Dream Monorail routes?

Mtnman44

DIS Veteran
Ok, so maybe I was too bored today. :) I know this is an implausible proposal, at least for the near term. I can't imagine how Disney would ever justify the expense. HOWEVER, maybe in the future, with the addition of two more themeparks, there might be a good reason to put more areas on the monorail lines due to all the traffic and busses required. On this map, I've added a second monorail line to the AK area, plus a huge extention of the existing TC to Epcot line. I know it is just a dream, but wouldn't it be cool? The green boxes are proposed monorail stops. All these stops would of course increase travel time, but probably still be a lot better than buses. :thumbsup2

MAP_DISNEY_WDW.jpg

That's really neat! :thumbsup2
I have long been lobbying Disney to put a mono route that runs from my front door, directly to VWL. As of this date, Disney has not yet found that route to be cost effective. I strongly disagree, and think they should re-evaluate. ;)

MG

I think I read somewhere here on the DIS that extending the monorail would cost approx. 2 million per mile?? Anyone have the accurate figures?

And if not monorail, how about light rail? :teeth:

Very cool map - those look like really nice routes!

That's really neat! :thumbsup2
I have long been lobbying Disney to put a mono route that runs from my front door, directly to VWL. As of this date, Disney has not yet found that route to be cost effective. I strongly disagree, and think they should re-evaluate. ;)

MG

MG all I want to do is help YOU , so here I go.......

If Disney started here in the Boston area, making a stop for you in Connecticut would seem EXTREMELY reasonable , don't yah think ? <G>

don't expect anything at DD. Disney has enough problems with offsiters parking there and taking Disney bus (yes,even now that they need to go to a WDW resort first) - can you imagne the problem if a monrail went there....

I really think if the Monrail or light rail becomes more reasonable - Disney will probably do it - but only to connect their theme parks.

Epcot and Studio are connected through the lagoon.

so the new light rail would only need to connect to Studio.

for all the Disney parks to be connected.

don't expect anything at DD. Disney has enough problems with offsiters parking there and taking Disney bus (yes,even now that they need to go to a WDW resort first) - can you imagne the problem if a monrail went there....

Oh come on SC, everyone knows there's plenty of parking at SSR.;) They could run the monorail right through there. I could hear the CM's at DTD now telling guests to just go over to SSR to hop right on the monorail.;)

HBC

And if not monorail, how about light rail? :teeth:

Very cool map - those look like really nice routes!

A single Monorail line through the high-density areas with WEDway connections to the lower-density areas (like EPCOT was supposed to have) would be my dream wish come true. Plus, environmentally, I'd much rather sit on a PeopleMover than smell exhaust fumes the whole trip.

Since I have a snow day tomorrow (actually a wind-chill day with morning temps between -20 and -30 degrees), maybe I'll use the OP's map and work my own WEDway magic.

Regards

I'm for Trolleys - ala San Francisco. I think you could create some light rail lines with a trolley look and feel that would end up paying for itself over time, add to the themed experience of Disney, reduce polution and be more reasonable to maintain and operate then monorails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter