Dream December 31, 2018 4-Night Double Dip

First visit to WDW was 1977 before our second was born.

You never forget that first trip. My grandparents moved to FL in 1970 and we went to WDW that first year it opened back in Feb. 1972. My grandfather was just enthralled and wanted to make it special for everyone. My mom was the oldest of seven so it always was a big deal when we came. I remember driving through those famous front gates. We had pancakes at the Crystal Palace and then followed one of the Guest Services Hostess on a tour. I even remember what I wore, I was in 1st grade. That was a long time ago and I have been there many times since but there really isn't anything that compares to a Disney vacation. That is why I am looking forward so much to our trip. I know those first couple of days will be hectic (or as much as we let be) but getting on the DD and knowing I have no emails and can just read to my heart's content either on the beach, adult pool or balcony is something to look forward too.

Hello cruisers, looking forward to a quick November and a speedy December, and then finally getting to Florida and cruising and vacationing in the sunshine state.

Hello cruisers, looking forward to a quick November and a speedy December, and then finally getting to Florida and cruising and vacationing in the sunshine state.
:)

Local Candy/Snack Exchange
Bamfield
Faye Lin
bobbiwoz

Anyone else? We will use Fish Extenders to give a local snack to others. Sign ups will close on December 15.

We would like to participate in the candy/snack exchange.
Our cabin is 8158. We are a family of 4, my son (11years) has a nut allergy but the rest of us don't.

Thanks for organizing,
Faye
Hi - I just wanted to follow up on this:

It looks like you need a couple of more posts before you can direct PM, so if you want to keep it confidential just PM me when you can. As for the nut allergy ~ how sensitive? ~ just nuts or does it include items where something could be manufactured in a facility that contained nuts?

The reason I ask is we want to make sure your son is safe and having fun with the treats too. We have had the experience in school for someone so sensitive that even the oil on someone's skin could trigger a reaction.

As for number of cruises, this will be our 5th ~ we graduate up to the next Castaway Club level on our next cruise. However, it is our second double dip. I love Castaway Cay! I am hoping to try out the adult only beach now that the boys are older and can be on their own.

Faye Lin, you need 10 post here to get “conversations” and you may wish to answer Bamfield’s question privately, but everyone in the exchange would like to know.

It would be great if you got the 10 posts so the information about the exchange can be done in the private conversation.

Bamfield
Faye Lin
bobbiwoz

Anyone else? We will use Fish Extenders to give a local snack to others. Sign ups will close on December 15.

Sorry for the late reply, lots of life stuff going on and I haven't been paying attention. - no worries on the public reply - my son is ok with manufactured in a facility that contained nuts. Anything we aren't sure of, we don't give him and he won't be upset. It's nothing new and even if there are nuts, the rest of us are ok and he won't have any.

Sorry about the 10 posts, I only joined on our last cruise and don't post much. Heck I think this won't even make 10.

Sorry for the late reply, lots of life stuff going on and I haven't been paying attention. - no worries on the public reply - my son is ok with manufactured in a facility that contained nuts. Anything we aren't sure of, we don't give him and he won't be upset. It's nothing new and even if there are nuts, the rest of us are ok and he won't have any.

Sorry about the 10 posts, I only joined on our last cruise and don't post much. Heck I think this won't even make 10.

Well, we’re glad to have you on board!

Who else wants to join our local Candy Snack Exchange?

Bamfield
Faye Lin
bobbiwoz

Faye Lin thanks for the information. Just wanted to make sure everyone enjoys their gifts! I understand crazy life stuff, sometimes its hard to get to everything. Bobbi I will get you our details later this week which is no problem on the main board. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Once that is over, I will have more time to lurk here, I do a lot of reading, not much posting.

Lisa

Hi! Is anyone else interested in the Local Candy/Snack Exchange?

It’s a lot of fun, trying different treats, and always a surprise getting back to your room and getting something tasty!

We are just off the Magic, NYC to San Juan. The Cast Members were unsure if the Christmas decorations would still be up. I hope they are.

Here’s the Gingerbread house on the Magic! That is apparently made on board! So pretty!!

AC89C81A-5EE0-4AB4-A94D-CA276AE954E1.jpeg

Bobbi

This is our first cruise EVER! Trying to learn the ins and outs of this exciting adventure! Any advice to make this extra special for the family? Would love to get in on the local candy/snack exchange. We are a family of 6 and our DDs are 16 and 5 and our DSs are 14 and 6.

This is our first cruise EVER! Trying to learn the ins and outs of this exciting adventure! Any advice to make this extra special for the family? Would love to get in on the local candy/snack exchange. We are a family of 6 and our DDs are 16 and 5 and our DSs are 14 and 6.
I will be closing the Candy Exchange on the 15th. You are welcomed to join. You need 10 posts to be able to send conversations. You can post your information, including your cabin number here. On the 15th or 16th, come back here to indicate you have the information. We will need that acknowledgment to assure, we are all still interested in participating!

:welcome:

As far as getting the most enjoyment out of the cruise, I suggest looking closely at the Navigator which is the paper you get as you board, and there will be one for the next day on your bed each night.

Are you interested in seeing movies? The boarding Navigator will list all movies shown each day in the Buena Vista theatre. That is the smaller, movie theater, as opposed to the Walt Disney theater which has the live shows. That list on the boarding Navigator is the only time it is listed so clearly, IMO, and I circle the ones I want to go to and keep the list handy. Because Mary Poppins will be released so recently they MAY have it shown in the Walt Disney theater as well, but usually that is not mentioned until the day of.

Also, realize you can’t do everything! Relax and have a great experience!

Last edited:
Interest in Candy/Snack Exchange

RidenourX6
bobbiwoz
Bamfield
Faye Lin

If anyone else is interested, welcome.

Please post your information regarding cabin number, number of people in cabin, and if any allergies. On December 15, list closes. On the 16th I will post the list here with information. You MUST post after the list is put out here to acknowledge that you have seen it, AND that my list is correct.

We use Fish Extenders to hand out Local candy, snacks and include something about the snack, history or something from the internet. We give enough for the cabins to share, and we distribute once during the cruise.

Bobbi

Mary Poppins, wonderful, I am fairly confident it will be shown on our cruise.
Me too, confident. I also think there’s a chance it will be shown in the Walt Disney theater. Maybe on the off night, instead of a comedian or juggler.

RidenourX6
bobbiwoz
Bamfield
Faye Lin

Please post your information regarding cabin number, number of people in cabin, and if any allergies. On December 15, list closes. On the 16th I will post the list here with information. You MUST post after the list is put out here to acknowledge that you have seen it, AND that my list is correct.

We use Fish Extenders to hand out Local candy, snacks and include something about the snack, history or something from the internet. We give enough for the cabins to share, and we distribute once during the cruise.

Bobbi

We have two staterooms, #7048 and #7046. Three people in each room. No allergies for anyone.

Hi everyone,

Been crazy traveling for business since Thanksgiving. Bobbi that gingerbread house is marvelous! How was the cruise? The weather good? I just got back from an industry meeting in Ft. Lauderdale and it was in the 90s. I am hoping it is not that hot when we get there.

I am so behind...I have been sick on top of traveling so I don't even have our Christmas decorations up or cards sent out. I normally get that done Thanksgiving weekend. I have no idea how I am going to prepare for this trip, but I did get a new swim suit purchased. :rotfl2:As we are going to WDW a couple of days before, we have gotten our MB and I have also gotten our covers for them. I am hoping at some point the cruise line adopts the MB because that would be better than the cards. I guess I better just go with the flow in regards to preparation as I am not sure I am going to find any time stashed away anywhere. :dance3:

We are in Cabin 9612 and the boys are really looking forward to the trip. AJ has a couple of more days at IS and Dan is ready for a break. Looking forward to some beach time!

Lisa

RidenourX6
bobbiwoz
Bamfield
Faye Lin

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter