• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dove Body Refreshers

mrsapalm

<font color=FF0099>WDWWDS COO & Senior Exec. VP<fo
Has anyone tried them yet? I bought a pack, but haven't used them. I'm wondering how good they will work in the Disney heat & humidity. I always need to freshen up midday, but don't always have the chance to go back to the room to do so. Do I need to reapply deodorent after using one? Help!! How do you stay fresh and unstinky?
-MrsAPalm

Yes, they are wipes that come in a package but aren't individually wrapped.
-MrsAPalm

I think if I used them then I would worry about re-applying deordorant and sunscreen. But they do sound like a good idea if you are in the parks all day in the summer and you just cannot get back to the resort to freshen up for dinner.
K

We have used baby wipes for years for the same purpose. I agree about re-applying deo/sunscreen after "freshening" up! I think they'll do a good job, and would be a nice cool off! Ren

I thought of WDW when I saw these too. Maybe I'm strange, but I took a little tiny sample size of stick deoderant this last trip in May when it was so hot, and I washed and re-applied once a day. I felt so much better....especially when I was in line at he Dumbo ride and some others were not smelling so fresh.....:)

I kept the deoderant in a sandwich bag with my extra two bottles of ice in a little cooler bag that I had in my backpack, so it never melted.

We always keep biore wipes in the backpack, deodorant samples in the fanny pack, and the lil individually packed wipes (like you get at bbq places) in the fanny pack for that reason.

They say Southern women don't sweat -- they glow. Uhm, I sweat like a horse. I also bring spare socks and *blush* unmentionables for the backpack in case it is a scorcher.

All the deluxe hotels have thick washclothes in their lobby bathrooms if you need some help and forgot yours. One of our best days at the World -- so hot we were definitely getting on each others nerves. I am sure that never happens to anyone else! Headed to Beaches & Cream hoping to cool of tempers. Washed up, sat down in the rockers for a few minutes and headed back out.

Thanks for all of your input!
MissingMickey - I'm right there with ya... I don't "glow" when I'm hot, I sweat like a stuck pig ... soooo attractive for DH. I just don't want to be "that person" that everyone else in line sniffs at and makes a yucky face, 'cause I have to admit I've done that a time or two;) !
My problem is hyperhidrosis, though, so it's a lot harder for me to just "cool off and dry out," because I'm always sweating. So, I use Certain Dri and have to use deo. to keep everything sweet-smelling.
If anyone else has any tips, please keep 'em coming!
-MrsAPalm

I keep the Shower to Shower cloths in my desk at work for hot summer days when I come in from lunch feeling all hot and sweaty. They're really good and do make you feel a little fresher. I also like the idea about the sample size of deodorant. If I can use a little deodorant and brush my teeth in the middle of a hot day, I feel a little better.

Iowa, great idea on the sample deods. ellyn, I also like the idea of shower to shower cloths! We're heading out in the heat of summer and I'm gathering ideas to keep fresh feeling.

Hello-

I just returned from taking high school youth across the country and we LOVED those dove refreshers!

Although we didn't have to deal with Florida humidity, we did deal with the Dakotas, Montana, and Washington that offered us 90 degree heat. It was a church mission trip so we didn't have showers. Those little cloths were so refreshing and an ample size for wiping down. I liked the light scent that lingered afterwards. My male companions did not concur.

Always re-apply the deoderant. I have stumbled onto a crystal deoderizing spray that I just love! It really helps keep the sweat factor down. Although I tend to prefer a more fresh scent and it doesn't leave a scent so I back it up with my normal deoderant too. Never can be "too" fresh.

Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter