Dreams / DIS Exclusive Adventure 4/21 - 4/30/20 SOLD OUT!!!

Starting our planning and found this on the visa process. This is so much easier than China and only $25 each.

• The Government of Egypt has created a website for the issuance of “e-visas” at visa2egypt.gov.eg/eVisa/Home. There are other websites purporting to offer electronic visas, some of which reportedly charge double the official price, but this is the only official Government of Egypt portal for this service. U.S. citizens and the citizens of 44 other countries are eligible to apply through this means in advance of their travel.
I saw in the FAQ that the visa is included in the cost of our trip so ABD gets them for us when we arrive at the airport.

While researching some activities around Cairo on our own, I came across that it will be Ramadan during our trip. It starts April 24th. It probably won’t have much effect for us as tourists. For locals, it means no smoking or eating until sundown. Otherwise it’s described as being very festive. Last year the Ritz set up huge tents on the lawn for everyone to gather and eat at sundown.

While researching some activities around Cairo on our own, I came across that it will be Ramadan during our trip. It starts April 24th. It probably won’t have much effect for us as tourists. For locals, it means no smoking or eating until sundown. Otherwise it’s described as being very festive. Last year the Ritz set up huge tents on the lawn for everyone to gather and eat at sundown.

they also don't drink during daylight hours, including no water, which is very difficult when ramadan falls in the summer.

As expected, our exclusive Egypt Adventure sold out immediately.

Our guests for a trip on the Nile are:

John
Kevin
Pete
Sean
Chandra
Rob
John
Micki
Kevin M
Kate
Chris
Chuck
Amy
Jim
Linda
Keith
Cathy
Jeremy
Tami
Mami
Rika
Karilynn
Moira
Darren
Blanca
Cynthia
Linda
Kelsey
David
Colleen
Mike
Macy
This just got a bit "realer"

Everyone's deposit is paid and I know what you are all getting for Christmas. :rainbow:
Our adventure kit arrived today!! 60 days until departure!

This just started as a new ABD thread. It looks like the affected were members of the ship's crew. I did not see a reference to the name of the ship.
I found this: The cruise ship, named River. A, was towed to an area approximately 20 km (12 miles) away from Luxor and placed under quarantine as well, state-owned online newspaper Al-Ahram Gate reported, citing a security source. [source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...es-on-nile-cruise-ship-state-tv-idUSKBN20T1IQ]

But I'm trying to find out the name of the company.

Hi Folks,

John has sent an email to everyone on this trip.

Please take a minute to check it out and let him know what you think.

Thanks,
Kevin
Thanks for the reminder Kevin. I sent him my reply.

Our initial flights to Cario were going to put us in Rome to transfer to Egypt both ways. Delta canceled all flights to Italy, so after several hours trying to get threw to change our tickets, I was able to get flights in Paris instead. I got off the phone at 8 pm. Trump just closed Europe at 9 pm. My timing is a thing to behold.

Our initial flights to Cario were going to put us in Rome to transfer to Egypt both ways. Delta canceled all flights to Italy, so after several hours trying to get threw to change our tickets, I was able to get flights in Paris instead. I got off the phone at 8 pm. Trump just closed Europe at 9 pm. My timing is a thing to behold.

somehow i doubt anyone will be going to egypt in april. Seems hard to imagine this will resolve by then, but here's hoping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!