DP points question re child's points

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Hiya,

Since the free dining is coming out, I think that will save us more than an AP rate if one comes out....wahoo! :)

From what I've read, it's a combined points thing. So if we're there 9 days, we have (for the 3 of us) 27 sit down meals. If dh and myself get app, main and desert (way more than we would usually get), can we share with ds4 and use his points for another adult meal later on, or are his points only usuable for kids meals?

Thanks!

Beth :woohoo: :woohoo:

tinkerbeth said:
Hiya,

Since the free dining is coming out, I think that will save us more than an AP rate if one comes out....wahoo! :)

From what I've read, it's a combined points thing. So if we're there 9 days, we have (for the 3 of us) 27 sit down meals. If dh and myself get app, main and desert (way more than we would usually get), can we share with ds4 and use his points for another adult meal later on, or are his points only usuable for kids meals?

Thanks!

Beth :woohoo: :woohoo:

i'm not sure where you heard that free dining is coming out, but that would be awesome.. as for using your sons credits for adult meals, i wouldn't advise it, you are paying for a childs food, and therefore should be ordering off childrens menu's when available.

Whether it's advisable or not, it is technically possible. Disney computers don't differentiate between adult and child credits.

Oh dear. Please let's not turn this into a moral debate which will get locked after everyone is good and ticked off.

I just want to know if it's possible.

THanks.

Beth :tink:

tinkerbeth said:
Oh dear. Please let's not turn this into a moral debate which will get locked after everyone is good and ticked off.

I just want to know if it's possible.

THanks.

Yes you can certainly do that! A credit is a credit and you can use it for any member of your party!!!!

If you have any additional questions, just ask :)

yes it is possible and contrary to all of the moral/ethical debates on this board, the employees in the restaurants even seem to encourage it. i overheard a server telling a couple in the Sci-Fi restaurant that they would have more than enough food to feed the two children if they wanted to just save the kids' credits and use them for another meal later on. The server didn't explicitly tell them to use them for ADULT meals, but it was clear that was his point.

i just got back from my trip last night. we had three days of DDP (which we used for four days in the parks). i traveled with my two kids and we used all of the child credits for child meals at our TS meals. i had it all planned out to stretch the 3 days of credits to feed us for 4 days via CS credits, so i didn't really NEED to also stretch the TS meals. if i was coming up short on credits i would have done it though.

one thing i would suggest...

if you plan to stretch the TS credits to feed for more than one TS meal in a day, try to do either breakfast and dinner or an early lunch and late dinner. the meals are HUGE. i know we were so full from one TS meal each day that we had a hard time using up the CS credits.

HayGan said:
Yes you can certainly do that! A credit is a credit and you can use it for any member of your party!!!!

If you have any additional questions, just ask :)

Thanks! I'm so excited to research a new aspect of a disney trip! ;) The other thing we may end up doing is splitting one adult meal. That's a LOT of food as far as I'm concerned! And if we do that, we can have more buffets. i love Boma. :)

tinkerbeth said:
Thanks! I'm so excited to research a new aspect of a disney trip! ;) The other thing we may end up doing is splitting one adult meal. That's a LOT of food as far as I'm concerned! And if we do that, we can have more buffets. i love Boma. :)

Just keep in mind that if you stretch the credits too much you'll end up trying to find creative ways to use them at the end. That's what happened to me. I was only at the parks for 4 days, 3 nights (which is 3 DDP days) and even on that short trip we ended up with 2 CS and 2 snacks left at the end. We wound up having to get it all to go in a hotel. It's great to save enough credits to also cover breakfast each day, but if you save any more than that you'll end up with a stockpile of credits at the end and you won't be hungry enough to use them.

Yeah I was thinking about that. it's the sort of thing I would do - be so creative about stretching them that there are some left over! i think I only really want to stretch out the sit down ones b/c I love the buffets. If we can stretch those a little that would be good. The counter service ones you're right - we shoudl likely just use them. We don't end up usually eating that many counter service meals so we should likely err on the side of generous eating there. (No problem!) Even if we end up having to pay for 1 or 2 sit down meals, we'll be WAY ahead compared to not having the free dining! :)

Beth :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter