Dreams Come True exhibit: next stops

snowwhitenyc

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Last year Julie and Corey talked about the Dreams Come True exhibition they saw at the New Orleans Museum of Art. The exhibit is now traveling, so I people might be interested in its next stops.

Right now the exhibit is at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image through April...I know there are a good number of Australian podcast fans, so I hope that some of you get the chance to see it!

ACMI put the audio tour on their website for download, and I would really recommend checking it out. There is tons of great information, and if you liked Waking Sleeping Beauty you'll recognize a lot of familiar names (Don Hahn, John Musker, etc).

In the spring, the exhibit will travel to Asia and then possibly somewhere in Europe. Probably not accessible for a lot of listeners, but if your travels are taking you abroad you might want to keep your eye out for it.

Finally, I remember there was some question about whether the exhibit would be back in the US. I suspect that at some point it will come back after a few more international stops, but the idea was this exhibit was staged as a "cultural gift" to the city of New Orleans. The city is still rebuilding following Katrina, so by giving New Orleans the exclusive (at least for a year or two) on this exhibit it was meant to drive traffic and tourism dollars to the city and the Museum. And it did!

It is a fantastic exhibit, so fingers crossed that it makes it back to some US locations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter