Downward trend in runDisney?

Agree with all of these points! I did the last Expedition Everest race and had so much fun!!!

I also wish they would get rid of the "I did it" merch!!

I don't think they need to get rid of it but sell it at the finish line or in the expo after the race is run. The marathon weekend half "I did it" should not be available on Friday because you didn't do it yet.

I don't think they need to get rid of it but sell it at the finish line or in the expo after the race is run. The marathon weekend half "I did it" should not be available on Friday because you didn't do it yet.
I kind of agree but from a business perspective I think they sell more of it at the expo than they would at the finish. I don’t think the store at the finish gets nearly the traffic the expo store gets.

I kind of agree but from a business perspective I think they sell more of it at the expo than they would at the finish. I don’t think the store at the finish gets nearly the traffic the expo store gets.

If people knew the only place to get the "I Did It" shirts was at the finish line you might see way more people there. In that way it could drive traffic to it.

If people knew the only place to get the "I Did It" shirts was at the finish line you might see way more people there. In that way it could drive traffic to it.
Possibly but I also think people don’t carry money on them during races. Yes magicbands however not everyone wants to charge to their room that way. The expo is kind of the best option.

It sells well so I don't see that happening.

I don't mind having the "I Did It" stuff as an option for people to buy, regardless of when. My complaint is why do you have to plaster "I Did It" on just about everything! When I started running rD races, you had the I Did It shirts and then you had all the other merchandise for the race distances and weekend. Over the last few years, it seems like they've extended I Did It to just about everything. I love the car decals, but I don't want an I Did It all over it.

I don't mind having the "I Did It" stuff as an option for people to buy, regardless of when. My complaint is why do you have to plaster "I Did It" on just about everything! When I started running rD races, you had the I Did It shirts and then you had all the other merchandise for the race distances and weekend. Over the last few years, it seems like they've extended I Did It to just about everything. I love the car decals, but I don't want an I Did It all over it.
Yeah I can understand that for sure.

At both the NY and Chicago marathon, they have Marathon Monday. The day after the race they have essentially a mini expo and that's where all the "finisher" merchandise is revealed.

There's a store at the finish line?

(Said by someone who has done the weekend three times and never visited it! hahaha)

Wonder how many people out of each race even know the store exists at the finish. Maybe if they moved it closer to the reunion area from wherever it is more people would stop. To be honest I am with John VN - buying something post finish before hydration and shower is not on my to do list.

I agree, less I Did It on everything would be great. I like it on the shirt but would rather it not on everything else. Smack dab in the middle of my headband makes me people who don't know what it is confused I've found.

I go in the merch. tent after (it's easy to find I think) but I feel like people are just wandering aimlessly in there or maybe that's just me. I like to check out what's left but haven't made an extra purchase at it as I'll buy everything at the expo. My delirious post marathon brain doesn't always work to shop.

8-time Marathon Weekender and one time Star Wars weekender with 28 finishes in that span; you can add me to the list of people who had no idea there was a merch tent in the finishing area.

I don’t know if that speaks more to my one-track shower focused mind or the inconspicuous placement of the merch tent.

I've never run a marathon, but I can tell that my brain is significantly stupider after even a 5K. As much as I'd like to think I'd buy finisher merchandise after the race, I think the reality is that I'd either space it completely or feel like I shouldn't shop because I would know my brain was incapable of making good financial decisions.

Possibly but I also think people don’t carry money on them during races. Yes magicbands however not everyone wants to charge to their room that way. The expo is kind of the best option.

I agree - between the fact I don't generally carry money/credit cards during a race, and the fact I didn't even know there was a merch tent at the finish, that's not a good option for Disney trying to sell finisher gear. I do wish they'd either keep the expo open until Sunday or Monday, or set up a pop-up merch location at someplace central like Disney Springs. Runners can be a superstitious bunch, and I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few Disney runners who want to buy the "I Did It!" gear but won't until they've actually finished their races. It's not like Disney to miss an opportunity like that.

I agree - between the fact I don't generally carry money/credit cards during a race, and the fact I didn't even know there was a merch tent at the finish, that's not a good option for Disney trying to sell finisher gear. I do wish they'd either keep the expo open until Sunday or Monday, or set up a pop-up merch location at someplace central like Disney Springs. Runners can be a superstitious bunch, and I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few Disney runners who want to buy the "I Did It!" gear but won't until they've actually finished their races. It's not like Disney to miss an opportunity like that.
In the past they have put some merchandise online however this year they didn’t do that.

Some merch was in resort shops though during marathon weekend.

I think one of the problems with the current finish area store is that every time I’ve been it the selection has been kind of crap. All the popular items are sold out at that point.

It’s basically a “here’s you last chance to pay full price for this, before we move it to the outlet” store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter