DREAMS/DIS Exclusive BSM 10/25 -10/30/20 SOLD OUT!

Anyone think that we will still be able to take this ABD tour / trip at all? So worried for everyone's health, job status, family's and friends,,, everyone suffering through this terrible situation. I just fear that we're going to be in the same boat in 205 DAYS, and frankly, I will take the bored, stir crazy cabin fever over a serious health event for our family and friends... And selves.

Hope you are all safe, stocked, and surrounded by people that you love.

Hugs,
Josie

Anyone think that we will still be able to take this ABD tour / trip at all? So worried for everyone's health, job status, family's and friends,,, everyone suffering through this terrible situation. I just fear that we're going to be in the same boat in 205 DAYS, and frankly, I will take the bored, stir crazy cabin fever over a serious health event for our family and friends... And selves.

Hugs,
Josie

205 days is quite a long time. Hopefully time enough to reach mass testing and time enough to determine the best therapeutics. I'm optimistic that things will start looking up in the early summertime. Hopefully come October we can all celebrate and enjoy a bit of Disney together.

FWIW, I had to cancel an upcoming trip this week, and I used the airline credit to book our flights to California. See you then and take care.

Hugs,
Josie

already a month ago, i realized that my husband and i wouldn't be able to take this trip since we're coming in from overseas and are "elderly" (covid 19 apparently didn't get the memo that 60 is the new 40).

I'm not even sure if we'll be out of our house by then, forget traveling halfway around the world.
I don't see any change to the current situation until a vaccine comes online, and i doubt that will happen by October (we'll be lucky if it happens before 2021).

I'm waiting until PIF in the hopes that perhaps ABD will change their policy by then and offer a refund of the deposit.
If not, we'll be out the $1000 deposit we paid.
We'll also probably lose the flight tickets.
On the bright side, we'll get our DCL deposit back and all the hotel reservations were cancel free.
So a few thousand dollars in the toilet from the ABD deposit and flights.
It's the only option, as for us to travel in October would be way too risky.
I might possibly be willing to wait until closer to the date if ABD delayed the PIF date, but as i understand it, they're not doing that.

I have June 26th on my calendar as PIF date

so let's see....we're in april...that's about 3 months from now.....perhaps we'll be wiser by then...
it's so hard to know what the situation will be..
although, perhaps by then ABD will realize that if they postpone PIF, fewer people will cancel since they'll be willing to take a wait and see approach...
Come june 26th, i'm not going to want to throw good money after bad and i'll cancel..
but if they move that PIF date closer to the trip, then i and others might be willing to wait and see..

In case someone didn’t see the email, our Paid In Full date is now 90 days from departure ( July 27 from my calculations)

Attachments

• EEA9AA27-2168-40D8-9245-58FCA8B3E253.png
    EEA9AA27-2168-40D8-9245-58FCA8B3E253.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 6
In case someone didn’t see the email, our Paid In Full date is now 90 days from departure ( July 27 from my calculations)
Thanks! i received the email from Kevin.
I'm glad to hear ABD has delayed PIF, though i'm pretty sure my husband and i are going to cancel.
But i can wait until PIF to make the final decision.

Thanks! i received the email from Kevin.
I'm glad to hear ABD has delayed PIF, though i'm pretty sure my husband and i are going to cancel.
But i can wait until PIF to make the final decision.

June would have most likely had us canceling as well because we would have had no idea what school would have looked like for our two elementary aged sons ( I don’t feel right asking someone else to have to take on distance learning while babysitting them). Now by late July I would hope to have that information as well as what travel restrictions, park restrictions, and what the general health and safety level of the country is doing. So I am 50/50 now on if we will be able to make the trip. 🤞

June would have most likely had us canceling as well because we would have had no idea what school would have looked like for our two elementary aged sons ( I don’t feel right asking someone else to have to take on distance learning while babysitting them). Now by late July I would hope to have that information as well as what travel restrictions, park restrictions, and what the general health and safety level of the country is doing. So I am 50/50 now on if we will be able to make the trip. 🤞

truth is, i think 3 months is still a tough call. It would be easier at 2 and even easier at 30 days.
I would be able to hold out longer before making the final decision.

Still no word when Disneyland is going to open... I really don’t want to give Disney more of my money when the park is still closed and things are up in the air... 30 day before trip PIF would be much better!

Its with mixed emotions I say "see you later" to this group. We have made the decision that there were just too many unknowns as far as if my young kids would be back in school in the fall, and I don't feel I can ask someone else to take on "distance learning" for a 1st and 4th grader if the pandamic was still around. We are going to join the Dec 2021 Dis trip and cross our fingers. I hope you all have a magical time full of pixie dust!

Its with mixed emotions I say "see you later" to this group. We have made the decision that there were just too many unknowns as far as if my young kids would be back in school in the fall, and I don't feel I can ask someone else to take on "distance learning" for a 1st and 4th grader if the pandamic was still around. We are going to join the Dec 2021 Dis trip and cross our fingers. I hope you all have a magical time full of pixie dust!

i just pulled the plug on this trip as well, but haven't yet committed to the December 2021 trip.
I was going to, but then after some persuasion by a person who shall remain nameless, i decided to hold off making a commitment for now.
I took a look at the ABD offerings and thought maybe i'll switch it to Japan.
Last time we were there was in 1984. Probably time to go back. Perhaps in 2022 (to avoid the olympics).

as for the reason for pulling out of this trip, we come from overseas.
I don't believe that international travel will be the smartest of choices for the rest of 2020.
Here's hoping it goes back to normal in 2021!!

I see WDW cancelled quite a few “experiences”, including their back stage magic... I have this feeling this one will be cancelled as well... we shall see...

My son and I are on this trip and reality is starting to sink in - I do think this is going to get cancelled and I am not sure that is a bad thing considering what the ABD involves. We went on this ABD a few years ago and it was awesome - and we wanted to take it to the next level with "The Dis Only Experience". If you have been on this ABD before I just cannot imagine how we would do many of the activities in today's environment or how The Dis/ABD will have comparable replacements that justifies the cost.

I have emailed Kevin a few questions and he is awesome - basically its too early to predict what October will look like. He and John will not be going - Pete and Sean will be on this ABD.

I was really hoping ABD would have one of these trips before our paid in full is due so that I know what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!