Doubletree VS Residence Inn, WWYD??

luckycharliegirl

Mouseketeer
Hoping to get some opinions as to which is a better choice of hotel to visit DC, SW, and Aquatica, especially in terms of walking distance. I've read a few other threads and looked at maps, as well. Just looking for different opinions if anyone has stayed at either and walked to all or some of the SeaWorld parks. Thanks.

Walking distance the Doubletree would definitely be better. There is a gate at the back of the property that basically dumps you out right at the edge of SeaWorld property (it is a parking lot across the street, it seems to be used for employee parking and during busy times they will park guests there, it was in use during Christmas week). You walk through the parking lot, cross the street using a cross walk and a walk signal, and then follow the path to the main entrance.

Doubletree is also closer to Aquatica, you can use the same method to cross the street and then you turn towards I Drive and can walk to the entrance of Aquatica, again there are cross walks and lights across I Drive. This is a longer walk than going to SeaWorld but a much shorter walk than if you started from Residence.

Discovery Cove might actually be a little bit closer to Residence but I am assuming you would only spend one day there, while you would spend at least 2 days at the other parks combined.

Thank you. Doubletree costs less, too, so I think that's what I'll book. I appreciate your help and will definitely use that gate :)

If you go to Google maps and start zooming in under Satellite view on the Doubletree property go to the lower left hand side. it is hard to make out but there is a little driveway, you can see that it is a different color than the grass on both sides although exactly what it is may be hard to see. That is the gate, you may just be able to see the shadow of the gate itself, although I am not sure I have ever see that closed (maybe later at night)

You can follow up past the Visit Orlando Parking Garage until you get to Sea Harbor Drive, cross that, and you are right in the parking lot of SeaWorld.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!