Dream a Little (Disney) Dream

PhillyCruiser

Mouseketeer
Hello, all! :wave2: Before launching into this PTR, I should note:

#1: Disclaimer: I am a novice at PTR's (this is my 1st) and a total "newbie" when it comes to anything Disney! My last visit to WDW was in... (wait for it...) 1978! (Cue the 'collective gasps of shock & horror') Happily, our family will emerge from our Disney "Dark Ages" and take our very 1st Disney cruise on the Dream in April, 2015! (Please, hold all applause until the end...) Are we excited? Well, DH & I are! The kids, however, are not excited at all...well...not yet anyway. ;) More on THAT later...).

#2: :disrocks: "THANK YOU!!" to all of you veteran, experienced Disney cruisers as well as my fellow "newbie" cruisers, for all the brilliant, useful & insightful info, tips, ideas, reviews & pics about cruising Disney! Wow!! What a treasure trove pirate: these boards have been while planning our upcoming cruise!! I've saved time, $$$, sweat, tears, grief and aggravation from all the info I've learned on DisBoards!
Again, :thanks:

And now, some history:

DH & I have been married for 18 years and have two kids, DS8 & DD6.5 (we also have 3 guinea pigs, Alvin, Simon & Theodorable, but they're not going on the cruise...) :rotfl: DH & I have taken 3 cruises over the last 18 years: once on Carnival 15+ years ago (that trip nearly swore us off of cruising forever!) and twice on Silver Sea's 'Silver Spirit' in 2013. Silver Sea is our favorite cruise line. Period. (I'm trying to contain my near-groupie enthusiasm...). However, Silver Sea (IMHO) is NOT a cruise suitable for kids. But, now that DS & DD are a little older, DH & I want to take a family cruise that THEY would love (with some "luxury" stuff thrown in for mom & dad). We did our research, looked at other cruise lines, made comparisons. In the end, Disney Dream fit the bill for us! Why?

- Mickey & the Gang -and- Disney Princesses "Meet & Greets" (DD has said she wants a Pink or Purple "Princess Dress". Of course, she'll ultimately end up wearing a yellow one.:confused3 )
- Concierge Level! We're booked in a Cat. V. Love the perks! ("Excuse me...which way to the Concierge Lounge? It's Happy Hour!")
- Oceaneer's Club/Lab (DS will love the Lab! He loves science!)
- Adults-Only spaces & dining (Palo & Remy reservations? Check!)
- Fireworks
- AquaDuck
- Castaway Cay and the Cabanas! (We were able to snag one! :woohoo: DH will take the kids for a bike ride while mom goes unconscious in the hammock! :beach:
- and more...

So much for our family to look forward to! But, if we tell the kids NOW, we'll hear: "Is today the day? Are we going NOW? How many more days until we go?" Etc...Etc...Etc. Do we want to hear that from now until April?! Um....no!! So, DH & I will "reveal" our Disney cruise SURPRISE via "Secret Decoder Message" just before leaving for the airport!

So, there it is, folks. My 1st PTR! Will my 1st Trip Report follow after our cruise? Maybe.

Who knows...:sail:

To all our fellow Disney cruisers: BON VOYAGE!! :boat:

Hi! I am new to the cruise boards and am looking forward to your PTR. We are wanting to take our 1st cruise in late 2016 and I feel so lost.

Hi! I am new to the cruise boards and am looking forward to your PTR. We are wanting to take our 1st cruise in late 2016 and I feel so lost.

Hi, there! :welcome:

No worries! :hippie: Planning your cruise won't be as daunting as you might think! Actually, it's kind of fun! I started planning by learning about each ship (newer vs. Classic), itineraries & lengths of cruises. Once we narrowed down the ship & itinerary, it was smooth sailing! (pardon the pun) :boat: Since you're planning to sail in 2016, you have time to do your "homework" via cruise boards like DisBoards & CruiseCritic, read reviews & trip reports, etc. well before you set sail. So, relaaax, perch yourself at your computer with a latte, espresso or other preferred beverage :surfweb: and start planning your cruise! And most of all, enjoy it! Planning it is part of the fun! :goodvibes

What an absolute Dream! Concierge and cabana?! Ah, I can't wait to see all of your pictures :)

Oh, yeah! SO excited!! Never thought we'd snag a cabana! Woohoo!! (Cue the music for my "Happy Dance" :banana: ) I'm having a really hard time keeping the "surprise" from the kids but I'm determined to keep my big mouth SHUT!! There's a suitcase "hiding in plain sight" in our bedroom, filling fast with Disney stuff (backpacks, t-shirts, summer clothes, etc...all Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals!! :cool1: ) The kids have seen the suitcase but have NO idea what it's for or what it contains!! (The suspense is killing me!!)

Will definitely post pics in my TR!

o_O Today's weather: snow & below zero wind chills (negative 17!!). Really?!

Counting down the days until our April DREAM cruise! It can't come soon enough! :scared:

DH & I have been carefully guarding "the secret" from the kids :ssst: but it's getting more & more difficult! DS & DD have been faithfully dropping loose change into the "Mickey Bucket", diligently saving for a cruise. The bucket is filling fast and they're starting to ask "when can we go?" So... We had to tell them "something": "Well, guys, we'll need more time to save & plan for our cruise. So how about we try to go in December?" They were so happy that we set a "tentative date"! "If we find/save more $$ faster, could we go sooner??" they asked. "Sure we can!" They are now digging into the furniture, pants & coat pockets, the minivan, everywhere, to find more $$$! :squirrel:

Meanwhile, planning this cruise...and "The Reveal"...have nearly morphed into an obsession! From our FE, matching Disney T-shirts, Disney backpacks, personalized Disney cups, tissue paper in Classic Disney colors, DD's 'Anna' princess dress & tiara (the shoes are too big...returning them), bandanas & eye patches, I'm in full "planning" mode. And loving every minute of it!

I've even downloaded the Navigator app to my iPhone!

It has a Countdown Clock! :hourglass

I'm in! We're getting ready to go on our first cruise in December on the Dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter