DREAMS/DIS Exclusive BSM 10/25 -10/30/20 SOLD OUT!

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Hey Folks!

This is our official thread for our Adventure.

Your fellow travelers are:

Pete
Sean
Kevin
Kate
James
Paul
Amy
Thomas
Brigitte
Doug
Lakeya
Heather
David
Michael
Ryan
Beth
Aaron
Nick
Adeline
Josette
Gerald
Eric
Christopher
Elaine
Leif
Stephanie
Thomas
Daniel
Jodi
Donna
Stanton
Kurt
Rebecca
Diane
Bill
Jim
Jennifer

Last edited:
this is our first ABD as well and i can't wait!!!

we've decided to add on a disney cruise the week before.

There's a 5 night Disney Wonder cruise out of San Diego right before the ABD trip.

It's from October 18 to October 23, so it works perfectly.

I just sent an email to our Dreams DCL agent to book us on that cruise.

It would be great if others were on board with us!!

In any case, looking forward to meeting everyone on the ABD trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is our first ABD as well and i can't wait!!!

we've decided to add on a disney cruise the week before.

There's a 5 night Disney Wonder cruise out of San Diego right before the ABD trip.

Hey There Everyone!

Beth, it's our first ABD trip too, we're pretty excited as well. GMTA, because we are planning on going on a cruise on the Disney Wonder right AFTER the trip. Because you know, tired feet need time by the pool :cat::flower1::banana:

Can't wait to get my hubby on the first day to do the OPEN HOUSE at the S.H.I.E.L.D. kids area. It's going to be a photo bonanza... it's his favorite show.

Please let us know how you like the cruise when we get to meet in October - I'm guessing it will be a positive experience!

~ Josie ~

images

Hey There Everyone!

Beth, it's our first ABD trip too, we're pretty excited as well. GMTA, because we are planning on going on a cruise on the Disney Wonder right AFTER the trip. Because you know, tired feet need time by the pool :cat::flower1::banana:

Can't wait to get my hubby on the first day to do the OPEN HOUSE at the S.H.I.E.L.D. kids area. It's going to be a photo bonanza... it's his favorite show.

Please let us know how you like the cruise when we get to meet in October - I'm guessing it will be a positive experience!

~ Josie ~

images

great minds do think alike!!
i'm sure the cruise will be fantastic, after all, what could be bad???
a disney ship, albeit for only 5 nights...
how do you spell heaven?

i'm really looking forward to seeing the wonder again..
i haven't been on it since 2004...
we were on the magic in the summer, so i know that i prefer the small ships..
i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Folks!

This is our official thread for our Adventure.

Your fellow travelers are:

John
Kevin
Pete
Kevin
Kate
James
Paul
Amy
Thomas
Brigitte
Doug
Lakeya
Heather
David
Michael
Ryan
Beth
Aaron
Nick
Adeline
Josette
Gerald
Eric
Christopher
Elaine
Leif
Stephanie
Thomas
Daniel
Jodi
Donna
Stanton
Kurt
Rebecca
Diane
Bill
I highly doubt it matters but I somehow am now missing from the travelers list. My husband is James (Jim) and I am Jennifer

I highly doubt it matters but I somehow am now missing from the travelers list. My husband is James (Jim) and I am Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!! :wave2:
I don't know if Kevin reads the thread. You might want to send him an email just to be sure.
I know i'd want to see my name on the list!!! :)

well that's it - just bought our airline tickets for our ABD trip.....woo hoo!!.

we'll be flying non-stop to LAX for 15 long hours (sitting in an economy seat - OMG....which is a really big OMG for Aaron who's 6'7" tall :eek: :eek: :eek: )

on the way back home it will only take 14 short hours thanks to tail winds....mother nature is awesome..

now we just have to wait about 339 days and we'll be winging our way to LA and Mickey and you all...i can't wait!!

Last edited:
well that's it - just bought our airline tickets for our ABD trip.....woo hoo!!.

we'll be flying non-stop to LAX for 15 long hours (sitting in an economy seat - OMG....which is a really big OMG for Aaron who's 6'7" tall :eek: :eek: :eek: )

on the way back home it will only take 14 short hours thanks to tail winds....mother nature is awesome..

now we just have to wait about 339 days and we'll be winging our way to LA and Mickey and you all...i can't wait!!

15 hours?! Where do you live?!

15 hours?! Where do you live?!

Israel. The flight is non-stop from Tel Aviv to Los Angeles.
15 hours to LA and 14 hours back.
But at least we won't have to change planes!!

You were already on this tour before?
You're so lucky!!!!!
I've been wanting to do this dis exclusive BSM tour forever.
And now i will! Even my husband is excited about it!

Israel. The flight is non-stop from Tel Aviv to Los Angeles.
15 hours to LA and 14 hours back.
But at least we won't have to change planes!!

You were already on this tour before?
You're so lucky!!!!!
I've been wanting to do this dis exclusive BSM tour forever.
And now i will! Even my husband is excited about it!

Kate and I will be on this ABD. We had a chance to visit Israel and Jordan this spring. It's a long flight indeed, but Israel was amazing! Would love to go back someday!

Kate and I will be on this ABD. We had a chance to visit Israel and Jordan this spring. It's a long flight indeed, but Israel was amazing! Would love to go back someday!

look forward to meeting you!
my husband, Aaron, has been to Jordan.
I haven't had the opportunity yet.
He actually just passed through on the way overseas.
There was the threat of an airport strike here and he had to be at a meeting.
He couldn't risk missing it, so he hired a car service to get him to the airport in Amman and hopped on a plane from there.
In the end, the strike never materialized, but he did get to the meeting and had an interesting story to tell :)

where are you from? are you flying in?

look forward to meeting you!
my husband, Aaron, has been to Jordan.
I haven't had the opportunity yet.
He actually just passed through on the way overseas.
There was the threat of an airport strike here and he had to be at a meeting.
He couldn't risk missing it, so he hired a car service to get him to the airport in Amman and hopped on a plane from there.
In the end, the strike never materialized, but he did get to the meeting and had an interesting story to tell :)

where are you from? are you flying in?

Wow! I know that wasn't convenient. Hopefully it was easier than the King Hussein boarder crossing we had to take going from our Dead Sea resort in Jordan to Jerusalem. Easily the most intimidating boarder crossing I've made! I've heard the boarder crossing in the north is more tourist friendly and not as intense.

We're flying in from Houston. We've had the chance to do the ABD Backstage Magic a few years ago. It's amazing!

Wow! I know that wasn't convenient. Hopefully it was easier than the King Hussein boarder crossing we had to take going from our Dead Sea resort in Jordan to Jerusalem. Easily the most intimidating boarder crossing I've made! I've heard the boarder crossing in the north is more tourist friendly and not as intense.

We're flying in from Houston. We've had the chance to do the ABD Backstage Magic a few years ago. It's amazing!

yes, he did cross in the north i believe.
Even so, the car service he used, which specializes in getting you to the airport in amman, warned him about not taking certain things with him that would be a problem at the crossing. So he didn't take anything that would be problematic.

Which direction did you cross? Into Israel or into Jordan? I'm guessing both directions can be challenging in different ways.

I've been to Houston twice if memory serves.
Accompanying family members to MD Anderson - amazing place and amazing people. The workers and volunteers!!
The first time i was there was for about 3 or 4 weeks. The second time only 3 days.

i can't wait for this ABD.
The only thing i've done that remotely approaches it is the 7 hour backstage magic tour at WDW.
It happens to also be run by ABD, but it's only 1 day. Though i do highly recommend it!! I've done it twice, which gives you an idea of how much i like it.

Anything we should do in advance? Bring with us?
we'll be at DL the weekend before (as well as the weekend after).

yes, he did cross in the north i believe.
Even so, the car service he used, which specializes in getting you to the airport in amman, warned him about not taking certain things with him that would be a problem at the crossing. So he didn't take anything that would be problematic.

Which direction did you cross? Into Israel or into Jordan? I'm guessing both directions can be challenging in different ways.

I've been to Houston twice if memory serves.
Accompanying family members to MD Anderson - amazing place and amazing people. The workers and volunteers!!
The first time i was there was for about 3 or 4 weeks. The second time only 3 days.

i can't wait for this ABD.
The only thing i've done that remotely approaches it is the 7 hour backstage magic tour at WDW.
It happens to also be run by ABD, but it's only 1 day. Though i do highly recommend it!! I've done it twice, which gives you an idea of how much i like it.

Anything we should do in advance? Bring with us?
we'll be at DL the weekend before (as well as the weekend after).

We started in Jordan and crossed into Israel. Very different on both sides. The Jordanian side was chaotic almost like a mass exodus. The boarder closes at noon which didn't help nerves. The Israeli side is highly organized but intense given security concerns in the West Bank. Thankfully there's a VIP option you can pay for that specific crossing. Apparently it's not needed at the other two crossing which cater more to tourists. Even with the VIP option, it's a lot of blind faith, waiting, and trusting in the system. We didn't see any other tourist making the crossing at the time.

Yes, MD Anderson is a very impressive facility.

I can't think of anything to bring. You're coming in a couple days early which is helpful to get over jet lag. That would have been my only recommendation. I think we still go to the Disney Studio lot. I'd suggest watching The Reluctant Dragon or Saving Mr. Banks as they have a lot of footage filmed on the lot. It's kind of cool to see it in the movie and then experience it yourself.

Last edited:
We started in Jordan and crossed into Israel. Very different on both sides. The Jordanian side was chaotic almost like a mass exodus. The boarder closes at noon which didn't help nerves. The Israeli side is highly organized but intense given security concerns in the West Bank. Thankfully there's a VIP option you can pay for that specific crossing. Apparently it's not needed at the other two crossing which cater more to tourists. Even with the VIP option, it's a lot of blind faith, waiting, and trusting in the system. We didn't see any other tourist making the crossing at the time.

Yes, MD Anderson is a very impressive facility.

I can't think of anything to bring. You're coming in a couple days early which is helpful to get over jet lag. That would have been my only recommendation. I think we still go to the Disney Studio lot. I'd suggest watching The Reluctant Dragon or Saving Mr. Banks as they have a lot of footage filmed on the lot. It's kind of cool to see it in the movie and then experience it yourself.

i think there might be a VIP option also in the north. I know the car service he used is somehow related to that.
The car picks you up at your home, takes you to the crossing. Someone takes you through, and then you switch to a Jordanian VIP service.
So there is something. But still, once he got into amman, there was red tape, even with the VIP service.
But when you have to be somewhere, you make do with whatever.

I've seen Saving Mr. Banks a zillion times. I love that movie!! (and the original Mary Poppins as well).
That's cool that we'll see that studio!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!