Dreaming until I'm Back on the Dream! March 2017 PTR (New 12/13/16)

TinkerbellLuvr7

Tinkerbellluvr7
Hello Everyone!
I'm back for another cruise PTR!!!!!

My goal at the beginning of my last cruise PTR was to end with a countdown and new PTR. I didn't think it would happen but Dreams came true…again!

Join me for the longest wait I've ever had for a cruise!!!
349 Days To Go!

Last edited:
The Intros:

Welcome again to the PTR! Here's who's going….

Me (Megan) I'm a 31 year old teacher/ WDW CM (seasonally.) I'm originally from Pittsburgh, PA and now live right outside of Orlando. I did the Disney College Program, Internship and now I've been back in FL for almost 5 years now and love it! I am the planner…to the extreme at times but it's lessened after living here! This will be my third cruise…all have been on the Dream.

Mom is joining me again for the trip! She's retired and lives with my dad in PA. Dad has no desire to do a cruise to the Bahama's or Caribbean so he is planning a trip with my brother this summer which will take them to CA! I enjoy the mother-daughter time and mom is THRILLED to try a 4 night cruise! This will be her second cruise…her first was on the Dream.

Here's some fav pics from our 2015 cruise!

UP NEXT:
THE PLAN…SO FAR….

The Plan…so far!

After a pretty successful TR from my last cruise, I decided that I would go ahead and do a PTR early! This is the longest wait I'll have for a cruise. My first cruise in 2013 was booked in Nov. 2012 (with an ex bf) and we cruised in March 2013. My 2nd cruise was booked in Jan 2015 with mom and we cruised in March 2015. This cruise was booked just shy of a year in advance. Most families book a year or more in advance so this will be a super long wait!!!

We don't have much planned now since it's so far out but here's what I do know as of today

When: March 13th-17th, 2017
Mom will fly in the night of March 12th and fly out the afternoon of the 17th

Where/What: Disney Dream!
Nassau, Castaway Cay, and Day at Sea
We have a 7a room booked (obstructed verandah.) Sadly my deck 9 was not able to be booked so we are trying deck 7 this time! I'm hoping we will love it as much as 9! It was only $25 extra a day to have a verandah so even with it obstructed, it was worth it. Even since booking 2 weeks ago, it has already gone up in price!

Why: I asked for another cruise last Christmas and got an Apple Watch :upsidedow So discussion came up for my birthday and any requests and I said a 4 or 7 night cruise to take the place of 2 birthdays and 1 Christmas

Dream Come True!

Here were my birthday gifts…a nice segway

Beautiful towels from DCL via disneystore.com. Along with that I got some Alex and Ani bracelets, a runDisney headband and the best of all!

I've also decided to do TR within the PTR. Being that I live in Orlando, I take trips OFTEN to WDW and stay too! I haven't done a TR since I moved back to Orlando but thought it would pass the time for this PTR to do WDW TRs between now and the cruise so in the chapters page, you'll see an area for Cruise Updates and WDW Trip Updates!

Thanks for joining me…hope you enjoy!!!!!!!8-)

Last edited:

I really enjoyed following along with you on your recent trip report. Mom and daughter trips are so special! I was wondering what you are interested in doing in Nassau this time around? What a bummer Atlantis was for you. In February my sister and I were on the Magic and in Nassau did the Chocolate tour and loved it. Staying on the ship isn't a bad thing either.

Yay! Getting under the 1 year mark is a milestone in itself.
:welcome:
Thanks! I liked the other two trips with less waits but at least I can pass the time with WDW mini TR while I wait!

I really enjoyed following along with you on your recent trip report. Mom and daughter trips are so special! I was wondering what you are interested in doing in Nassau this time around? What a bummer Atlantis was for you. In February my sister and I were on the Magic and in Nassau did the Chocolate tour and loved it. Staying on the ship isn't a bad thing either.
:welcome:
Right now, we haven't really discussed anything. I looked up the chocolate tour as you mentioned and it's $62 per person…still cheaper than a day at Atlantis but I feel like it's a little expensive?? I think if anything we might stay on the ship to do Palo Brunch (conserve time for the day at sea) and go off the ship to walk around the straw market…maybe walk down to Senior Frogs since I've never done that before. Our table mates LOVED Blue Lagoon but I wouldn't be opposed to staying on the ship and just relaxing. I think due to the extra cost for the extra day, we will try and be more mindful of how much "extras" we spend if that makes sense??

Hooray! So happy you decided to do this report! I'm in! popcorn::

:welcome: Glad you could join!

Happy to see I'm not the only one that is planning ahead! I think I am driving my family crazy talking about our cruise!

:welcome: I love that we can all join here to chat together to prep when our family could careless..hehe. It also helps relax me at this point since it's so far away and I don't have to worry about items being shipped and things I've ordered…that time will come!

Do you have a PTR set up? I would love to join it but didn't see one on your signature???

WDW Mini Trip Report List:

Happy Tuesday!!! As I was saying in my intro, to pass the time until next March…which seems like forever knowing I have to finish off this school year and make through almost another whole school year until the cruise…but that I could do mini WDW TR's to get through until next March. Here's a list of what is planned so far:

April: Star Wars 5k ( POP Century)

April: Weekend stay with friends (resort not chosen yet)

May: Going to Hoop Dee Doo for my friend's birthday

July: Disboards 10 year anniversary (PO French Quarter)

June or July: My friends and I always do a stay-cation at the Yacht or Beach since their annual passes are blocked

Sept: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with family

Nov: Mickey's Holiday 5k…just signed up for this today and got in before it sold out!

I'm sure much more will be added as time goes on but it looks like a great list as of now!

Have a good week!!!!

348 Days to go!!!!!

Looking forward to reading along :) We don't have any plans at the moment so I am living through trip reports! Slowly uploading photos from our last trip to do my own also ;)

Hi :wave: Joining in. I think it's wonderful that you're going on another cruise with your mom. Making memories!

Found your PTR! I'm so jealous that you live in Orlando. I'm from Miami but currently live in NJ and previously lived in Sarasota. My husband and I make it down to Florida all the time but nothing beats actually living there!

I'm also a runner (Princess Glass Slipper Challenge 2017!) and am curious about the Castaway Cay 5k - is it very crowded? How early did you have to be there? I ran the WDW Half in January and I'm hooked!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip plans. :sunny:

Looking forward to reading along :) We don't have any plans at the moment so I am living through trip reports! Slowly uploading photos from our last trip to do my own also ;)

Please let me know when you start the TR, I would love to follow along !!!!!

Hi :wave: Joining in. I think it's wonderful that you're going on another cruise with your mom. Making memories!

Thanks!!! :)

I'm here! I loved reading your last TR so I am happy to follow along! So exciting!

Thanks for joining!

Found your PTR! I'm so jealous that you live in Orlando. I'm from Miami but currently live in NJ and previously lived in Sarasota. My husband and I make it down to Florida all the time but nothing beats actually living there!

I'm also a runner (Princess Glass Slipper Challenge 2017!) and am curious about the Castaway Cay 5k - is it very crowded? How early did you have to be there? I ran the WDW Half in January and I'm hooked!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip plans. :sunny:

The 5k wasn't very crowded, I'd say less than 40 people. It seemed packed at the starting line but after that everyone dispersed from hard-core runners to slow walkers. I would just suggest headphones/music if you are running/walking alone as there isn't much to see and the music helps!

Hello Everyone!!!

I've had a busy week! I stayed at WDW for a night over the weekend with my friends and this Friday is my Star Wars 5k! I'll probably do a combo mini TR for those two this weekend! Thanks for reading!!

Cruise News and WDW Updates
(6/16/16)

Hello!! A kind, good friend, like a sister to me, said I needed to update the PTR because it's on of the reasons why she gets on to read :cutie: She should think about doing one of her own for her upcoming trip!

Needless to say, June has been an interesting start to the summer since school let out…Along with everything that happened last weekend at Pulse and then the poor child at GF…
Moments before I walked out of my classroom for the summer, my perfectly fine iPhone decided it wanted to go swimming in the potty :( I recently had two cortisone shots in my knee from nerve pain from my last 5k so I've been off work at WDW this week to try and manage the pain. Compared to everything last weekend, those seem like minor things in life but needless to say, it's been a challenging June thus far. I'm looking forward to July!!!

The cruise seems so far away but some cruise news happened today! I was on looking at pricing for the cruise to see how much it's gone up (nearly $300 already) and noticed that the room mom and I had last year had opened up to book. I quickly sent my agent a message and within 10 mins she had it changed! I'm so very excited! We enjoyed the room very much last year and look forward to having it again!! She was even able to change it without any fees or up charges! So now we will be moving from deck 7 to deck 9!

Other than that minor detail, I keep watching my app for daily reminders that the trip is forever away! I've been watching my bff/sister Erin prepare for their first family cruise in Dec. She has been busy working with her sewing machine, making outfits and what-not for their cruise! She'll get back just in time to make something for me I hope..hehehehe :rolleyes:

Even though the past few months have been busy with the end of school, they have been Disney filled too! I'll try and do a better job at pictures for the rest of summer but here's a glimpse at the last few months…

March: I stayed at CBR with Erin and her family. We decided we don't like CBR and won't stay there again..haha! We didn't even really take many pics…

April: Star Wars 5k. I bought new Minnie New Balance shoes and ran the 5k. The medal was really cool and the kids at school loved it too!

Holding the runDisney starting line tape!

May: Erin's husband had his birthday at Ft. Wilderness. We went to Hoop Dee Doo!

My school's annual art show is also in May so I did a stay cation at WDW. I stayed for one night at AKL and one night at PO FQ. I also rode the nighttime safari and saw the horrific Jungle Book show at AK. Everest in the dark was the best! I also rode Small World with the magic band name at the end!

June: Erin and her family came up for a sleep-over at my apt last weekend! Their annual passes are blocked for the summer so we went to DS, ate dinner at Cape May Cafe, and went to my CM discount store. Sometimes the last minute trips are the best surprises! Besides her step-daughter finding an ant in her salad at Cape May, we had a great time and enjoyed family time!!

The ant:

Erin makes the clothes, I do the hair!

Like I said, it's an overview of the last few months! I'll try and do better with the upcoming months!

Here's a tentative plan for now, with more to come of course!!!!.....

July: Tradition, Beach Club stay with Erin and her family (date TBD)
POFQ with my family for the Dis 10 year anniversary

September: MNSSHP with family who are staying at the Beach Club

November: Mickey's Holiday 5k

Until next time!!!

Love your mini reports within your ptr! So clever :)

We were supposed to be at POFQ during the Dis 10th but life (and buying and selling a house) got in the way. So I'm looking forward to your report since I won't be there :( (no pressure though...).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!