Wine Bar George brunch planned, and then the time before her flight will be spent at Epcot. I think our FPs are for Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and Figment. We will do as much as we can before she has to catch the Magical Express. I'm not sure what I'll do after she leaves...I might go see a nighttime show somewhere. I'll also need to pack and have my bags ready to go b/c my ME will pick me up pretty early in the morning, and I'll need to take my bags down to RAC.

I land mid-afternoon, and will make the hour drive home.

That's it, that's all! Trip complete!

Finished! Daily plans all up, woohoo!! I'll start packing tomorrow at some point...as always I'm pretending that part does not exist. I hate packing!! It's probably the most stressful thing for me.

I'll probably pop back in a few times between now and departure time Saturday, b/c I'll be so anxious.

Happy Thursday, Friends!!

Looks like a beautiful trip last weekend!

Love how your hair came out!

Your last day sound fun, even though I know it will be sad too!

Yay for being only a few sleeps away!:banana:

Your hair looks so pretty!

I love those shirts- especially the haunted mansion one.

Have a great trip!!

Well, the title says it all. Two more sleeps until I'm in Orlando!!

One more after tonight! :cheer2:

The water is naturally that blue, it's so pretty!

It is!

A moss growth on the ceiling looked like Sasquatch to me, LOL:

It does! Time to call Rob Lowe because we have a Sasquatch here :rotfl:

It was a beautiful day, but very warm, and made me fully realize that I am going to DIE IN THE HEAT in Florida.

It's still not even hot in NY yet. I will die with you :lmao:

Simba slippers!! I have Stitch ones, but hey clearance is clearance!! Since Yacht Club has hard floors, I wanted them b/c I don't like dirt on hard floors getting on my feet.

Good idea! I need to remember to bring my slippers. I feel the same way about the hard floors.

The next day up is the day Raeven has to leave :sad:

:sad:

We have Wine Bar George brunch planned, and then the time before her flight will be spent at Epcot. I think our FPs are for Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and Figment.

But I'm so excited for this brunch and Epcot!

Looks like a beautiful trip last weekend!

Love how your hair came out!

Your last day sound fun, even though I know it will be sad too!

Yay for being only a few sleeps away!:banana:

It was such a beautiful day...except when we were walking trails and the reality of how hot it was set in, LOL!!

I really like the color of my hair, although it seems dark at the roots in front (my hair grows in white at my part :sad2: so she has to go all in with the dye there, LOL) to me, which makes it look weird when I put it up (in my opinion. in reality no one else probably notices, but it's all I can focus on)

Tomorrow, tomorrow!! I'm anxious and nervous, and I still haven't started packing...but I have all day, right?? :rotfl:

Have a great trip. Safe travels :)

Thank you!!

Beautiful pictures!
I love your hair, so pretty!

Have fun on your trip!!

Thank you! It was just different enough to make me feel like I did something new, haha!!

I'm excited!

Have a great trip!!

Thanks! I have high hopes!!

Your hair looks so pretty!

I love those shirts- especially the haunted mansion one.

Have a great trip!!

Thank you! I'm happy with how it came out

As soon as I saw the HM one I immediately bought it. I think it's one of my favorite small shop shirts I've seen!

One more after tonight! :cheer2:

It is!

It does! Time to call Rob Lowe because we have a Sasquatch here :rotfl:

It's still not even hot in NY yet. I will die with you :lmao:

Good idea! I need to remember to bring my slippers. I feel the same way about the hard floors.

:sad:

But I'm so excited for this brunch and Epcot!

Ah, i know!! It still doesn't feel real! (it never does for me until I land at MCO, honestly)

Rob Lowe can ABSOLUTELY come here to look for Sasquatch. I will help ::yes::

Wednesday here was brutal and Florida-esque. Yesterday it rained allllll day. Today, so far, more rain. It's supposed to stop this afternoon and get gross and hot. Then, while we're gone? it's supposed to be like mid-70s and nice. While we're busy dying :rotfl:

I'm weirdly excited to wear my simba slippers in my disney room, LOL!!!

the brunch looks so good. I'm happy we get to try it now and not wait until Sept!!

It's Friday!!!! :dogdance::dogdance:

I should be packing.

I am not.

Instead I'm snuggling with dogs and watching my long time imaginary boyfriend Rafael Nadal win the semifinals of the French Open. It's raining out, what else should I be doing??

Oh yeah. Laundry. And PACKING. But if there's one thing I do well, it's procrastinate!

bf53rAR.gif

I think I have everything I need, and we'll do one more shopping trip tonight just in case. My flight tomorrow leaves around 4ish, and the airport I'm leaving from is around an hour away. The town where it's located has been dealing with major flooding, and the water has finally started to recede from the river overflowing, but now we've had two more days of rain so I'm a little nervous.

Moving ahead to September...

4jcYX4M.gif

the tickets for Halloween Horror Nights went on sale yesterday. I plan to buy those once I get back from WDW. I was struggling to decide what kind of regular tickets to buy, but I guess it's a no brainer - An annual pass is only $55 more than a three-day park to park ticket. I mean, that kind of makes the decision an easy one, doesn't it?

I *might*, depending on how adventurous I feel, go over to US/IOA one evening this week and buy the AP so I can get the discount on my HHN tickets.

That trip brings a whole new host of issues...what will I WEAR???

Lj5eidi.gif

I need to find some Universal appropriate things!! And since we're doing a MNSSHP, do I need a new costume or should I just wear my Minnie outfit from two years ago?

These are the really hard questions in life, folks :rotfl::rotfl:

wgdRyz0.gif

Ok, ok...I need to stop killing time and actually accomplish some goals I guess. Have a great Friday and I'll see you real soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter