Dragon float caught on fire !!!!

Yea, I thought it was horrible to be honest, but I am still OK with it, its been less than 24 hours since the fire was put out and the sad melted dragon was put away. Lets see what they have in a week or so.

I do agree ... even having Malificent and some henchmen walking in the parade would be better, but they probably need to arrange casting, costumes, effects, etc, (more than we think) to get that done. Short notice stand-in .... not bad :)

That was my exact thought. It's not like they could yell, "Becky! Get off that cash register and get into a Malificent costume! You're in the parade as of now!"

That was my exact thought. It's not like they could yell, "Becky! Get off that cash register and get into a Malificent costume! You're in the parade as of now!"

Becky can remain at the register. But you mean to tell me that there isn't a Malificient roaming MK or HS at some point everyday?...I find that hard to believe. I just think the solution was not thought out and it could have been better.

This is sad, but my 3yo is obsessed with fires and firefighters right now and he loves that dragon float. It was the perfect storm for him...he asked to watch videos of “the fire breathing dragon on fire” all day. Lol!

It has been many years but Fantasmic in DL used to basically set the America river around tom sawyers island on fire...the heat was crazy. It was amazing and I loved it but I did wonder how safe it was and how they could get away with it. Not sure if this still happens today or not.

Becky can remain at the register. But you mean to tell me that there isn't a Malificient roaming MK or HS at some point everyday?...I find that hard to believe. I just think the solution was not thought out and it could have been better.

Maybe so, but it's still a person who might not be working those hours or have any number of reasons why bopping over for the parade with less than a day's notice wouldn't be practical. Give them some time to sort things out.

*ponders* And come to think of it, the only time I've seen her is at Halloween events. I can't remember seeing her at a normal meet and greet area. So maybe there isn't a Maleficent available all the time.

I think the Gringotts dragon is pretty cool!

Universal had a Mardi Gras float this year that spouted fire from the four corners. I remember wondering about the risk, since they let guests ride.
He is! But I don’t know I like Disney’s more and still thought that it had more potential than a static prop

#TooSoon

32387177_10214988287568177_7394471135678562304_n.jpg
I was going to hold down for an angry reaction but this isn’t Facebook

*ponders* And come to think of it, the only time I've seen her is at Halloween events. I can't remember seeing her at a normal meet and greet area. So maybe there isn't a Maleficent available all the time.
You know that was an after thought for me too....but I believe there is Malefiecent in Fantasmic..

It has been many years but Fantasmic in DL used to basically set the America river around tom sawyers island on fire...the heat was crazy. It was amazing and I loved it but I did wonder how safe it was and how they could get away with it. Not sure if this still happens today or not.

I don't know about DL but they still do it at WDW HS..saw it last year for first time...loved it!!!

I do feel bad for all the first timers that won't be able to experience the dragon, being the best part of the parade. Not saying that it may not return but you have to think that the fire element will be gone. Glad I have video of it. I remind my daughter all the time of things we've done there that she should remember because they're gone...i.e. MSEP & Great Movie Ride and now Talking Mickey (again glad I have videos)..still wishing for MSEP return for 50th anniversary...

Last edited:
I think what they do with the one at DLP will give some indication of what they do at WDW. Hopefully that one is checked over and they start using the fire again. Hopefully within the next week and a half so we can see it when we're there next week :)

I think removing the fire effect from the other floats until the cause of the problem with Maleficent can be determined is a good idea. Nobody really wants the other floats to catch fire and risk hurting someone. Once the cause is determined, then the other floats can be checked, changed if necessary, and returned to service. It hasn't been very long since the fire, and safety should be the priority, even above show. It would not surprise me if some of the problem was lubricant for the articulation of the head and neck catching fire and burning, even after the fuel for the fire breathing could be cut off. The general public may never know for sure what happened, but I hope Maleficent can be returned to full and safe operation.

But there’s doesn’t impress me. Disney’s actually moved

My friend on Facebook mentioned universal is missing a huge marketing opportunity here. With Busch Gardens Tampa’s power outage this isn’t a good weekend for the Central Florida parks at all... universal might need to watch out... I’ll go protect legoland
My goodness I just saw that about BG! I'm missing everything by a day this week. I was at MK on Thursday and watched the parade. And I went to Busch Gardens on Friday, the day before the power outage. Sending out a warning to anybody going to Universal on Tuesday, something might happen because I'll be there tomorrow haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter