Dream seems a little late leaving today.

We did too. Maybe the same cruise. They took someone off right before we sailed.

Guess she'll be doing a high-speed gulf stream run tonight.

Heard from the ship that the delay was due to waiting for guests. Orlando had storms yesterday afternoon, so maybe some incoming flights were delayed. If you are on a delayed flight that was booked through Disney, they hold the ship I assume. (?)

Heard from the ship that the delay was due to waiting for guests. Orlando had storms yesterday afternoon, so maybe some incoming flights were delayed. If you are on a delayed flight that was booked through Disney, they hold the ship I assume. (?)

I know it doesn't happen often, but as you mentioned, if flights were booked through DCL, the ship is far more apt to wait, especially if it's a number of passengers impacted. As for storms? We have had afternoon thunderstorms almost EVERY day for a while here in the Orlando area. I guess it's a "normal" summer for us this year after so many years of drought.

All the more reason lots of us here on the forums advise folks to PLEASE fly in the day before as things can and do sometimes happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter