Dream—ordering a birthday cake

allegoricduck

Earning My Ears
is there a way to order a birthday cake to be delivered to the table after dinner? Any idea on pricing or information on the type of cakes available?

As an alternative, the Dream has Vanelopes which is an awesome sweetshop. I don't know if they do a full birthday cake, but they do have cupcakes, ice cream and tons of other stuff. They absolutely will deliver to your table after dinner. The server calls up when you are ready.

I don't know if they do a full birthday cake, but they do have cupcakes, ice cream and tons of other stuff. They absolutely will deliver to your table after dinner. The server calls up when you are ready.

That's a nice suggestion! I believe the sweet shop (can't think of the name) on the Fantasy will do the same. :cutie:

That's a nice suggestion! I believe the sweet shop (can't think of the name) on the Fantasy will do the same. :cutie:

Sweet on You...and yes they will. I have done this a few times on both the Dream and Fantasy. The cupcakes are a nice size and they bring them to your table. Just go up to the sweet shop and purchase what you want, tell them your dining room for the night you want the cupcakes delivered and they will tell you to have your serving team call up to the shop when it is time. The CM from the shop brings it down to your table. Easy AND really yummy.
My daughter got the red velvet Minnie Mouse cupcake and my husband and son had the Darth Vader peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes. :)

Sweet on You...and yes they will. I have done this a few times on both the Dream and Fantasy. The cupcakes are a nice size and they bring them to your table. Just go up to the sweet shop and purchase what you want, tell them your dining room for the night you want the cupcakes delivered and they will tell you to have your serving team call up to the shop when it is time. The CM from the shop brings it down to your table. Easy AND really yummy.
My daughter got the red velvet Minnie Mouse cupcake and my husband and son had the Darth Vader peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the intel, Sytrace! :goodvibes

Awesome! Thanks for the intel, Sytrace! :goodvibes

You are welcome! The ice cream and gelato is quite good too. I know I am hitting it up when we board in September . lol They have this Brownie batter ice cream that is just amazing...but beware, their scoops are much larger than typical. So if you order a single scoop it is more like 2.5 and reasonably priced too.

You are welcome! The ice cream and gelato is quite good too. I know I am hitting it up when we board in September . lol They have this Brownie batter ice cream that is just amazing...but beware, their scoops are much larger than typical. So if you order a single scoop it is more like 2.5 and reasonably priced too.

Brownie batter ice cream??? :bitelip: :banana: That sounds DEE-licious!!! :bounce:

We'll be on the Fantasy in September too! I can't wait!

Brownie batter ice cream??? :bitelip: :banana: That sounds DEE-licious!!! :bounce:

We'll be on the Fantasy in September too! I can't wait!

I think we are on the same cruise if I recall other conversations.... It is AMAZING ice cream. My daughter prefers the gelato though...lots of flavors and toppings.
And there is wrapped candy there too. :)
Honestly, I am going to have to pack my gym shoes and spend some time on the Elliptical this time out. I always say that but never do it. lol

I think we are on the same cruise if I recall other conversations.... It is AMAZING ice cream. My daughter prefers the gelato though...lots of flavors and toppings.
And there is wrapped candy there too. :)
Honestly, I am going to have to pack my gym shoes and spend some time on the Elliptical this time out. I always say that but never do it. lol

:cutie: I'm with your daughter and usually prefer gelato to regular ice cream, but that brownie batter ice cream sounds insane! :love:

Had to laugh about the gym shoes! :joker: I might have to bring mine too. I prefer to do laps on the Promenade Deck, although those views from the gym are pretty sweet! We are on the sailing on the 8th. Tomorrow we will be in the "40's" on our countdown! :cheer2:

:cutie: I'm with your daughter and usually prefer gelato to regular ice cream, but that brownie batter ice cream sounds insane! :love:

Had to laugh about the gym shoes! :joker: I might have to bring mine too. I prefer to do laps on the Promenade Deck, although those views from the gym are pretty sweet! We are on the sailing on the 8th. Tomorrow we will be in the "40's" on our countdown! :cheer2:

Nope...not on the same cruise. We are coming up on 60 days and sail on the 22nd. :) I do walk laps on deck 4, but I tend to get sidetracked a lot with the sweets and visiting the shops on deck 3. lol I also like to use the steam rooms in the Rainforest and sweat off some toxins that way. Have a great cruise! :)

Hahaha! Totally understand. :D I usually can't stand to be in a steam room long enough to sweat off any toxins. Maybe I should give it a try again! Have a wonderful cruise! :flower3:

is there a way to order a birthday cake to be delivered to the table after dinner? Any idea on pricing or information on the type of cakes available?

You can... but as long as DCL is aware that someone is celebrating a birthday, the person celebrating the birthday will automatically receive a cupcake and the server will sing. :)

You can... but as long as DCL is aware that someone is celebrating a birthday, the person celebrating the birthday will automatically receive a cupcake and the server will sing. :)

Don't rely on them 'knowing' from the reservation, even if you mark the 'special' events part. They skipped right over one of our birthdays and came a few days later at dinner to ask about the 'special' event. We told them it was too late now.

Don't rely on them 'knowing' from the reservation, even if you mark the 'special' events part. They skipped right over one of our birthdays and came a few days later at dinner to ask about the 'special' event. We told them it was too late now.

You can always check with them at the beginning of the cruise (or the same day) to see if they know.

Special order Birthday Cake on the Dream

[GALLERY=]
20170612_213737.jpg
[/GALLERY]

Attachments

• 20170612_213737.jpg
    20170612_213737.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 33
Does anyone know if there is an option of ordering or purchasing cupcakes onthe Magic?? We have a birthday during our cruise. I tried to order a cake which I thought I could do over the phone, but no, I need to FAX in my request!! Who the heck faxes anything anymore!!?? When I called DCL even the agent I spoke to was like “yeah right, who uses a fax machine??” So now I am at a loss as my cruise is in a week!! Any suggestions would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter