Dream—ordering a birthday cake

Does anyone know if there is an option of ordering or purchasing cupcakes onthe Magic?? We have a birthday during our cruise. I tried to order a cake which I thought I could do over the phone, but no, I need to FAX in my request!! Who the heck faxes anything anymore!!?? When I called DCL even the agent I spoke to was like “yeah right, who uses a fax machine??” So now I am at a loss as my cruise is in a week!! Any suggestions would be great!
I’m not sure where you live if you have the FedEx Kinkos stores or an Office Depot. They offer fax service. Also, there are apps for your phone where you take a photo of a document and it sends it as a fax. I just did a quick search from my iPhone and Fax Pro - Send Fax From iPhone looks pretty straight forward.

No arguing fax is pretty antiquated. But, to answer the question “Who faxes anymore?”...a few months back we rewrote our homeowners insurance and, apparently, the mortgage company (who paid the premium from the escrow o_O) didn’t have the policy information and sent me a long letter about my requirement to carry homeowners insurance or else. Yesterday our insurance agent had to fax the policy declarations to the mortgage company. So there ya go. Someone used a fax yesterday. LOL!

Does anyone know if there is an option of ordering or purchasing cupcakes onthe Magic?? We have a birthday during our cruise. I tried to order a cake which I thought I could do over the phone, but no, I need to FAX in my request!! Who the heck faxes anything anymore!!?? When I called DCL even the agent I spoke to was like “yeah right, who uses a fax machine??” So now I am at a loss as my cruise is in a week!! Any suggestions would be great!

The Magic does not have a shop like the Dream or Fantasy to order cupcakes from once on board. You could visit GS on your embarkation day and purchase a generic cake (either chocolate or vanilla) that will not be personalized. Faxing the order makes sure that your request is for exactly how you want the cake to be made. For example. maybe you want a Marble cake with buttercream frosting that is Gluten free. Having an actual faxed copy of that request plus your payment form and signature of credit card used is a paper trail to show that your requests were followed as directed. Over the phone ordering cannot do that.

I’m not sure where you live if you have the FedEx Kinkos stores or an Office Depot. They offer fax service. Also, there are apps for your phone where you take a photo of a document and it sends it as a fax. I just did a quick search from my iPhone and Fax Pro - Send Fax From iPhone looks pretty straight forward.

No arguing fax is pretty antiquated. But, to answer the question “Who faxes anymore?”...a few months back we rewrote our homeowners insurance and, apparently, the mortgage company (who paid the premium from the escrow o_O) didn’t have the policy information and sent me a long letter about my requirement to carry homeowners insurance or else. Yesterday our insurance agent had to fax the policy declarations to the mortgage company. So there ya go. Someone used a fax yesterday. LOL!

Fair enough! But really outside of doctors, lawyers, insurance agents faxing is not the main stream anymore. I live in Canada, where you used to be able to go to a post office and send a fax. They looked at me like I was on glue when I went there and asked to fax something! Oh well. Such is life.

The Magic does not have a shop like the Dream or Fantasy to order cupcakes from once on board. You could visit GS on your embarkation day and purchase a generic cake (either chocolate or vanilla) that will not be personalized. Faxing the order makes sure that your request is for exactly how you want the cake to be made. For example. maybe you want a Marble cake with buttercream frosting that is Gluten free. Having an actual faxed copy of that request plus your payment form and signature of credit card used is a paper trail to show that your requests were followed as directed. Over the phone ordering cannot do that.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I just want a basic cake, nothing fancy. I was only planning to order the chocolate celebration cake so nothing over the top. I will see what I can do once on board. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter